Steve Smith hands down is the best batsman in the world

maniac

He has been best for a while for a long time in test, way ahead of Root and surely ahead of Kohli. Kohli is not even India’s best Test bat yet since he just reached 50 average.

Smith’s average will drop down massively but not for next two years, he is playing really well at this time or I should say he is putting price on his wicket the most and showing great temperament. 

He is way better than anyone in Test Matches where as in ODI he is quite underrated. 65 in tough chase in QF, 105 in semifinal to set up game and 56* to take team home wasn't easy by any means.

Where as greatest ODI batsman in the world was bounced out scoring 1 run off 13 balls, killing all the momentum openers set up. 

10 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Average difference of 10 is significant. 

I assume you meant test. Once again I think the 10 differntial you are talking about is the average which to me does not mean much as I dont agree with averages done in cricket. Like I said he is real good but I am not about to proclaim him the king. In test without detail analysis I cannot say for sure who is better. In T20 I feel he is better than Kohli.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

so so you are saying kohli is better,if yes how ?

I never said that. I am saying you are splitting hairs decalring Smith is head and shoulder above Kohli. Like I said in T20 i have no doubt he is better but the context was tests.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

I never said that. I am saying you are splitting hairs decalring Smith is head and shoulder above Kohli. Like I said in T20 i have no doubt he is better but the context was tests.

being better in t20s doesnt make one a better batsman atleast for me,kohli is quite elegant and am his big fan but he is nowhere near Smith at the moment

add to his test exploits,he has atleast two memorable world cup knocks already 

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

I assume you meant test. Once again I think the 10 differntial you are talking about is the average which to me does not mean much as I dont agree with averages done in cricket. Like I said he is real good but I am not about to proclaim him the king. In test without detail analysis I cannot say for sure who is better. In T20 I feel he is better than Kohli.

Average doesn't mean much to me too, but it is one factor that is used in comparison because it is hard for someone to know too much unless they have seen a lot of batting of both.  Smith batting displays a man who is sure of himself, what he needs to do to put his team in winning situation. Pujara takes up the same role for India in Asian Conditions. Without him, India would have lost a home series to a weak Australian Team. Without Smith, Australia would be losing home series as well.  Where as Kohli is a great batsman, but he doesn't give you feeling of security. He might show brilliance here and there, but on every normal day, you can't be sure that he has in him to get the team to a fighting total.