Rahane finished?

Just now, The Realist said:

Looks like the poor man's Gambhir is done - 2 good years & mediocrity the rest. In fact Malnourished Rahane is much worse - a mental midget with loser body languages & now a walking wicket.

Can't even score runs on flat home pitches on which even tailenders pile up scores. 

SA must be licking their lips.

Count a world class player like rahane out at ur own risk......

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't think he gets out because of mental issues. It is mainly due to technical issues. He is not a wristy player that we are used to seeing in Indian cricket. He just plays everything in straight line.  Any deviation of the pitch he is not able to negotiate. 

What ?????

Idiotic is not thread rather selection, here we have rahul who perfrmed consistently through out the year and is out of the team and then you  have deadwood like rohit, dhwan keep getting chances every now and then, to some extent rahane as well who was really bad during later half of the year. 

I won't judge a batsman who fails when we are 350/2, Rahane is not a vulture who boosts his stats from such positions, same applies to Ashwin the batsman. Rahane thrives when the team is under the pump. The bigger issue is his game against spin, absolute shambles. I wish he himself decides to skip the ODIs/T20s and works with Sachin/Dravid/Laxman as to how to improve against spin. Unlike previous SA tour this time they have a potentially world class spinner in Maharaj, worst thing will be to see Rahane play the seamers well on greentops and then throw it all away the minute Maharaj gets the ball. He needs a short fix before January and that won't come playing limited overs formats. Also some time out before SA will probably refresh his mind. 

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I won't judge a batsman who fails when we are 350/2, Rahane is not a vulture who boosts his stats from such positions, same applies to Ashwin the batsman. Rahane thrives when the team is under the pump. The bigger issue is his game against spin, absolute shambles. I wish he himself decides to skip the ODIs/T20s and works with Sachin/Dravid/Laxman as to how to improve against spin. Unlike previous SA tour this time they have a potentially world class spinner in Maharaj, worst thing will be to see Rahane play the seamers well on greentops and then throw it all away the minute Maharaj gets the ball. He needs a short fix before January and that won't come playing limited overs formats. Also some time out before SA will probably refresh his mind. 

His fellow Mumbaikar teammate says HI.

24 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

If our team management is sensible , should release him from the odi squad and let him play for Mumbai in QF and Semi to regain some confidence back.

Sitting in the bench in the odi squad will only make it worse.

He will probably be in the XI as Kohli is sitting out. We can look forward to more 65 ball 50s.