Excellent analysis by sanju manju!!

10 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

manju article-  www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21743273/why-shami-yadav-need-change-their-line

thats the reason why indian bowlers struggle overseas.

Its overly simplistic to say "attack the stumps".    When you do that, you also open up more scoring opportunities for the batsmen, especially in batting friendly conditions.   You need specialized skills in order to "attack the stumps", i.e. an ability to move the ball into the batsmen at an uncomfortable pace and length.  SanjuManju cites Bhuvi's example - but Bhuvi has the ability to bowl arguably, the best, and most well-disguised, in-swinger in Cricket.  If it were so easy, everybody would do it. 

I would love to see a properly researched, data-driven in-depth piece on this by the likes of Jarrod Kimber or someone like him.   Remember Jarrod's piece on yorkers, and how he blew to smithereens the favorite cliche of commentators everywhere - "why aren't these brainless bowlers bowling more yorkers"?   

Edited by sandeep
9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its overly simplistic to say "attack the stumps".    When you do that, you also open up more scoring opportunities for the batsmen, especially in batting friendly conditions.   You need specialized skills in order to "attack the stumps", i.e. an ability to move the ball into the batsmen at an uncomfortable pace and length.  SanjuManju cites Bhuvi's example - but Bhuvi has the ability to bowl arguably, the best, and most well-disguised, in-swinger in Cricket.  If it were so easy, everybody would do it. 

I would love to see a properly researched, data-driven in-depth piece on this by the likes of Jarrod Kimber or someone like him.   Remember Jarrod's piece on yorkers, and how he blew to smithereens the favorite cliche of commentators everywhere - "why aren't these brainless bowlers bowling more yorkers"?   

Yeah Jarrod Kimber is a better analyst than a guy who played test cricket and did well against 2 very good pace attacks....him typing with his pale white fingers fooling you?

anyway it was a well done analysis...Manjrekar can be overbearing with his pessimism at times and rightfully gets criticized but he is a pretty good analyst. As I have said many times before here Gavaskar is another one who gets attacked and again rightfully for some quirks like supporting Mumbai players or having a stats fetish  but he knows a thing or two

about cricket...ever listen to his analysis? It’s pretty good but then again you were busy making  statements filled with bravado like Anderson is a phattu bowler or we will Smack Philander like a little bitch etc 

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Yeah Jarrod Kimber is a better analyst than a guy who played test cricket and did well against 2 very good pace attacks....him typing with his pale white fingers fooling you?

anyway it was a well done analysis...Manjrekar can be overbearing with his pessimism at times and rightfully gets criticized but he is a pretty good analyst. As I have said many times before here Gavaskar is another one who gets attacked and again rightfully for some quirks like supporting Mumbai players or having a stats fetish  but he knows a thing or two

about cricket...ever listen to his analysis? It’s pretty good but then again you were busy making  statements filled with bravado like Anderson is a phattu bowler or we will Smack Philander like a little bitch etc 

Lol.  Don't get so worked up because I disagreed with your idol there, froggy.   

1 hour ago, maniac said:

you were busy making  statements filled with bravado like Anderson is a phattu bowler or we will Smack Philander like a little bitch etc

Stop.  Making.  up.  trash.  And attributing it to me.  Find one post where I claimed that we will "smack philander like a little bitch", or that Anderson is a phattu bowler.   Find it and quote it, or apologize.  

Edited by sandeep
24 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Stop.  Making.  up.  trash.  And attributing it to me.  Find one post where I claimed that we will "smack philander like a little bitch".   Find it and quote it, or apologize.  

I found the whole exchange about Anderson and Philander hilarious :phehe:

20 minutes ago, beetle said:

Language guys....mind the language.

Lying and falsely attributing trash is worse than cursing.    And this is not the first time Manju-niac has done this.   How about addressing the root cause of the problem?   I put up with Manju-niac's nonsense quite a bit, because you do have to account for reading and comprehension disabilities, and should be nice to such folks.  But such lies cannot be tolerated unchallenged.  Mods have as much responsibility to police such garbage, as they do "language". 

