Rohit Sharma will make a solid middle order option.

Lannister

Seriously, why have we not tried this option yet? This would solve a lot of issues that the team is currently facing with respect to the batting position.

For LOIs, he can bat at 5 or 6 while younger players can get to open the innings as it is more easier to bat in that position. And this would also compensate for Dhoni's lack of skills (why are we still carrying this unnecessary luggage though)

I was just watching his footwork against spin, that was really impressive, no wonder he gets lot of sticks whenever he fails as he is so much more than that. That got me thinking he will make a good backup option for Rahane in Test cricket.

I just hope Kohli would try this option somewhere down the road in LOIs.

We can try but problem is that Rohit batted at that position earlier and he failed miserably and then we put him on top where he has been brilliant. So changing his position back again to middle order might hurt his game. Better to try a new guy there than Rohit who is already doing fine on top.

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Rohit big issue is can’t rotate strike . One of worst at it. Hence has

to go aerial 

he has been tried in middle order and sucked . It’s opener or nothing . Even up top gets bogged and goes big . 

Its mainly because of field restrictions. He will find no such problems when batting in the middle order. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We can try but problem is that Rohit batted at that position earlier and he failed miserably and then we put him on top where he has been brilliant. So changing his position back again to middle order might hurt his game. Better to try a new guy there than Rohit who is already doing fine on top.

Nah he's batting just fine at the moment in the middle order and you can see his brain fades have come down a bit since the ball is old and there's no mystery to it. He's more suited bat in the middle order and that's the need of an hour for the team. 

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Its mainly because of field restrictions. He will find no such problems when batting in the middle order. 

KL Rahul can bat 2nd down instead of Rohit in LOIs

Right now you are looking at Rohit who is  batting with ease on this track because we have 500 on board and Lankans are waiting to get back in the dressing room. The  fielders are tired barring few of them.

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Other way round . Cos of field ristricrukms up top . Can bang it over top as no one deep . Middle order gets bogged , has to go big but more boundary riders means gets out 

For singles you don't need to go for aerial shots, he just keeps on finding fielders inside the circle. That will not be the case when 3 or 4 down. 

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

For singles you don't need to go for aerial shots, he just keeps on finding fielders inside the circle. That will not be the case when 3 or 4 down. 

He could never do it before. Sucked at it . Opening saved his odi career .

so he sucked in middle order but thrived up top . Why make him go middle order again ?

19 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

KL Rahul can bat 2nd down instead of Rohit in LOIs

Right now you are looking at Rohit who is  batting with ease on this track because we have 500 on board and Lankans are waiting to get back in the dressing room. The  fielders are tired barring few of them.

That won't bode well for Rahul's confidence after when they just dropped him saying he's a top order batsman. I would play Manish at 2 down, Pandya and then Rohit. 

17 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I speak without prejudice...a concept alien to you. When you open a thread like this I would agree but at the same token would call your BS as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah you mean your opinion, but that doesn't really mean its the truth. Anyway lot of guys had the same thought in that thread. Like I said I dont really give a ****.

Batting in middle order is exactly opposite of LOIs . A test opener should be able to bat down the order and a LOI middle order batsmen can easily open in shorter formats , but the rreverse is not necessarily true . 

As for Sharma who sucks momentum at top of order even with with the  benefit of power plays , if you think he will do well in the middle order u couldnt be more wrong . 

And it won't happen anyway . The odi opening is a too easy a batting spot to let go off , you can keep scoring these meaningless hundreds and inflate your stats and there is zero chance of either rohit giving up his spot or mgmt asking him to come down the order .

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Dosent work that way . When you bat at 4 or 5 , you don't get too much time to settle down and there are no easy boundaries to release pressure . Hes a mental midget , spinners will easily choke him to do something silly .

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Dosent work that way . When you bat at 4 or 5 , you don't get too much time to settle down and there are no easy boundaries to release pressure . Hes a mental midget , spinners will easily choke him to do something silly .

I think it's worth a shot. Middle-to-late order has been our weakest area, so why not try someone with an experience and see how it goes. 

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

I think it's worth a shot. Middle-to-late order has been our weakest area, so why not try someone with an experience and see how it goes. 

Personally am not a big fan of Rohit opening , so I wudnt mind him being played down the order , but am fairly certain it wont solve our middle order problems and like I said it wont happen .