The Mayank Agarwal Juggernaut

16 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

this is the reason why we should prefer a experienced domestic player like mayank than a young one-season wonder like say Pant.....mayank has seen all the ups and downs and figured out what actually works for him....By mentioning this, i am not saying that mayank will be successful in all the conditions across countries but he deserves a go...

Exceptional talent like Shaw or Gill can be an exception

I don't necessarily disagree with you, just pointing out that those who are claiming that he was unfairly kept out don't have a valid argument.

9 hours ago, sandeep said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, just pointing out that those who are claiming that he was unfairly kept out don't have a valid argument.

Totally agree ...

He was very inconsistent and never showed that he belonged to the highest level...However, here and there, he showed those glimpses of excellence

I really wanted to see ...what has changed in him...

One thing i observed before was.....he has concentration lapses

On 12/1/2017 at 7:48 PM, sandeep said:

What was his FC average before he went on this amazing tear?  He hasn't even been considered good enough to hold down a permanent spot in the Karnataka team earlier.  Maybe he has improved, and good for him.  If he keeps up this level of performance, he's sure to get his chances. 

You are right, his FC average was just about touching 40 before this season. He has had some brilliant spells of form followed by a string of low scores. Though his skill and technique was never in question, he has to prove his consistency from here on. But I feel he has definitely turned a corner this season in terms of his mindset and fitness this season.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:08 PM, Abhilash93 said:

You are right, his FC average was just about touching 40 before this season. He has had some brilliant spells of form followed by a string of low scores. Though his skill and technique was never in question, he has to prove his consistency from here on. But I feel he has definitely turned a corner this season in terms of his mindset and fitness this season.

he is rather sehwag-like. ups and downs.

3 hours ago, fineleg said:

^ Hopefully, despite the QF/SF choke, he still merits a place in the A-series/A-tours squads.

he has choked in the important matches or when the bowling attacks were somewhat better. still, I hope he gets some opportunities in A squad.

On 11/30/2017 at 7:20 AM, Vk1 said:

He's a really good timer and reminds me a lot of Uthappa. Next IPL could be the watershed moment for him

Uthappa was mediocre, played everything across n a big lbw candidate, Mayank has a good technique, plays all around, has more skill n talent also can shift gears n is definetly a candidate for India colors soon.