Planning For 2023 Home World Cup - The Squad

jalebi_bhai

This group of players peaked in 2013. We have no chance of winning the 2019 wc in England as the slightest bit of swing will demolish our batsmen. At best, we'll choke in another semifinal. 

2023 wc will be at home so it will be a golden chance to win number 3. Here are some players who I think will be in the squad:

Virat Kohli (c)

KL Rahul

Rishabh Pant

Hardik Pandya

Axar Patel

Shubam Gill

Shreyas Iyer

Jasprit Bumrah

Kuldeep Yadav

Washington Sundar

Ishan Porel

We'll definitely need a left arm fast bowler in the squad and maybe another wrist spinner.

It's time to plan for the future guys.

27 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

No. He'll be done by then. 2019 will be his last WC.

Hope that isn’t even the case. If he is just waiting to stabilize his place in the IPL before retiring, he should be gone by mid-2018.

So hopefully Samson is in the ODI scene for WC-2019. Wish Samson has a good IPL this year

Edited by bowl_out
2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Hope that isn’t even the case. If he is just waiting to stabilize his place in the IPL before retiring, he should be gone by mid-2018.

So hopefully Samson is in the ODI scene for WC-2019. Wish Samson has a good IPL this year

I'm certain MS will play the 2019 wc barring injury. After that, he'll be done. The biggest reason is that he is still the leader of this pack in LOIs.

You think Samson could become a mainstay in the team by 2023? He'll be 29 I think by then. Him and Mayank Agarwal are two guys who are supremely talented but I'm not sure about their consistency.

23 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

So let me get this straight. In the other thread, you rule out Pant for 2019 and give him a maybe for 2023 WC. And yet here you are hoping Samson has a good IPL so we can get him in the odi team despite Pant already having done that and Samson is only marginally better than Pant in List A. 

And yet you question my logic? :rotfl:

@express bowling you have watched a lot of domestics. Can you please enlighten on us who is a better wk? Pant or Samson?

Edited by Laaloo
12 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

So let me get this straight. In the other thread, you rule out Pant for 2019 and give him a maybe for 2023 WC. And yet here you are hoping Samson has a good IPL so we can get him in the odi team despite Pant already having done that and Samson is only marginally better than Pant in List A. 

@express bowling you have watched a lot of domestics. Can you please enlighten on us who is a better wk? Pant or Samson?

I still maintain that I'd pick Samson ahead of Pant in ODIs. If DK is out of the way (which he should by now), Samson would be my back-up keeper in ODIs for WC-2019... If he has a good IPL 2018, that just strengthens his case and my point..

Where do you not find logic here? 

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

I still maintain that I'd pick Samson ahead of Pant in ODIs. If DK is out of the way (which he should by now), Samson would be my back-up keeper in ODIs for WC-2019... If he has a good IPL 2018, that just strengthens his case and my point..

Where do you not find logic here? 

I cant find stats in List A but can you please explain why Samson has a s/r of 78 while opening the innings? Pant blows him out of water in this category in all the 3 formats. And Pant is a better WK as well. It's sad that we pissed way all the chances in T20 giving undeserving chances to players like Dhoni!!!!

22 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

A lot of domestic games are not live so difficult to see and samson doesnt keep in many games too

Most times we see only in IPL, were pant or De kock is keeping for DD

But in current form samson is ahead , pant hasnt done much this season be it india-a or domestic 

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I cant find stats in List A but can you please explain why Samson has a s/r of 78 while opening the innings? Pant blows him out of water in this category in all the 3 formats. And Pant is a better WK as well. It's sad that we pissed way all the chances in T20 giving undeserving chances to players like Dhoni!!!!

Dnt take List-A stats to seriously, pandya list-A wasnt good now he is a regular 

I think those are very poorely organized tournament where a team is playing every day , i find the intent missing in that tournament

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
7 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Shaw will open 

ps we can win next World Cup 100%. You lot really are miserable *ers :giggle:

Being absolutely pragmatic, I don't think we have a chance. Current team is too top heavy batting wise. Middle order is absolute chaddi when under pressure. Bowling is alright. Shastri as coach inspires very little confidence.

This team will be brutally exposed in the RSA LOIs series.

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

A lot of domestic games are not live so difficult to see and samson doesnt keep in many games too

Most times we see only in IPL, were pant or De kock is keeping for DD

But in current form samson is ahead , pant hasnt done much this season be it india-a or domestic 

Dnt take List-A stats to seriously, pandya list-A wasnt good now he is a regular 

I think those are very poorely organized tournament where a team is playing every day , i find the intent missing in that tournament

Saw Pant keep on the A-tour to  SA.

He was good.