Kohli's conversion record from 50s to 100 in tests is exceptional.

Well player Kohli,  but I really did not enjoy this double hundred as much I should have. It feels Lanka has already given up and are just out there like a club side doing over throws and just waiting to go back to pavilion so they can comeback to bat again.

The whole inning I was feeling guilty and it kept playing on my mind that our Indian team istaking undue advantage by beating kids left and right.

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Good record but hopefully he gets more 50s. He needs to get more consistent, he generally gets a string of single digits after a couple of big ones.

True if you see careers of all great players they had more than 30% of innings with 50+ scores. Kohli at peak has converted 33 out of 105 innings in 50+. 

Those batsmen were scoring 1 50s every 2.5-2.8 innings at their peaks. Kohli is doing it at 3.2 inning per 50.

Root has a well-known conversion problem, and given the Cauldron that is Ashes cricket, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up a few more failures this series - but I still feel that he edges VK as a pure test batter.  VK has a much better temperament though - if you don't get him out, he's going to hurt you.  Very Ponting-esque.