Indian Coaching staff review

maniac

What does Shastri bring to the table that Kumble didn’t?

I mean yeah there will be a lot of posters having a ball with the responses to that question but what is the point of Shastri really?

What unique skill set does he bring that Kumble didn’t Apart from being a yes man and a chamcha.

What are his special skillsets that will take India to new heights? Can he groom talent,improve technique or devise strategy?

Bharat Arun...Ishant’s slight improvement was credited to Prabhakar who is his Ranji coach...Bhuvi worked on his own to improve his pace.....Shami’s fitnesss is still 50-50,Umesh has regressed,Bumrah has grown to be a world class

bowler despite the no ball problem but his growth has been organic and he has infact credited Bond and Malinga during his stint at MI for his accuracy ...I mean be it Kumble’s staff Or Arun isnt it clear that Bumrah has been figuring stuff out on his own. Is there any improvement in Pandya?

Sridhar- Less said the better...since the advent of IPl or even a couple of years before that Indian ground fielding has been top notch however the slip fielding hits new lows every game these days.

Bangar has been around for some time and some of the batsmen have credited him with helping them with minor adjustments, so I will give him the benefit of doubt as he does seem like he has a good work ethic(solely based on perception)

nothing earth shattering here though.

Is this the best coaching staff one of the richest sporting bodies(all sports included) can afford?

Pathetic

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Well Shastri is probably highest paid coach, so he is definitely what only rich board can afford. 

Has any player in history of cricket has ever credited Shastri with any help?

Sachin tendulkar. Before facing warne in 1997, he sought Ravi's advice for how to play warne's leg breaks pitched in the rough outside leg stump. The results are there for all to see.

18 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Sachin tendulkar. Before facing warne in 1997, he sought Ravi's advice for how to play warne's leg breaks pitched in the rough outside leg stump. The results are there for all to see.

Before the start of day’s play, Tendulkar had gone up to Ravi Shastri asking for a word of advice. As Warne bested Tendulkar in the first innings, the little master wanted to make sure he got the better of the leg-spinner in the second innings. Shastri advised Tendulkar was to go all guns blazing (he probably used the words “tracer bullet” at some point) when Warne came around the wicket. To add to his preparatory work, Tendulkar spent four days in the nets facing former Indian leg-spinner Laxman Sivaramakrishnan. Expecting Warne to come around the wicket, Tendulkar asked Sivaramakrishnan to do the same and bowl in the footmarks. Tendulkar practiced sending the deliveries outside leg stump soaring over the boundary line.

Sounds like Sivaramakrishnan was more help to SRT than Shastri.

Afraid Maniac is being overly optimistic by giving them the mantle of actual coaches. Cheerleader has zero coaching credentials and the rest of his drinking buddies don't inspire much confidence either. 

Its embarrassing the the richest board has a bunch of nobodies pretending to be coaches when the bar should be set much much higher. Not impressed that Kohli actually pushed for and approves of such mediocrity. 

All our young batsman like iyer pandey pant may look hack but are talented.

But there is nobody in the team management to help them improve/inspire or tweak their technique.

Earlier there was sachin for sehwag, ganguly for yuvi...

Now youngsters are left on their own even at the int. level... Apart from nobody is worthy enough to inspire them.

Ravi arun etc. are jokers. Only bangar is doing his job well but he himself was below average.

Wish there was dravid like coach at senior level also.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Sounds like Sivaramakrishnan was more help to SRT than Shastri.

No- this is cheaply diminishing Shastri's role. Shastri said "I'm tall and I could defend those balls, with your height, you need an attacking option" and so then SRT got sivaramakrishnan to bowl at him so he could practice attacking as per Shastri's advice. 

43 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

No- this is cheaply diminishing Shastri's role. Shastri said "I'm tall and I could defend those balls, with your height, you need an attacking option" and so then SRT got sivaramakrishnan to bowl at him so he could practice attacking as per Shastri's advice. 

A Tall batsman has a edge over leg spinner because he will be able to reach the ball before it takes viscous turn.

Anyone will be able to tell you that. What Shashtri said or done is lazy way of saying, I am NOT iNTERESTED. You are a midget. So you cant do much.

Now you can easily read it between the lines that A bowler/coach gets all credit who works with batsman. Laxman gave his time and worked with Tendulkar

When Australia captain Steve Waugh introduced Warne into the attack, Tendulkar did exactly what he had practiced.

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

All our young batsman like iyer pandey pant may look hack but are talented.

But there is nobody in the team management to help them improve/inspire or tweak their technique.

Earlier there was sachin for sehwag, ganguly for yuvi...

Now youngsters are left on their own even at the int. level... Apart from nobody is worthy enough to inspire them.

Ravi arun etc. are jokers. Only bangar is doing his job well but he himself was below average.

Wish there was dravid like coach at senior level also.

Let me just say that you do not need to even play at International level to understand the dynamics of ball, conditions bats fielding etc etc. Look at Bhuvi. His strength training coach Shankar Basu is making him bowl fast.

As far as helping youngsters is concerned, There is Kohli angle to all these. By chucking out Kumble in a dramatic way, He has ensured that Dada doesnt make any decision. And then, he goes on to insult Kumble. No wonder previous greats are thinking twice before coming anywhere near to Indian Team. Sabako apani ijjat pyari hai.

Edited by mishra
4 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Siva prepared SRT for Warne in Chennai, remember watching that in a video.

9 hours ago, maniac said:

What does Shastri bring to the table that Kumble didn’t?

I mean yeah there will be a lot of posters having a ball with the responses to that question but what is the point of Shastri really?

What unique skill set does he bring that Kumble didn’t Apart from being a yes man and a chamcha.

What are his special skillsets that will take India to new heights? Can he groom talent,improve technique or devise strategy?

Bharat Arun...Ishant’s slight improvement was credited to Prabhakar who is his Ranji coach...Bhuvi worked on his own to improve his pace.....Shami’s fitnesss is still 50-50,Umesh has regressed,Bumrah has grown to be a world class

bowler despite the no ball problem but his growth has been organic and he has infact credited Bond and Malinga during his stint at MI for his accuracy ...I mean be it Kumble’s staff Or Arun isnt it clear that Bumrah has been figuring stuff out on his own. Is there any improvement in Pandya?

Sridhar- Less said the better...since the advent of IPl or even a couple of years before that Indian ground fielding has been top notch however the slip fielding hits new lows every game these days.

Bangar has been around for some time and some of the batsmen have credited him with helping them with minor adjustments, so I will give him the benefit of doubt as he does seem like he has a good work ethic(solely based on perception)

nothing earth shattering here though.

Is this the best coaching staff one of the richest sporting bodies(all sports included) can afford?

Pathetic

Very well wrtten post. BCCI instead of giving the job to sifarshis should evaluate evrypostion and hire the right person. Shastri needs to be shown the door.

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Well Shastri is probably highest paid coach, so he is definitely what only rich board can afford. 

Has any player in history of cricket has ever credited Shastri with any help?

Shastri can teach people lifelong lessons. You dont need to be good but need to know the right person to get ahead. That is the first lesson that comes to mind.