Root on Smith laughter: 'If that's not motivation, I don't know what is'

SK_IH

The England camp were underwhelmed by the image of the Australia captain in near hysterics as Cameron Bancroft revealed details of the incident between him and Jonny Bairstow in Perth a month earlier. While it would be wrong to interpret that laughter as necessarily disrespectful or mocking - there were some comically absurd moments in the press conference - the idea that Smith should be so amused by an incident that embarrassed Bairstow and briefly destabilised the England camp has left quite a mark on Root and his team.

And while he did not quite say that Australia had crossed a line, Root did suggest they had behaved in a way in which England would not.

"I think their line and our line are slightly different things, let's leave it at that," Root said.

"To see a reaction like that in a press conference is I mean if that can't get you up for the next game then I don't know what can. If that's not motivation to the players, I don't know what is.

wtf are root and eng moaning about? :confused:  

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21621881/not-motivation-know-is

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

Root you twat lol 

smith shoudl enter press conference with ashes and laugh his head off 

when he isn't laughing, he's out there butchering the eng trundlers. on the other hand, root is alternating between whinging, whining and running (back to the pavillion) after making his customary inconsequential 50.

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he already pwned kane in 2016. kw scored: 16, 22, 7, 97 (with 2 dropped catches) and stewie scored: 71, 138 and 53*

KW is no match for stewie in tests.

I think in the Aus series Kane outbatted Smith while Smith returned the favor in NZ. It is a tie.

Obviously KW is no match for Smith but from the limited sample size, in Aus-NZ matches there is not much to separate the 2. 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think in the Aus series Kane outbatted Smith while Smith returned the favor in NZ. It is a tie.

Obviously KW is no match for Smith but from the limited sample size, in Aus-NZ matches there is not much to separate the 2. 

true. however since we were looking at series in isolation, I posted that one. ironically, in both these series, I recall voges outbatted both of them :giggle: