India opt out of warm-up game ahead of SA Tests

New guy

As long as rigorous workout is provided to the team in a good seaming track with fast bowlers its good enough. I think they want to make sure there are plenty of backup bowlers to bowl at nets , may be thats why they are asking for 4 more bowlers. Wonder if the net bowlers will be part of touring party, this could be a good option for up coming bowlers like Thambi/Siraj who are some way away from a India cap. 

Just now, Vilander said:

haroon logRat is out. Their t20 wont take off if not for Indian support, are they still at war ? why?

BCCI just delivered payback in the form of wrecking their planned boxing day test - SA was hoping for a Dec through Jan India schedule - with boxing day and new year's tests, maybe 4 tests, 7 ODIs.  Instead they have to settle for a 4 day farce against Zimbabwe.  I don't think they'd be too thrilled with the outcome.  And it will be a while before the 'new' regime at CSA makes peace with the BCCI.

Just now, sandeep said:

BCCI just delivered payback in the form of wrecking their planned boxing day test - SA was hoping for a Dec through Jan India schedule - with boxing day and new year's tests, maybe 4 tests, 7 ODIs.  Instead they have to settle for a 4 day farce against Zimbabwe.  I don't think they'd be too thrilled with the outcome.  And it will be a while before the 'new' regime at CSA makes peace with the BCCI.

this was due payed in interest for the back stabbing at the ICC and logRat issues then..half their working capital was shaved off by logRat for his t20 leage that never took off and lavish flight charges lol, they will need some backing from BCCI, expect them to make peace pretty quickly. 

But in terms of cricket, their team will probably give a good hiding in the first game, but i see Indian lads doing well in the series overall.

but this is money well spent, already SL are looking a better side for having been invited to this series, and SL deserves the money and the chances as they had Indias back.  Liking Lakmal and new SL players..opportunity well spent but yeah we can not have it all. Will have to face a tough first test in SA.

1 hour ago, renjith said:

This might turn out as a good decision. Smulated net sessions can be more productive than playing against avg bowlers on flat decks which is kind of guaranteed by csa.

I agree.

I have found good returns from good batting sesssions in the nets.

in the matches , normally only few players benefit, other end up only fielding the whole day..from a team perspective, well managed nets where all batsman and bowlers get to pad up and bowlers get good enough opportunities to stretch and get into full rhythm.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

This could be the reason 

why have tour games at all then if they feel the home team will not provide you with ideal conditions? why are england playing 4-5 tour games in the ashes? not only is this not right but they should have played 2 practice games.Our batsmen are  not ready AT ALL.Dhawan the hack is set to open,Kohli wont play any cricket for a month too,Rahul is injured and needs match practice.

2 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Guys we are not winning this series. In-fact, I would be surprised if we win any of the matches. You simply don't turn up to SA without any practice what so ever and expect a series win. Our players cant handle Suranga Lakmal when the ball move an inch, what chances they would have against Rabada, Steyn, Philander and Morkel anyway?

the ball moved more than an inch. Come on now. Did you watch the match yesterday? It was crazy movement. And most of those players wont play in the test team anyways. Now you're just being pessimistic like fineleg. Sorry if I offended you.