Rahane finished?

2 hours ago, maniac said:

I pointed out his inconsistencies before....sometimes I wonder if scoring in pressure situations is easier for a lesser batsman who doesn’t have much at stake or any expectations anyways to begin with.

He hits that one innings every test series and goes missing.Reliable doesn’t mean having that one clutch innings,reliable means delivering Day in and day out.

Our some of us have the definition of lesser players all wrong . ;)

2 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

If Rahane has a bad SA series , we are royally screwed for next few years . This was a batting spot we thought was sealed for next couple of years :(

Apart from virat I can't think of one other player in the lineup who am absolutely sure will be in the squad 12 months from now

Murali Vijay? He does have the capability of seeing off the new ball & making it old !

2 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Murali Vijay? He does have the capability of seeing off the new ball & making it old !

Hes one bad series away from getting dropped . There are players who can and shuold play for us , but am just not sure they will cause of the fickle mindedness we are seeing with selections . You keep playing this musical chair and expect players to come back straight into form ? Its going to hurtbe some of their careers badly at some point and more likely once we start with overseas tours . Rahane was one undropable player we had and iteven would suck if we have to start looking for his replacement as well.

6 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Hes one bad series away from getting dropped . There are players who can and shuold play for us , but am just not sure they will cause of the fickle mindedness we are seeing with selections . You keep playing this musical chair and expect players to come back straight into form ? Its going to hurtbe some of their careers badly at some point and more likely once we start with overseas tours . Rahane was one undropable player we had and iteven would suck if we have to start looking for his replacement as well.

No wonder the bunch of clowns i.e the selectors are responsible for continuous chopping & changing. The only option we have now  is to support the ones who are scoring runs despite the ongoing musical chairs & wish for their success against  Rabada, Philander, Morkel, Steyn, Tahir, Maharaj in SA.:flute:
We have only 4 batters whom I feel have to do most of the work - Vijay, Kohli, Pujara, Rahane. I dont trust flashing Gabbar at all (hope to be proven wrong for opening partnership's sake). Less said about Rohit the better & Saha, Ash doesn't inspire confidence at all.
The way in which management treated Rahul, Nair, Jayant Yadav is apalling. Disgusting to say the least. The minimum they should've done is to keep Yadav, Nair in the loop. That's why Ganguly is respected, he was fair to youngsters. Gave them chances & was open to them about what he expects off them & how many chances they'll be given.
And I hate the way these players skip national duty due to personal issues & come back straight into the side. I believe in carrying the rhythm, momentum. Screw seniority. The one who performs well, stays.
The omission of Nair after triple hundred in tests was wrong. It really sent a wrong message. What must be going inside the kid's head? He was poor against Aussies no doubt, but it enforced the wrong precedent going on for years against the youngsters.

13 minutes ago, MechEng said:

He got runs when the bowling was relatively less hostile, Rahane scored a ton on a deck where even Bhuvi who was 5 mph slower than Andu was tough to face for Cook and co.

It's not only about runs, he got 29 in the 1st innings after playing 67 deliveries, even Pujara played many deliveries. Opener has the tough job of shielding the middle order, by the time Rahane came to bat ball was 30+ overs old and relatively easier. In the 2nd innings again Vijay got 95 while Rahane flopped. For me Vijay was the best batsman overall in that match. 

It is telling that the moment he started floundering England were all over us, check the scorecard of the last 2 tests of that series, Vijay was the difference between 1-3 and a sureshot 0-5. 

5 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Rahanes problem against spin shouldn't be such an issue on overseas tracks. Another way to circumvent the problem is to promote rahane to no.3 as he loves taking on pace bowling. Chepu can drop to 5 overseas and that may suit his crisis style of batting better or chepu can replace one of the openers if not performing 

Not a terrible idea. But is Rahane good enough to face new ball in case a opener goes early? I think Pujara has the best temperament to be a no.3. 

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not a terrible idea. But is Rahane good enough to face new ball in case a opener goes early? I think Pujara has the best temperament to be a no.3. 

Depends what type of no.3 you'd want, Pujara would be a Dravid type and Rahane would be a Ponting type. I think a Ponting type no.3 suits virats capatincy style better and hence I give preference to Rahane at 3. I still remember how he destroyed pat Cummins in dharamsala on a bouncy/fast track (where warner was bounced out by bhuvi) where he was at times bowling 95mph. Chepu can either do a shielding job as opener or prevent a collapse from no.5. Don't see chepu coming out and putting bowlers on the back foot which is sometimes a good way of 'defending'. 

Some stats which highlight the ineptness of Rahane:

• 7 runs in his last four innings against Sri Lanka whereas Kohli (three), Vijay (two), Pujara (one) and harma (one) have helped themselves to centuries.
  • Averages 23.56 with just 377 runs in last 10 Tests at home
  • 2 fifties in last 19 innings in India
  • No century at home for over 2 years
  • Career home average of 34.44 

And yet somehow is always picked to play with no questions asked :facepalm: 

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

Some stats which highlight the ineptness of Rahane:

• 7 runs in his last four innings against Sri Lanka whereas Kohli (three), Vijay (two), Pujara (one) and harma (one) have helped themselves to centuries.
  • Averages 23.56 with just 377 runs in last 10 Tests at home
  • 2 fifties in last 19 innings in India
  • No century at home for over 2 years
  • Career home average of 34.44 

And yet somehow is always picked to play with no questions asked :facepalm: 

@WC2011INDIA has new ammo now:elefant: to use 

11 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Looks like will be taking a tourist to SA as will spend more time seeing the sights than time at the crease.

At the moment calling up a not well-toned RP Singh from the beaches of Miami for the 2011 Eng series is looking a more rational judgement than a woefully out of form player on the most difficult tour in cricket.

:hysterical: