Reports: India want four more fast bowlers to accompany the team to South Africa

Now, the Indian team management has asked the BCCI for four more pacers to assist the Indian batsmen in the nets. According to reports, the team management has identified four young pacers, Mohammed Siraj, Basil Thampi, Navdeep Saini and Avesh Khan to travel with Virat Kohli and co.

According to the same reports, sources close to BCCI revealed that the request has been made by the team management keeping in mind the workload of the pacers in the actual squad. Adding to this, the youngsters will also learn a lot by travelling with the team, something that will come in handy whenever get the nod.

"It will serve a double purpose. The young pacers will learn a lot by travelling with the team and bowling to international batsmen. It will also reduce the workload of our pacers in the nets. The request is to keep them for at least three weeks," the source told.

Link- https://www.sportskeeda.com/cricket/reports-india-want-four-more-fast-bowlers-accompany-team-south-africa?ref=nv

Not sure how true this news is but if it is ..............Mera dil kar rha hai deewar men sar maru khushi ke maare

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

I really dont know. In a perfect world I would look at the data from India A tours (not Ranji) and make a determination. IPL is very good metrics too but overall it is a step in right direction.

Means kaul, unadkat, Dhawal they all did well in IPL, kaul did well on India A tour 

Didnt siraj n thampi did well on India-A

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Means kaul, unadkat, Dhawal they all did well in IPL, kaul did well on India A tour 

Didnt siraj n thampi did well on India-A

There are enough data points for kaul and Unadkat so I would not mind those.

My personal preference would be someone who can bowl three consecutive deliveries at 90 mph. After that everything could be taught but speed is hard to teach control is easy.