Dhonis batting...as good as....

hatja_tau

6(54), play and miss, sitter dropped, completely clueless. It really pains me to see an absolute annihilator of the cricket ball playing like a 73yr old. Today's innings looked more like a Marathon for the old and aged than the "Dhobi" Dhoni we know and to make it worse DAY-2 doesn't promise much either, If he somehow manages to scrape through the new ball, which is highly unlikely, he would definitely kill all the momentum and result in Sachin's downfall, hence jeopardize India's chances. My prediction: 17(119) out fishing outside off to clarke. PLEASE DHONI PLEASE PLAY YOUR BANG BANG GAME ATLEAST AGAINST THE SPINNERS !

Guest HariSampath

I am a great fan of Dhoni, and had been extremely critical of his 54 ball 6 runs,, but from Sachin's comments and team needs it seems he was under instructions....I would love him to play natural game though, let us see

I missed the last session. Dhoni ? 6 off 54 ? Wow ! That resembles Dravid-esque proportions, which is surprising since its Dhoni at the crease. Dhoni with the bat has definitely been one of the major disappointments. For someone of his batting talents, you would expect him to make some meaty contributions, rather than just the odd 30s and 40s. Remember, Dhoni is not a keeper who can bat, he is a batsman who keeps well. Still, he has done enough to warrant a place in the side. He helped save the Lords test against Eng and also was instrumental in drawing the third test against them. Against Pak at Delhi, it was his partnership in the first innings that helped win that test match and eventually that series. It would have been nice had he stuck around for a bit longer with Kumble at Sydney and helped us save that match too. Too bad !

Guest HariSampath

Dhoni's first 15 balls are long gone, but I hope he doesn't throw it away. he batting for 1 hr could mean a Sachin 200 and an India domination of first half of game

Guest HariSampath

^ But his 30s, 40s and 50s have saved/won test matches for India last 6 months, and if the test captain instructs him to play in a certain way, there is nothing he can do except obey, he is NOT the captain in tests to make his own decisions, and still has to play to Kumble's test plans...still I would ( like all of us) like to see Dhoni playing his natural game

^ But his 30s' date=' 40s and 50s have saved/won test matches for India last 6 months, and if the test captain instructs him to play in a certain way, there is nothing he can do except obey, he is NOT the captain in tests to make his own decisions, and still has to play to Kumble's test plans...still I would ( like all of us) like to see Dhoni playing his natural game[/quote'] I would much rather have a team man then a maverick ... that he is doughty enough to completely alter his game for the sake of the team tells you abt the kinda of guy he is. He oftens play his natural game in India where the tracks and match situations are often more suited to his liking.
MSD is not playing his natural game and is playing "as per instructions" looks like. For someone like him, thats not gonna work out too well.
What nonsense Fine leg? Dhoni is one player who plays according to situation. He has shown this again and again. How many examples do you need to withdraw your claim? PS: I'm enticed each time I see your avatar with those legs. Tell me something are you a beautiful girl with such nice features as you have opted in your avatar:-)

Except for one knock in lords when did Dhoni ever bat great dont give 94 in oval even kumble score a century there, he is the vice captain of the side and his hs score is 38 , he is like bull who knows how to hit balls hard in sub continent wickets , indian selectors who are a joke wanted this buffoon to be captain of Test squad also , let him show his worth to team before showering him all the accolades, he got the accolades for something Yuvraj and others did in 20-20, there also he never played any innings in which he scored fast like other did during that world cup.

I don't know why Dhoni even plays Test cricket for India on these overseas tours. If i were a selector' date=' i'd pick him only for tests played in the subcontinent, and drop him for Karthik or Parthiv whenever India go abroad. He is just a flat track bully.[/quote'] Not just in batting. He's better wicket keeper than Karthik or Parthiv.
Guest HariSampath
Not just in batting. He's better wicket keeper than Karthik or Parthiv.
Oh yes, I agree completely with hc, Dhoni is a much better keeper as well as a batter at home and abroad, when compared to patel or kkd. At this stage of his career Dhoni has really overtaken both of them otherwise he would have never been appointed captain for ODIs, he is streets ahead of all other keeper batters