Shashank Manohar At It Again:Asks CoA To Let India Play Series vs Pakistan

CHENNAI: BCCI will meet Union Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore on Wednesday to discuss the potential inclusion of a series against Pakistan in the Future Tours Programme as part of the upcoming ICC Test championship.

It is understood that the meeting was called after BCCI secretary Amitabh Choudhary had indicated last week that the board was trying its best to keep Pakistan away from the FTP. Express understands that Choudhary’s comment hasn’t gone down well with the Union Sports Ministry as it had not issued any directives to the BCCI regarding playing Pakistan. The Ministry always had a policy of not opposing India playing Pakistan in ICC events.

In the past, the Centre had prevented India from touring Pakistan last year citing political tension between the two. However, it didn’t oppose the teams playing each other in ICC events.  

The ICC, which has drawn up a Test World Championship, wants each member to play each other at least once. Each team will play at least three Tests series home and away with members free to negotiate more. The league, which will begin in 2019 and run till 2021, was recently approved, and the BCCI is already finalising the FTP. However, even before the plan was put on paper, Choudhary hinted that playing Pakistan won’t be an option under current circumstances.

It is understood that following the reports, ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar held talks with the Committee of Administrators (CoA) and apprised them of the situation, as isolating Pakistan would affect the game in general and it would cause the ICC Test Championship to lose its purpose. With treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary also not kept in the loop, it is understood that the CoA stepped in on Tuesday in Mumbai, and has directed BCCI CEO Rahul Johri, game development manager Ratnakar Shetty to meet the Union Sports Ministry to solve the impasse. It is also learnt that Amitabh Choudary won’t be part of the meeting in Delhi.

It is reliably learnt that the Sports Ministry won’t stop BCCI from including a series against Pakistan as it falls directly under the ICC Test championship. If India commit and then forfeit, then Pakistan will potentially gain point

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/cricket/2017/nov/22/sports-ministry-to-meet-bcci-over-pakistan-commitments-1707515.amp

Will Modi govt allow this?

What a snake Manohar is, trying to get his place stronger with Pakistani votes.

What will happen if India commits to tour under this and then there is a Mumbai or Pathankot or another terror attack?Will we go and play series againist the pakus and gift them millons.Or will we not play and forfeit points?

Modi govt will be suicidal to even think about allowing this.

The CoA instead of asking Manohar to mind his own business are taking his side and talking to Sports ministry.

What the hell is happening.

Shashank is a snake and I despise him, but I too want a series with Pakistan. I may be in the minority but I just want our boys to whop their rear side (which they are very capable off) and shut off their fans. With test and ODI leagues resuming, it will be meaningless if Ind and Pak dont play.

Lets be honest, aren't we bored off playing against SriLanka again and again and again? This was a perfect opportunity to host Pakistan for a series instead of yet another series with Lanka. Series with Pakistan followed by tour to SA would have been any cricket fans wet dream. But we are resort to watch this meaningless Lanka bashing instead. Dont tour UAE/Pak, but invite them in India and play them in any other neutral venue.

Its been 10 damn long years we have played a test match with them. Aankhe taras gayi ek series dekhne ke liye :sad:

P.S - I am speaking strictly as a cricket fan without going much into political side of it.

The  purpose  of  COA  is  to  implement  the  terms  of  the  Justice  Lodha Committee report and the Supreme Court judgement.
The Board will have to adopt the MoA and Rules and Regulations as specified in the Lodha panel’s report.
The  State  and  member  associations  will  need  to  amend  their Constitutions/By-laws suitably.

Did Lodha Panel recommendation included a series against Pakistan and sell BCCI to ensure that "ICC Test Championship doesnt lose its purpose."

35 minutes ago, maniac said:

I have had a new found appreciation for Srini Mama since this idiot took over...I am sure I am not in the minority here.

I too have started to feel that Srini Mama to BCCI was like Bee to Flower Garden. He openly took the nectar but did help in pollination. Too much emphasis was paid by propaganda machine on nectar part.

I have issues with certain Indian sportsmen going to Pakistan to play in a tournament while others sportsmen can’t. This includes playing in Pakistan or playing with Pakistan.   

While we shouldn’t go to Pakistan at all because of security reasons, I don’t like the inconsistentcy in the rule that certain sports people are playing against Pak and some are not.

Make the same rule for all. Indians are supposed to travel to Pakistan for ITF futures tennis tournament this week. How the hell are they allowed is my concern. 

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I have issues with certain Indian sportsmen going to Pakistan to play in a tournament while others spoetsmen can’t. This includes playing in Pakistan or playing with Pakistan.   

While we shouldn’t go to Pakistan at all because of security reasons, I don’t like the inconsistentcy in the rule that certain sports people are playing against Pak and some are not.

Make the same rule for all. Indians are supposed to travel to Pakistan for ITF futures tennis tournament this week. How the hell are they allowed is my concern. 

Individuals cannot be stopped from going to any country.But the national team can be.

4 hours ago, Khota said:

Shasank is cancer. He brings shame to whole nation by sucking up to Pakistan a nation that hates India passionately. People need to remind themselves that an average pakistani has nothing but hate for India and they would love to see India burn in flames. Why is shasnk like that is beyond me.

I have talked to a average Pakistani. They got no time for that.