The Mayank Agarwal Juggernaut

16 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

should have been in odi squad ,we are masters at wasting the form of players

today i was watching shaw smash the lankan u19 bowlers all round the ground,even he is a better option than that joker rahane,but rahane keeps on getting chances 

let alone indian team.....i am wondering if he is in contention for A team

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Not enough matches.  VVS probably played more matches. teams are only playing 6 league that is not enough to be honest. BCCI needs to do something about it. A team needs to play at least 10 FC matches per season. 

very important issue, 6 match per season if you don't qualify for quarters is too less.

the idea was to give rest to fast bowlers between matches but the purpose hasn't been served as top 20 wicket takers are mostly spinners, which was not the case last couple of seasons.

43 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I've been talking about him for a couple of years, this guy is good and should now be rightfully elevated to national team.

He was always good , infact during the  U-19 days KL was compared to Dravid and Mayank was supposed to be the next Viru . I would not blame anyone else for him ignored , his performances always has been good in Ranjis but for some reason he fails in shorter formats and worse hasnt had one good IPL season . I have a feeling eventually when he does get picked he will run out os steam .

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

He was always good , infact during the  U-19 days KL was compared to Dravid and Mayank was supposed to be the next Viru . I would not blame anyone else for him ignored , his performances always has been good in Ranjis but for some reason he fails in shorter formats and worse hasnt had one good IPL season . I have a feeling eventually when he does get picked he will run out os steam .

He's a really good timer and reminds me a lot of Uthappa. Next IPL could be the watershed moment for him

On 11/28/2017 at 4:30 PM, SUMO said:

first class avg of 52 and list 40 with strike rate of 96. what more can u ask?
should have been tried in sl series

What was his FC average before he went on this amazing tear?  He hasn't even been considered good enough to hold down a permanent spot in the Karnataka team earlier.  Maybe he has improved, and good for him.  If he keeps up this level of performance, he's sure to get his chances. 

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

What was his FC average before he went on this amazing tear?  He hasn't even been considered good enough to hold down a permanent spot in the Karnataka team earlier.  Maybe he has improved, and good for him.  If he keeps up this level of performance, he's sure to get his chances. 

this is the reason why we should prefer a experienced domestic player like mayank than a young one-season wonder like say Pant.....mayank has seen all the ups and downs and figured out what actually works for him....By mentioning this, i am not saying that mayank will be successful in all the conditions across countries but he deserves a go...

Exceptional talent like Shaw or Gill can be an exception