sourab10forever

2nd Test IND v SL | Nagpur

4 minutes ago, khiladi786 said:

Playing test cricket in southafrica you must need to sends longer spell so Umesh or Siraj more perfect than physically busted Mohammad shami

Shami if fit is the First choice, even if his fitness is just good for 4 days, I will pick him and then let him drop out for 2 tests. But he must play every time he is fit as he is right up there with Bhuvi as our best bowler.

My first test bowlers would be Bhuvi-Shami and any of the Umesh/Ishant. It looks like they are not going to pick Bumrah in the squad, so I will pick anyone between Ishant and Umesh whoever does well in this remainder of the series. But we need to take Umesh and keep him in the squad as Shami will break down anyone and we must have a back up for him and Umesh seems to be the guy who has played good amount of cricket with India so our attack won't look extremely inexperienced if Shami is down and out.

Just now, sandeep said:

Ishant has outbowled Umesh so far.   Yadav slipping to his inconsistent days.  Not quite spraygun, but not making the batsmen play enough.   

Both of them have bowled ok but not great. Just not consistant with line

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Ishant has outbowled Umesh so far.   Yadav slipping to his inconsistent days.  Not quite spraygun, but not making the batsmen play enough.   

I would not like to persist with Umesh anymoer. He just does not seem to get things right. Too mercurial.

Edited by rkt.india

Kohli sees Anushka in every Sharma. Ch**** selection. Where did his theory of always playing 5 ballers go? Could not have been better chance to try vijay Shankar - he might have failed, but no harm trying.

Only way we winning this test with this team is if we bat only once.

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

He is doing ok pitch has even bounce , in saw swing from him initially. 

He has everything you need in fast bowler, pace, a good outswinger and good bouncer.He should be a world class bowler right up in rankings.But he is so inconsistent  and I don't think it will change.

Edited by putrevus

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Umesh though has not bowled as bad as he did in the last games, boundary balls every over there.

He has not been in that corridor of uncertainty consistantly but pace is up and he has not bowled bad balls. Thats an improvement

Just now, putrevus said:

He has everything you need in fast bowler, pace a good outswinger and good bouncer.He should be a world class bowler right up in rankings.But he is so inconsistent  and I don't think it will change.

Lacks concentration and focus to be a world class bowler.  Like batsman, a bowler also need those two things.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Lacks concentration and focus to be a world class bowler.  Like batsman, a bowler also need those two things.

He is such a a natural athlete, it is a pity he never developed.He has everything Steyn has except the will to succeed.

16 hours ago, sourab10forever said:
54 minutes ago, khiladi786 said:

SO ishant, world record holder for most NO BALL IN TESTS opened account

ishant is bowling well..i would say.

Nagpur pitch does not look that green and hence it is a bit of a myth that the pacers are getting much support, it seems its dry grass

and i have played in Nagpur not at this pitch ..it is the flattest and driest area so it seems even the green grass thats put is getting dry.

let me cut the crap- its a Near to Patta wicket and hence i would say both Pacers are doing OK.

Ishant managed to get 1 wicket and umesh did not bowl fast at the start but in the last three overs he looked in rhythm and bowled 140 to 142k in last three overs and looked like coming back to rhythm. Umesh coming back in rhythm is BAD news for lanka as if he gets into 140 to 146k range and at good length, he will become UNPLAYABLE.

i think ishant bowled on ball at 145k too...

Kohli was laughing at Pujara in last test match while fielding. Seems Chepu is full2 charged up in field today. Great Catch, Attacking ball in field, Direct hits.. Kya baat hai

11 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Kohli was laughing at Pujara in last test match while fielding. Seems Chepu is full2 charged up in field today. Great Catch, Attacking ball in field, Direct hits.. Kya baat hai

As soon as I say this...he drops a catch :facepalm: 

11 minutes ago, Shunya said:

As soon as I say this...he drops a catch :facepalm: 

Yaar first half an hour into the test match everyone is charged up usually. It is after you lose some fuel is when it counts.

You won't seem the same guys shouting and encouraging bowlers "Shabash Shabash" etc after certain time. Some people just lose fuel on the field and Pujara, Ashwin are some of them. Shami too, but Shami doesn't count as he is always pathetic on the field. Umesh is brilliant in this. Umesh fields his heart out even after bowling a long spell.

14 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

would you prefer ishant over umesh. atleast the guy can bowl to a plan. will pitch up if there is movement

I would actually want to try Umesh honestly in South Africa instead of Ishant even though Ishant has improved his overseas record. I would play neither, but we don't have much experience back up to Shami so its better to play Umesh than anyone. Ishant will take 1 early wicket and then will be 110-1. With Umesh, I just want to see what he does in South Africa. I feel he can deliver at some point. If he doesn't then we can discard him.

This pitch is going to turn. Typical Indian track. Score loads of run and then spin the opposition out. Lankans are going down badly here unless couple of their batsman hit big ones.

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

That's one of the old rules of Cricket which doesn't make sense. If you have run out on No ball, then it should be fine to have stumping on a no ball too.

That doesn’t seem to make sense. Run outs are there off every ball, otherwise batsmen would keep running. That’s not the case with stumping though. So it needs to be a legitimate delivery, like any other dismissal 

Just now, bowl_out said:

That doesn’t seem to make sense. Run outs are there off every ball, otherwise batsmen would keep running. That’s not the case with stumping though. So it needs to be a legitimate delivery, like any other dismissal 

If you can get run out of a wide ball, then why not stump on a no ball? Stumping happens when player steps out without knowing if the ball is a no ball or not.

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If you can get run out of a wide ball, then why not stump on a no ball? Stumping happens when player steps out without knowing if the ball is a no ball or not.

Think you meant to say if you can be stumped off a wide ball, then being stumped off a no-ball should be legit..

Fair enough. 

Guest, sign in to access all features.