What is Kohli and team management problem with K L Rahul?

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Laxman in the studio and Chopra and Manjarekar  backing Dhawan incessantly like they have been briefed to do so.

Laxman even said Dhawan and Vijay should start today because that's the ideal openers for SA series.

my god,am i taking crazy pills? whats happening here? Dhawan is a tried and tested failure and these guys will surely play him in SA.the likes of rabada ,steyn and co will take him to the cleaners.

apocalypse is coming because I am saying this....Dhoni was better in trying new players or backing players...Sure he had his share of favorites but I think he was better in this regard...Kohli May be tactically better on the field in tests but in LOI’s and even behind the scenes in tests,he is soon becoming rubber stamp.

Looking at the last few captains Ganguly,Kumble and Dhoni...I think Kohli is in the Dravid category...good tactically but a puppet every where else.

51 minutes ago, flat_wicket_bully said:

And play who instead of Kohli, dont be foolish you cannot drop a captain especially when he was the leading run getter in the previous series. As shown by your stats, Dhawan has been the most successful one in recent times. If KL Rahul would have made 100 in either of previou 2 tests he would have been playing today. He has nothing but himself to blame for not converting those 50s into 100s

How many of them even scored those 50s in Aus series?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

apocalypse is coming because I am saying this....Dhoni was better in trying new players or backing players...Sure he had his share of favorites but I think he was better in this regard...Kohli May be tactically better on the field in tests but in LOI’s and even behind the scenes in tests,he is soon becoming rubber stamp.

Looking at the last few captains Ganguly,Kumble and Dhoni...I think Kohli is in the Dravid category...good tactically but a puppet every where else.

Agree mostly with the first para but disagree on Kohli being a puppet. He has more power than Dravid ever did. Pretty much got the coach fired to get his man in.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

in before king tendulkar comes and defends the indefensible :cantstop:

Dint I tell you , Dhawan is our first choice opener . I was fairly sure virat will not drop VJ after his hundred . It's just easy to drop a youngster . You see a clear pattren of players with no backing and youngsters being soft targets under virat . They clearly know avg indian fans won't remember how KL has been doing specifically in tests .

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kohli has had been captain for 4 years now and the only new players debuting under Kohli in international cricket are 

Naman Ohja - Shorr term option and already discarded

Karun Nair - Already discarded

Jayant Yadav - Short term option and  already discarded

Kuldeep Yadav - Huge controversy

Pandya - Successful

Not a single fast bowler tried .It's ridiculous how reluctant Kohli has been in trying new players as captain..Its like he has zero interest in blooding or backing youngsters.

Edited by BeautifulGame
16 minutes ago, maniac said:

O please . Thought you were better then this 

yes I would pick Raul . But just cos one pick don’t go your way have this ott reaction 

4 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Kohli has had been captain for 4 years now and the only new players debuting under Kohli in international cricket are 

Naman Ohja - Shorr term option and already discarded

Karun Nair - Already discarded

Jayant Yadav - Short term option and  already discarded

Kuldeep Yadav - Huge controversy

Pandya - Successful

Not a single fast bowler tried .It's ridiculous how reluctant Kohli has been in trying new players as captain..Its like he has zero interest in blooding or backing youngsters.

Ganguly and even Dhoni good  or bad had a core set of youngsters they backed...the only problem was that they overdid it at times but still they groomed them and supported the. . If Kohli wants to achieve that level of recognition as a captain he needs to do that as well...I don’t think it is a regionalism or favoritism here but he doesn’t have the confidence to call the shots when it is his peers.

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

O please . Thought you were better then this 

yes I would pick Raul . But just cos one pick don’t go your way have this ott reaction 

Kohli is tactically and ability wise miles ahead of Dhoni in tests but so far no sign of making hard calls....when he picked Karn Sharma in Australia ahead of Ashwin as bad as the decision was it was still a refreshing change...we thought it is a sign of things to come but so far business as usual.

Lots of new players come in and established themselves . Particularly in odi set up 

tests never change like this . As every game is treated very importantly. So always small tweaks particularly when very successful team 

odi team has had massive changes . Look he dropped jadeja and ashwin , massive call . And they are his mates , who he loves etc according to icf 

played chahal , Kuldeep yadav . Iyer come in . Bumrah fully backed . Pandya backed in all formats .

everyone talking nonsense. 

Ps Raul should be in for me but let’s not go so ott in theories 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kohli is tactically and ability wise miles ahead of Dhoni in tests but so far no sign of making hard calls....when he picked Karn Sharma in Australia ahead of Ashwin as bad as the decision was it was still a refreshing change...we thought it is a sign of things to come but so far business as usual.

Dropped ashwin and jadeja from white cricket . Gutsy call dropping to massive stars in India cricket . Icf not recognised this 

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

Dropped ashwin and jadeja from white cricket . Gutsy call dropping to massive stars in India cricket . Icf not recognised this 

The fact that they had to really suck real real bad but anyway ODI captaincy still has the Dhoni stench to it.....I don’t blame Kohli for ODI tactical blunders but at the same time it is a problem too

Just now, maniac said:

The fact that they had to really suck real real bad but anyway ODI captaincy still has the Dhoni stench to it.....I don’t blame Kohli for ODI tactical blunders but at the same time it is a problem too

Well not sure they sucked that bad but still made the call 

dhoni thing is whole different thing . Dhoni icon too much for bcci to handle , kohli not that powerful lol

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Regionalism ? Why no gambhir and pant in team ?

i suppose plays punjabi boys bumrah and chahal in team so shows bias I suppose 

Don’t buy the regionalism theory either but I am not happy with how a core group of future players is developed....selectors are not to blame because they have selected every hot prospect out there be it Pant,Iyer,Nair,Siraj or Shankar.

Pandya is performing in LOIs every single time so no need to be backed....only guy I can think of has got a good backing is Chahal.

Even the Kuldeep selection in the 3rd test vs Aus resulted in the Kumble Kohli conflict

Edited by maniac

Lots of new players come in and established themselves . Particularly in odi set up 

It's pretty much the same in ODIs too so far .

tests never change like this . As every game is treated very importantly. So always small tweaks particularly when very successful team 

So drop youngsters who are performing great ?

odi team has had massive changes . Look he dropped jadeja and ashwin , massive call . And they are his mates , who he loves etc according to icf 

Dropped after the humiliation in the CT final.

Practically whole of ICF was begging Ashwin to be dropped for CT lol

played chahal , Kuldeep yadav . Iyer come in . Bumrah fully backed . Pandya backed in all formats .

Iyer hasn't even played single odi.Already discarded Rahul from ODIs too.Infact he has so far backed D Karthick ahead of both Rahul and Iyer in the odi team.

Neither Bumrah nor Pandya debuted under Kohli .Bumrah had already established in the team by the time Kohli became captain.

Same with bowling .Siraj already discarded after a single match.

In any other nation, Rahul would have been considered as one of the main players in any format.

Here despite being the second player to score century in every format, proving that he's got the temperament the skipper and the team management seem hesitant on him.

He has also been unlucky to miss matches due to injuries, fever etc.