Indian slip catching hall of shame

I've had enough of this. Ever since Sachin, VVS and Dravid retired, our slip catching has been amongst the poorest in test cricket. Whilst our ground fielding is now exceptional our slip catching is abysmal. Can't win test series overseas if you don't gobble up slip catches. Do the Indian management even prioritise slips catching training? Doesn't look like it! From now on, every time I'm watching a game and I see a dropped slip catch, I'm gonna register it on this thread. It's got to the point where I want to name and shame the culprits.

Edited by mancalledsting

This is beyond horrid, we drop 3x, 4x the number of catches other teams drop, even Pakistan and Bangladesh are better catching units. I have a bad feeling about the upcoming tours, especially to SA and England. How many chances should our bowlers create to get 20 wickets? 25?30?35?

Mark this post, we are getting slaughtered in SA and England only because we don't know how to catch. In 2003-04 Aus we couldn't win the series because of 1 Parthiv Patel, remaining were solid catchers, in fact we won the Adelaide test match due to Dravid the slip catcher. This team has 5-6 Parthiv Patel's spread all across the field, disaster awaits. 

Well..

Mr Ravi Shastri ...instead of making mumbai cricket team an Indian team, concentrate on these extremely important aspects....no way India can win a single match overseas...

Last time around India lost most of the overseas matches not because of batting or bowling but because of slip catching....

Its been 3 years and nothing has changed

Shame on the coaching and support staff not to work on this aspect..

For me, this should be the slip cordon

Pujara

Rahane

Rahul

Ashwin

Vijay

Really can't understand why Vijay is not in slip cordon

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk