Random titbits from Ask Steven facebook page

Before joining this forum, I used to visit Ask Steven facebook page where people used to share all kind of questions, answers, stats and facts about matches. Some were difficult to find stats, cricket history questions etc. 

https://www.facebook.com/asksteven/

There wasn't much debate, but I used to enjoy reading those a lot. I remember a guy from DNA who used to post some articles. There were a British guy Michael Jones who had lot to share, a Pakistani Asim who probably scrapped cricket databases and queries those to use all stats related questions which you won't find from statsguru. There was a hardcore Sachin fan Nilu Humne. That guy Asim created his own page Ask Asim.

https://www.facebook.com/askasim/

Some of you might find these useless, but for me it was always interesting - for ex who scored most runs in a year (not calendar year, but 365 days). 

Kohli has scored 5 double 100s in 18 months, I think this is most in span of 2 years or so. I went back to Ask Steven page to check if someone has posted about it. Didn't find any post.

Few questions which I read today there:

I don't think any 21st century's borned cricketer(Borned on or after 1st Jan 2000) has played international cricket so far. My bet is on Mujeeb Zadran from Afghanistan to set this record.Any other options?

Harbinger Ora You are right--Joshua Little[ IRE, b Nov. 1, 1999, T20I debut v Hong Kong at Bready, Sep 5, 2016] is the youngest international player at present who was born closest to 1 Jan 2000.

Pujara just batted out the 2nd day of India v Srilanka 2nd test today and is all set to bat 8 consecutive days of Test match cricket.Has any one ever done this or bettered?

Deepu Narayana Alviro Peterson batted on all three days of the Hamilton Test and followed it up with batting all five days of the Wellington Test. Bruce Mitchell batted eight days from his debut day spanning across three Tests (they were three day matches).

Those 2 questions were posted by Jatin Patra, if you watch cricket videos on youtube, you will know this guy. Anyway I didn't know realise Pujara batted all 5 days last match and first 3 days of this match.

Batsmen who batted on all 5 days

Pujara is set to become only the 9th batsman to bat on each of the 5 days of a Test match (unless there's no play at all tomorrow).

Others to do so:
ML Jaisimha
G Boycott
K Hughes
A Lamb
R Shastri
A Griffith
A Flintoff
A Peterson

Curious as to which pair of test bowlers together took the highest percentage of their team's wickets, in games they both played, across their whole careers. Presume it was Warne and McGrath, but how do Anderson and Broad (currently with a combined 5 of the 7 Aussie wickets at the Gabba) stack up? Akram and Younis? Walsh and Ambrose? Ntini and Pollock? As a Kiwi, which is the best NZ combination?

Muralitharan-Vaas bowling partnership-impact on their team's overall bowling is a benchmark for all teams--at least in this millenium. 

Here’s the leaderboard:

Murali-Vaas: 59.5%
Wasim-Waqar: 56.1%
McGrath-Warne: 53.4%
Srinath-Kumble: 52.6%
Walsh-Ambrose: 49.1%
Anderson-Broad: 45%
Pollock-Ntini: 44.1%
Vettori-Martin: 41.6%

Who has taken the most test wickets without ever taking a return catch?

CS Martin (NZ) with 233 wickets.

Chris Martin never had a caught and bowled wicket!

Something related to Sachin fielding for Pakistan in an exhibition match

Has there been an example in f/c cricket where a spectator at a match has fielded as an emergency 12th man?

Martin Briggs Journalist Martin Johnson fielded for Leics, at short leg and silly point, v Oxford University in the mid-1970s.

Hi Steven, there are a few batsmen like Shai Hope and Brijesh Patel who haven't scored a duck in international cricket. But could you tell us who scored the maximum number of runs in Tests and ODIs before registering their first duck?

Harbinger Ora Tests: AB de Villiers scored 2958 runs in 78 inns before his first duck.; followed by Aravinda de Silva 2779 in 75 inns; and Ross Taylor 2387 in 58 inns.

ODIs: Kepler Wessels played 105 inns without a duck for all his career runs--3367. Gordon Greenidge scored 2988 runs in 70 inns before his first duck; and Graeme Smith 2609 runs in 67 inns before his first duck.

Amol Mazumdar is probably highest run getter in FC cricket (excluding English players) who never played international cricket. How unlucky was he?

KL Rahul scored 73* in the second innings of the ongoing IND vs SL test match at Kolkata after being out for 0 on the first ball of the match in first innings. How many other batsmen have gone on to score a fifty/hundred in second innings after being out for a duck on the first ball of the match? And whats the highest score in such case?

Harbinger Ora WI v IND, Trinidad, 6 Mar 1971, RC Fredricks out first ball of the match b Abid Ali, run out for 80 in 2nd inns, is the only instance other than Rahul, who might surpass it tomorrow.

In matches where a team was all out in the 1st inning, how many times has the team's 2nd inning's opening partnership exceeded team's first inning total? (for example India 1st inning 172 all out, 2nd inning opening partnership was 166, they missed the mark by 6 runs)

Harbinger Ora Rahul/Dhawan missed the following TEN feats that you wished they joined:

1. SA v ENG, Oval, 18th,-23rd Aug 1960, ENG 155 a.o. 1st inns, 1-290 2nd inns;

2. ENG v WI, Trinidad, 2-7 Feb 1973, ENG a.o. 131 1st inns , 1-209 2nd inns,
3. PAK v WI, Georgetown, 18-23 Mar 1977, PAK a.o. 194 1st inns, 1-209 2nd inns.
4. AUS v ENG, Birmingham, 5-8 June 1997, AUS 1st inns a.o. 118, 1-133 2nd inns.
5. ENG v AUS, Lord's 19-23 Jun 1997, ENG a.o. 77 1st inns, 1-162 2nd inns.
6. IND v NZ, Mohali 10-14 Oct 1999, IND a.o. 83 ist inns, 1-137 2nd inns.
7. ENG v SA, Durban, 26-30 Dec 2004, ENG a.o. 139 ist inns, 1-273 2nd inns.
8. BAN v NZ, Dunedin, 4-6 Jan 2008, BAN a.o. 137 ist inns, 1-161 2nd inns.
9. ENG v NZ, Dunedin, 7-10 Mar 2013, ENG a.o. 167 1st inns, 1-231 2nd inns.
10. AUS v ENG, Trent Bridge, 6-8 Aug 2015, AUS a.o. 60 1st inns, 1-113 2nd inns.

Most runs by running on 1 ball without bounday or helmet penalty. 7 runs!