Why not Sudeep Tyagi instead of Siddarth Kaul ?

fineleg

2 hours ago, fineleg said:

If there is any rule that we need to bring in a "domestic experienced player" -

why not Sudeep Tyagi instead of Siddarth Kaul ?

Whats the "sudden selection" of Kaul? He has not been in India squads recently, so what was the justification for the 'sudden selection'???

Only thing I can think of is that it could be a "like for like" replacement for Bhuvi, in the sense that Kaul moves the new ball.  But a poor selection regardless.

6 hours ago, fineleg said:

If there is any rule that we need to bring in a "domestic experienced player" -

why not Sudeep Tyagi instead of Siddarth Kaul ?

Whats the "sudden selection" of Kaul? He has not been in India squads recently, so what was the justification for the 'sudden selection'???

Hes been on the fringes for ages incl India A squads too. If anything he should have been ahead of Thakur and Siraj in the pecking order, though it smacks of illogical inconsistency that those two were picked didnt play at all and were discarded

Tyagi is only jsut back from Injury and needs lots of good lts overs performances to merit a place. 

Edited by Sooda
4 hours ago, Sooda said:

Hes been on the fringes for ages incl India A squads too. If anything he should have been ahead of Thakur and Siraj in the pecking order, though it smacks of illogical inconsistency that those two were picked didnt play at all and were discarded

Tyagi is only jsut back from Injury and needs lots of good lts overs performances to merit a place. 

It seems to me that the MSK Prasad led Selection Committee is hell-bent on providing 'fair' chances to the the top 15 fringe players, especially the ones that have been around for a while.  Almost a reverse-agism in the sense that they are making it harder for the "youngsta beauties" to break through quickly.  

Personally I like to see siraj in the squad. But kaul really deserves this chance. He somehow manages to get wickets every time he is given an opportunity. He is very much like vinay kumar in terms of speed and skills. But since vinay failed we cannot say everyone like him will fail. First class bowling average of 26.82 and list A bowling avg of 22 both after 50 matches are very good numbers and cannot be discarded.

Some recent performances of kaul:

2 for 35 vs AFG A
3 for 41 vs SA A
2 for 55 vs SA A
4 for 46 vs India Red
3 for 65 vs NZ A
3 for 25 vs NZ A
5 for 118 vs Bengal

I hope siraj is also given a chance in loi soon and not discarded based on t20 performances.

Edited by renjith
2 hours ago, renjith said:

Personally I like to see siraj in the squad. But kaul really deserves this chance. He somehow manages to get wickets every time he is given an opportunity. He is very much like vinay kumar in terms of speed and skills. But since vinay failed we cannot say everyone like him will fail. First class bowling average of 26.82 and list A bowling avg of 22 both after 50 matches are very good numbers and cannot be discarded.

Some recent performances of kaul:

2 for 35 vs AFG A
3 for 41 vs SA A
2 for 55 vs SA A
4 for 46 vs India Red
3 for 65 vs NZ A
3 for 25 vs NZ A
5 for 118 vs Bengal

I hope siraj is also given a chance in loi soon and not discarded based on t20 performances.

I don't like kaul personally.....but surprisingly, he has been performing very consistenty in the A games.....He deserves to be looked in....

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

135ish, might hit 140 on occasions but mostly in pace bracket of BK but with lesser skills.

Mostly in the range 130-135. Occasionally goes below 130 and sometimes goes above 135. advantage is he can move the ball both ways. Main disadvantage is lack of height and speed.

Edited by renjith