Shashank Manohar At It Again:Asks CoA To Let India Play Series vs Pakistan

2 hours ago, renjith said:

Export to pakistan during 2015-16 is estimated around $1.8 billion and imports around $400m. fair enough if we don't want to fund them by playing cricket. but policies are not consistent.

What is inconsistent?

India wants transit access to Afghanistan and is ready to pay a fee. Has Pakistan given that?

Gas pipeline deal with Iran never realised because Pakistan didnt let that happen. Its over 20 years now.

Edited by mishra
20 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I hope that Modi Govt tells the CoA to just mind its own business.

I will be surprised as Cricket is NOT at all a priority for Govt.  It has clearly told that No cricket with Pakistan. If BCCI keeps going back asking same question again and again, doesnt mean govt will need to answer.

However it exposes people running BCCI.

18 hours ago, Vilander said:

dude this is the impact of propaganda, you can accuse him of trying to stay in power, but can not accuse him of monitarily benefiting from cricket out right. He and his firm have support cricket for long but i am not sure what this nectar is referring to. 

Nectar for me was CSK link of his relatives. But honestly, I care a damn as long as cricket/ players/ facilities are improving. And he was probably the Biggest Beast in Corporate Cricket Circle

Edited by mishra
4 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

By trying to shift the Indian cricket capital from Mumbai to Chennai, he was taking on on the Sharad Pawar led Mumbai-Dubai nexus.

Now Srini might be the undisputed king on his turf but against that nexus, he's just a pipsqueak. It took them all of three years to cut him down to size.

Dude having meetings in his home town when he is the lead executive is normal. There is no cricket capital. this is just restive regional jingoism what is mumbai dubai nexus btw lol. Good imagination.

Edited by Vilander
27 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I recently visited Pakistan and stayed there for two months.

I watch pakistan TV and see nothing but hatred. I hope you are correct. Even look at green forum and the comments. They all belittle India and take subtle jabs like this op is doing. I have no animosity but it cant be one sided. I really value your opinion on this forum and we should have more pakistani fans here so we can have interchange of ideas.

24 minutes ago, mishra said:

CSK link of his relatives

Ofcourse they will its an enterprise for profits. But meyappan was betting that was illegal but what part of csk was illegal specifically on srini ? Do you complain about seeing star kids in mi or rcb whats the problem with csk then. If its meyappan betting then that is an illegal activity yes but not the fact that meyappan was involved in the first place.

Edited by Vilander
4 hours ago, renjith said:

Export to pakistan during 2015-16 is estimated around $1.8 billion and imports around $400m. fair enough if we don't want to fund them by playing cricket. but policies are not consistent.

Pakistan did not allow export of wheat to Afghanistan thru Wagah border. Indian now has to go thru Iran which almost triples the cost. You can keep on living in your makebelief world but reality is different.

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Ofcourse they will its an enterprise for profits. But meyappan was betting that was illegal but what part of csk was illegal specifically on srini ? Do you complain about seeing star kids in mi or rcb whats the problem with csk then. If its meyappan betting then that is an illegal activity yes but not the fact that meyappan was involved in the first place.

See, Betting is legal or illegal is totally down to a countrys law. Only time its illegal is if owners/coaches/players are betting in matches involving their team. So, For me, Court verdict either way doesnt matter.

India Cement should have no relations with Srini, If it owns  CSK. Things like below could have happened. And that arm twisting/rigging, I call nectar

In 2011, the owners of other teams were concerned about the possible rigging that could have taken place in the IPL auctions. Nita Ambani, the owner of Mumbai Indians questioned the changing the order of players just before the auction began.[82] Former IPL chairman Lalit Modi accused Srinivasan of arm-twisting him and rigging the 2009 IPL auction to ensure that English all-rounder Andrew Flintoff was bought by the Chennai Super Kings while it was refuted by Srinivasan

2 hours ago, mishra said:

What is inconsistent?

India wants transit access to Afghanistan and is ready to pay a fee. Has Pakistan given that?

Gas pipeline deal with Iran never realised because Pakistan didnt let that happen. Its over 20 years now.

If we don't trust them how can we have a gas pipeline thru pakistan and make full dependency over it. What happ when a war starts?

We say don't play cricket coz they promote terrorism. Then we play them in icc tournaments. Doesn't it look silly? Then we continue trade with them. Why not stop all bilateral relationships rather than picking and choosing things.

These things are too political.

Edited by renjith
19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Lol look at the comments seriously hehe mumbai dubai nexus surely can do something about shashank manohar hehe..after all he is Sharad pawars prodigy.

But they all are on one side including CoA. Court have been fooled.

Srini is other side.

13 minutes ago, Khota said:

I watch pakistan TV and see nothing but hatred. I hope you are correct. Even look at green forum and the comments. They all belittle India and take subtle jabs like this op is doing. I have no animosity but it cant be one sided. I really value your opinion on this forum and we should have more pakistani fans here so we can have interchange of ideas.

