Who will be next Indian pacer to break into top 10 of ICC test rankings?

Next Indian pacer in top ICC test ranking?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be next Indian pacer in top 10 ICC test rankings

• Shami
    • Bhuvneswar
    • Ishant
    • Yadav
    • No one before next Congress govt at centre

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

we will not have fast bowlers in top 10 as we play so many matches at home.

I am not about now, starting from SA they play all match overseas only.By end of Australian tour they need to have couple of fast bowlers in top ten in order for India to be successful on these tours.

Anyone taking 20 wickets in a series will put them in top ten, question is will they take  20 wickets?

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I am not about now, starting from SA they play all match overseas only.By end of Australian tour they need to have couple of fast bowlers in top ten in order for India to be successful on these tours.

Anyone taking 20 wickets in a series will put them in top ten, question is will they take  20 wickets?

If Bhuvi plays all 3 tests, I expect at least 14 wickets from him, and hopefully one of those tests being a MoM type performance.   

Yes, I know its a bit of an optimistic expectation.  But, kya karein, hum Phan hi.  

On a more realistic note,  I think if India is going to win the series, like I'm hoping they will, it will be more of a group effort rather than individual brilliance, and the wickets will be distributed across the bowlers.  I expect our pacers to get 40+ wickets in the series, but wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up with low double digits.  

49 minutes ago, sandeep said:

If Bhuvi plays all 3 tests, I expect at least 14 wickets from him, and hopefully one of those tests being a MoM type performance.   

Yes, I know its a bit of an optimistic expectation.  But, kya karein, hum Phan hi.  

On a more realistic note,  I think if India is going to win the series, like I'm hoping they will, it will be more of a group effort rather than individual brilliance, and the wickets will be distributed across the bowlers.  I expect our pacers to get 40+ wickets in the series, but wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up with low double digits.  

I am also talking about group effort, like you are seeing in Ashes by Aussies.Each of them have to take at least 15 plus wickets in three tests.

Ishant reached 15 plus wickets three times and Yadav once, Bhuvi once but he was shot after three innings in England.Shami did it once but he is rarely fit to play all tests in a series. I don't know why people all of sudden are expecting these guys to turn it on and win them series in SA.

Bhuvi I have hope that he will take some wickets but I don't see Shami staying fit to do much nor Ishant.Bumrah is unknown.Pandya has not shown anything yet.

If Ashwin batting was okay for no 6 I will take my chances with Ashwin and Jadeja both playing as I have no confidence in these fast bowlers.

Shami will get there. What many people don't realize is that bowlers don't get all the points for the wickets taken unless they reach 100 wickets. (they only get around 70% of the points or so if I remember correctly). Hence, if Shami keeps on picking wickets, only a matter of time before he reaches around 750 rating points needed to get around the top 10 mark. He is already on 95 wickets, so he will get a major lift in rating points once he completes 100 wickets. Same thing happened with Jadeja and more recently with Rabada.

11 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Take wickets.

Thanks! In case of India three frontline pacers are about the same so they will share wickets. Maybe they need to improve the formula. Scoring runs for batsman is a valid formula but taking wickets is not so precise.

After 1st test against SA:

Bhuvi jumps from 30th to 22nd. 600 rating points for the first time. 

Shami is on 19th position with 649 points. by the end of South Africa series, hopefully, at least one of them should in the top 10.