Joe Root v Virat Kohli in tests

53 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Root has only 3 centuries outside England, still he is rated very highly. 

Root failed again in Aus today and has been poor in Bangladesh, Aus and NZ. 

Kohli is easily better batsman than him in tests.

Both are very talented n could be greats of the game , Virat seems more strong temperamentally, Root is promising  n Brits have the habit of hyping their players, remember Broad was tauted as next Botham, n Cook better the Sachin.

I'm kind of surprised with Root's batting in Australia, he's scored big runs in much tougher conditions in South Africa but in Aus not only he got out at a score of 15, he was at 15 off 50 balls when he got out, never looked settled even though the pitch was decent for batting.

Or maybe we're judging him too early.

On 23/11/2017 at 5:17 PM, MechEng said:

I'm kind of surprised with Root's batting in Australia, he's scored big runs in much tougher conditions in South Africa but in Aus not only he got out at a score of 15, he was at 15 off 50 balls when he got out, never looked settled even though the pitch was decent for batting.

Or maybe we're judging him too early.

South Africa were missing their two front line bowlers that series (Steyn and Philander). Chris Morris was used as one of their front line pacers. Also more bounce in Aus than RSA. 

32 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

South Africa were missing their two front line bowlers that series (Steyn and Philander). Chris Morris was used as one of their front line pacers. Also more bounce in Aus than RSA. 

Australia has best pace attack in aussie/African conditions. Not just best, its ahead by miles to next team when you putr in Lyon in the mix. You see, When Starc bowls, he beats the batsman with pace or hits his body, without even sweating. You can see  the ease he throws the unplayable delivery. And then they have figured out LBW weakness of Root. So if Root make ammends, absolutely extraordinary.

And that is why I now laugh at Pakistani posters when they talk about Aamirs left arm swing. Cos he is allways cranking

11 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

He's slightly better than root. But he's not half the batsman smith is across all formats. But yes, kohli is good on roads  and he's the the king of scoring soft runs whereas most of smiths good scores were as valuable as gold dust. 

Kohli will never reach the level of Smith or abdv

Its test cricket we are discussing here

17 minutes ago, mishra said:

Australia has best pace attack in aussie/African conditions. Not just best, its ahead by miles to next team when you putr in Lyon in the mix. You see, When Starc bowls, he beats the batsman with pace or hits his body, without even sweating. You can see  the ease he throws the unplayable delivery. And then they have figured out LBW weakness of Root. So if Root make ammends, absolutely extraordinary.

And that is why I now laugh at Pakistani posters when they talk about Aamirs left arm swing. Cos he is allways cranking

Starc was outbowled by Rabada, Abbott and Philander last time.

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Starc was outbowled by Rabada, Abbott and Philander last time.

And he could be outbowled by Bhuvi too. Sometime players are nursing some injury. Not everytime Starc or Cummins bowl, they will get a wicket. Its amount of time they hit the rib cage that matters. As a captain, If I have a bowler who can hit the ribcage of allmost any batsman in the world, I will allways throw him the ball to do that.

And this is called threat perception. You need One bowler hits the ribcage/helpmet/thigh,limbs.

And the day our pacers start doing that at alarming rate, We will forget batting of likes of Kohli but be fans to our pacers

Edited by mishra