Actually I see no politics being discussed in Pakistan forums as I do in this place. And I strongly mean on the cricketing front. When I went to Pakistan I made it clear that at times we blame India for all our problems. Its time we deal with it ourselves instead of blaming the outside world. There is a general animosity between both countries, its just for a normal human being its impossible to keep up since they got there kids to raise. People in Pakistan are either rich or poor. There is no middle class. The government does no favors for them. There is still a lot of load shedding, not having water issues. I think these things alone keeps a average Pakistani busy. 

I think its fair to hate the governents but no need to hate the people. Only peace can bring happiness not war. And lets be honest lately the BCCI is the one in control of having series with each other or not. If it plays politics than of course people will be bitter.

4 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Actually I see no politics being discussed in Pakistan forums as I do in this place. And I strongly mean on the cricketing front. When I went to Pakistan I made it clear that at times we blame India for all our problems. Its time we deal with it ourselves instead of blaming the outside world. There is a general animosity between both countries, its just for a normal human being its impossible to keep up since they got there kids to raise. People in Pakistan are either rich or poor. There is no middle class. The government does no favors for them. There is still a lot of load shedding, not having water issues. I think these things alone keeps a average Pakistani busy. 

I think its fair to hate the governents but no need to hate the people. Only peace can bring happiness not war. And lets be honest lately the BCCI is the one in control of having series with each other or not. If it plays politics than of course people will be bitter.

What a great post. I hope more people on both sides are like you. But look what just happened last week. They released hafiz and do you think that will sit well in India. Herein lies the problem that cannot be solved.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

What a great post. I hope more people on both sides are like you. But look what just happened last week. They released hafiz and do you think that will sit well in India. Herein lies the problem that cannot be solved.

That is a govermental issue. Hire ups are corrupt there thats for sure. But not every human being there will support this. If you wanna look at it another way these are the same people who are destroying our country. These people actually do us no favors. All they care about is money. Our country has regressed due to these people and it will continue to till we get a better leader.

8 minutes ago, renjith said:

If we don't trust them how can we have a gas pipeline thru pakistan and make full dependency over it. What happ when a war starts?

In event of war, generally a embargo was placed on Ammunition Supplier yet we had results in 1965 and 1971. There is something called "Reserve". Every country maintains that. Be it food, firepower or energy. Also google how transit arrangement are made. In case of gas pipeline there would have been 4 parties. Pakistan can take on India but can it also antagoniase Iran and Afghanitan too?

11 minutes ago, renjith said:

We say don't play cricket coz they promote terrorism. Then we play them in icc tournaments. Doesn't it look silly?

We are doing our best to avoid playing Pakistan. In ICC tournament, We cant avoid it also we are doing it as favor to ICC and goodwill gesture. Refer to my previous point. There are 4 parties in this case too.

11 minutes ago, renjith said:

Why not stop all bilateral relationships rather than picking and choosing things.

If you have a headache,  You dont pick a gun and shoot into your head. Why, because you know headache will be over sooner or later.  Atleast you hope so. And occasionally, if its unbearable, you take a tablet.

Same is in bilateral relationship.

23 minutes ago, renjith said:

These things are too political.

What is political here? Its standard nudge

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

In event of war, generally a embargo was placed on Ammunition Supplier yet we had results in 1965 and 1971. There is something called "Reserve". Every country maintains that. Be it food, firepower or energy. Also google how transit arrangement are made. In case of gas pipeline there would have been 4 parties. Pakistan can take on India but can it also antagoniase Iran and Afghanitan too?

We are doing our best to avoid playing Pakistan. In ICC tournament, We cant avoid it also we are doing it as favor to ICC and goodwill gesture. Refer to my previous point. There are 4 parties in this case too.

If you have a headache,  You dont pick a gun and shoot into your head. Why, because you know headache will be over sooner or later.  Atleast you hope so. And occasionally, if its unbearable, you take a tablet.

Same is in bilateral relationship.

What is political here? Its standard nudge

Either we trust someone fully or we don't trust/co-operate at all. I don't believe in partial trust/relationship.

Edited by renjith
Just now, renjith said:

Either we trust someone fully or we don't trust at all. I don't believe in partial trust.

This issue you bring up is my problem here. If India was straight with its word by not having games at all in both ICC events and biterial series than I believe this begging would stop. But its picking and choosing what it wants to do which is causing many of us to be bitter.

8 minutes ago, renjith said:

Either we trust someone fully or we don't trust/co-operate at all. I don't believe in partial trust/relationship.

Good that you take such a moral high ground. So what is Pakistan doing? When it says it wont allow transit trade between India and Afghanistan from its soil but it wants a Cricket series involving India and Afghanistan on its home soil.

Help me understand?