Manjrekar: India needs more bowling superstars

cric_fan

16 hours ago, cric_fan said:

I kinda agree with Manj. The likes of Bhumra, Bhuvneshkar, Yadav, Zaheer, Pathan, Nehra, Sharma, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Prasad, Srinath, Mohanty, Kuruvilla etc etc will be forgotten in years to come...Shami has potential to be the best. Lets see.

Whenever fast bowling is discussed, the names of Imran, Wasim, Waqar & Shoaib will always come up..even 100yrs from now.

Indian batsmen will surely be talked about for many yrs to come but so will the likes of Hanif, Abbas, Anwar, Miandad. So Pak has rich history in both batting & bowling. Whereas Ind in batting only.

Bhuvi averages 27 in tests, great super star Amir averages 32. In ODI Bumrah averages 22, great super star Amir averages 27

Comparing Hanif, Anwar and Miandad to the likes of Sachin, Kohli is like comparing Zaheer Khan, Srinath to Imran and Wasim

Bhuvi averages 27 in tests, great super star Amir averages 32. In ODI Bumrah averages 22, great super star Amir averages 27

Comparing Hanif, Anwar and Miandad to the likes of Sachin, Kohli is like comparing Zaheer Khan, Srinath to Imran and Wasim

FFS. Where did I compare them to Ind batsmen? Comprehension issues much?
5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Manju considers Pak bowlers as superstars because he avg 92 against them and just to show the world he scored all those runs against superstar bowlers.

Did he really average 92 v them ? 

Ps poor manju main issue with him his is massive complex as his dad was atg player and manju was bang average . 

India had Kapil dev.Though not an ATG fast bowler , his stats need to be analysed based on his longevity, work load, & support bowling strength.At times he was fast enough in the 140 k/s.But the earlier said circumstances prevented him from maintaining that  fastness more frequently  .All in all a 'very good category' bowler.

Manju had crush on Imran Khan, Wasim Akram and Waqar. Just like Padosis, he keeps talking about players who were in team 2 decades ago.  Jokes aside, he is someone who tries too hard follows the pattern: "Love your neighbour as yourself" 

Here is what Tendulakr had to say about him after Dravid Declared him being at 194:

“........Sanjay Manjrekar, who was a commentator in Pakistan, turned up in my room. Sanjay said, it had been a brave decision to declare and it was a good sign for Indian cricket. He carried on in that vein until I asked him if he really knew what he was talking about.

“I explained to him that he was not aware of what had transpired in the dressing room and arrived at his judgement without knowing the real facts of the matter. I made it clear that I didn’t appreciate his opinion, which I thought was a deliberate attempt to be different.”

57 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Amir is not our best fast bowler in Tests.

u are missing the point....bhuvi has better test average than ur many fast bowlers at moment like aamir,riaz,abbas etc...and still u are trying to mock him.....and bumrah averages 22 in odis ...better than wasim and waqar.......clearly ,stats put you out of the park.

no matter how much pakistanis try to downplay indian bowling ...they clearly know that india is not 1990's india with weak bowling...

recently bhuvi took 4 for 8 runs on a fcking day 5 of test match!!!!!