My Squad suggestions for 3rd test and LOIs

Sooda

3rd test

Vijay, Rahul, Pujara, Rohit, Rahane (c), Shankar, Saha, Ashwin, Jadeja, Ishant, Bumrah

Kuldeep, Umesh, Priyank Panchal

ODIS

Mayank Agarwal, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, M S Dhoni, Vijay Shankar, Rishab Pant, Krunal Pandya(?)/Deepak Hooda, Kuldeep Yadav, Y Chahal, Ankit Rajpoot, M Siraj

Thampi, Axar, Sanju Samson, D Kartik

T20Is

Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rahul Tripathi, Deepak Hooda, Rishab Pant, Krunal Pandya (?), Unadkat, Y Chahal, B Thampi, M Siraj

-Would love to see Jasprit play tests, esp a thome and then hopefully on the plane to SA...but he has not FC matches this season so dont know how match fit he'll be. Think the board messed up there, are any of the LOI players are playing for state ?

-Deliberately gone without anyone likely to make the SA test XI

- no 3 is too high for Manish, but he needs to be in the XI's and seems the best spot. He's opened in T20's so wont be too alien to him.

-I wouldnt mind a ODI XI without MSD, but thats unlikely and anyway it leaves it far too inexperienced, it already is

-ODI XI needs another paceman

-Is Krunal fit? Not in Baroda squad?

-Could consider Nitesh Rana and Parvez Rassool for LOIs too, ODIs maybe- both in good form this season

-People will scoff at Jaidev inclusion but he had a good IPL and took wkts vs NZ for BP XI

Edited by Sooda

I like the team but will remove Manish Pandey from the t20 squad. I think there are better players than Pandey for t20 format. We can have Nitish Rana in t20. 

Also I would like to give chance to Shubham Gill from Punjab in the LOI team. The guy is brilliant form. 

Instead of Unadkat, I would play Shardul Thakur as he should not be discarded without getting proper chance. 

Manish Pandey should be captain in 50 overs and make Shreyas Iyer the captain of t20. 

16 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Umm what is this?

Why would you make the guy absolutely sucking, the captain of the 3rd test? Virat is still there...

Same for odis/t20s. Virat will play.

He's asked for a rest and the current squad is only for the first two tests. He needs to not play the 3rd test and LOIs so he's fit for SA. And Rahane happens to be vice captain

7 minutes ago, Sooda said:

He's asked for a rest and the current squad is only for the first two tests. He needs to not play the 3rd test and LOIs so he's fit for SA. And Rahane happens to be vice captain

Ya.........no one will let go of an opportunity to further pad stats against these Lankans especially if you are in form. Certainly not Kohli. 

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That's why people say don't go by stats. Unadkat is the classic case against NZ. He was thrashed most part and picked wickets in slog overs.

He took 4/57 whilst NZ made 340 odd i think in the second tour match 

I have not seen him bowl for a while, but it's not just his BP XI wkts- wasn't he second highest wicket taker in the IPL , can't dismiss all of that as fluke.

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I like the team but will remove Manish Pandey from the t20 squad. I think there are better players than Pandey for t20 format. We can have Nitish Rana in t20. 

Also I would like to give chance to Shubham Gill from Punjab in the LOI team. The guy is brilliant form. 

Instead of Unadkat, I would play Shardul Thakur as he should not be discarded without getting proper chance. 

Manish Pandey should be captain in 50 overs and make Shreyas Iyer the captain of t20. 

Yeah kinda agree about Nitesh instead of Manish but it makes that T20 team very inexperienced. Manish SR in T20 isn't spectacular but he has been consistent in IPL and has a century, merits consideration as someone who can anchor. 

Think it's a bit soon for Gill and even Shaw let them play at least two more fc seasons. They need to have totally understood their games and ironed out flaws with state and A team matches. 

Thakor can be in line for ODI team 

13 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Good op

no players for sa test series in white ball games 

bumrah must play last test and not white ball games 

no dhoni please 

Yes gill but I also would open with shaw in odis . Let’s get him in

aaron gets call up as well

Aaron.....lmao. Debut was good and then it was downhill from there.