33 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Stop.  Making.  up.  trash.  And attributing it to me.  Find one post where I claimed that we will "smack philander like a little bitch".   Find it and quote it, or apologize.  

Not verbatim but in essence...there is a reason why you are known as Bharat Sipahi Sandeep :giggle:

but like a black rapper who makes his dough from rapping about racism and ends up

marrying a hot white chick...you picked some no name timber Kimber over Manju :no:

Edited by maniac
3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Trust an idiot of your calibre to interpret the "essence" of gobar on smelling roses.  Some unique translation ability you have there froggy.  

Alright alright I will take the high road...you seem to be in a fit of rage :nervous:

Anyway I hate the whole I told you so childish banter but I will privately  msg the next acts of online pseudo patriotic bravado...deal!!!

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Lying and falsely attributing trash is worse than cursing.    And this is not the first time Manju-niac has done this.   How about addressing the root cause of the problem?   I put up with Manju-niac's nonsense quite a bit, because you do have to account for reading and comprehension disabilities, and should be nice to such folks.  But such lies cannot be tolerated unchallenged.  Mods have as much responsibility to police such garbage, as they do "language". 

Using abusive language against fellow posters is against forum rules.

You can argue without the abuse.

Call that duffer Manju analysis as excellent at your own risk, not long a go this duffer has said  dhawan has tightened up his technique and he was seen struggling like a hack in 1st odi,he was constantly taunting bhuvi in zim 2015 for increasing his pace and look what bhuvi has become with that increased pace.

On article, its simple pace without accuracy and accuracy without pace is of zero value in cricket, not hard to understand it and if he has taken this long to understand the simple fact  or seeking harshas help to understand it then I can only laugh on that idiot.

18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Trust an idiot of your calibre to interpret the "essence" of gobar on smelling roses.  Some unique translation ability you have there froggy.  

Chill, why are you in so much rage?? Maniac is one of the best posters here, with both humour and cricketing knowledge, abusing him like this is not worthy, if you really want to frustrate him then call Rohit a fatty opener or a maggie man and then see.:laugh1:

Edited by speedheat
Just now, speedheat said:

Chill, why are you in so much rage?? Maniac is one of the best poster here, with both humour and cricketing knowledge, abusing him like this is not worthy, if you really want to frustrate him then call Rohit a fatty opener or a maggie man and then see.:laugh1:

I wanted to give you half a like because don’t like the last sentence :mad:

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Alright alright I will take the high road...you seem to be in a fit of rage :nervous:

Anyway I hate the whole I told you so childish banter but I will privately  msg the next acts of online pseudo patriotic bravado...deal!!!

High road?  Stop kissing my ass and spamming me in messages, while continuing to leak trash on this thread.   You made stuff up and attributed it to me.   I have no problems with banter and disagreement, even fiesty ones.   But this kind of garbage will be called out.  

@beetle fair point about language, acknowledged.  

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Chill, why are you in so much rage?? Maniac is one of the best posters here, with both humour and cricketing knowledge, abusing him like this is not worthy, if you really want to frustrate him then call Rohit a fatty opener or a maggie man and then see.:laugh1:

I'm not in "rage".  But this is not the first time Manju-niac has cooked up ridiculous strawmen as things supposedly I said.   If tomorrow, some pathetic poster keeps claiming repeatedly, that you want to see Stuart Binny and Vinay Kumar opening the bowling for India in SA ahead of Shami etc;  At some point, its going to irritate you.  

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

High road?  Stop kissing my ass and spamming me in messages, while continuing to leak trash on this thread.   You made stuff up and attributed it to me.   I have no problems with banter and disagreement, even fiesty ones.   But this kind of garbage will be called out.  

@beetle fair point about language, acknowledged.  

Ok...,you seem to be hyper sensitive guy and took it personally....so here  you go....Keeping in mind all the cyber bullying stuff we hear about these days,I hereby apologize for slightly exaggerating or if it makes you feel better largely exaggerating what I said about the “essence”

of some of your well thought out and well constructed posts.

So for that I offer you a heartfelt apology and some ICF$$$...mods what is the process for this now?

Please accept my cyber apology on an online forum and also some cyber flowers. :flowers:

Now GTFO

Edited by maniac