How good our swing bowling is?

vvvslaxman

We have decent set of seamers. But are they good enough to exploit perfect swinging conditions? None of them are out and out swing bowlers like Zaheer, RP Singh. Even Nedra, Balaji, Sreessnth were good swing bowlers not to mention Irfan. Bhuvi is okay but even he is not like them. Too bad Sandeep Sharma never got anywhere an excellent bowler when there is on offer. Otherwise crap. This will be a factor in places like En*land, SA, even OZ.

23 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

bhuvi got 1 wcket in 10 overs .....even that wicket was played-on...hahah pathetic

That is my point. They are not exactly the kind of bowlers who would go pitter patter , rev up destroy lines up when there is something on offer. RP singh was unplayable in world T20. Same with Nehra apart from the WC2003 final. He was so good even on those drop-in pitches where batting was really hard. I am not sure our current bowling line up can run through line ups in helpful conditions. 

Shami is a different kind of breed. Rare one. He  has the potential to take pitch out of equation. We rarely had such bowlers. So i won't blame him much. But others have to step up in helpful conditions. This is just going on silently for a while. India has to keep searching for good bowlers. Hit the deck bowlers, steady line and length bowlers, good death bowlers we have all of them. But none of them are going to be that much useful in conditions where ball is seaming around