Steve Smith better test BATSMAN then Sachin

MCcricket

Steve Smith can dominate and win test matches which Sahin rarely has done single handwdly  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Smith can dominate and win test matches which Sahin rarely has done single handwdly

• Yes is true
    • No it's blasphemy

Yes Steve is ungainly, unorthodox but he has shown the resilience n temperament to dominate n win a test match on his own n that was one thing Sachin rarely did if any. Sachin did improve in test matches towards the tag end of his career n did save one or two tests but rarely has dominated n won a test single handedly, in that area even Virat is better n will surpass him in tests.

^ It was not the quality of bowlers. By 80s nineties, Cricket bowling has developed so much that Bowlers were openely "Engineering" the ball dynamics. Thats why, In that era, All the ATG bowlers appeared.  And hence so much scrutiny on ball condition in modern era as ball was so blatantly abused that it became a known secret .

Just to understand, Assume that After Starc is finished with first spell with shiny new ball, After gap of some overs, He is given a one sided shiny new ball. He will be breaking the ribs of poor Root.

Edited by mishra

^ On personal experience, I play div 8-9. But my club has 4 teams two of them always play in division 1-3. Occasionally we get opportunity to bowl them div 1-3 players bats. Once I have "engineered" a old ball, my 60-65mph deliveries start getting respect from them. I know what I have done. Coach knows too. But its nets. They want me to do it.

Now think this "engineered" option being available to modern bowlers bowling around 90mph+-. They will become great

When you consider peaks of Ponting, Sangakara and Smith, you can make arugment if they were better than Tendulkar, but by solely on whole career they come far behind Tendulkar. If Smith can have this kind of stats when he finishes, he will no doubt be second best player ever produced. Question is that can he substain this kind of form for next 100 matches with age in 30s.