Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trichromatic

First 101 innings - 33 sixes, next 87 innings - 175 sixes

Recommended Posts

Most sixes in last 5 years

 

Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
RG Sharma (INDIA) 2013-2018 83 82 10 4272 264 59.33 4471 95.54 16 17 4 398 145
AB de Villiers (SA) 2013-2018 85 81 16 3897 176 59.95 3385 115.12 11 20 1 320 110
EJG Morgan (ENG) 2013-2018 104 97 6 3322 124* 36.50 3639 91.28 7 20 8 273 103
MJ Guptill (NZ) 2013-2018 84 83 8 3421 237* 45.61 3832 89.27 9 17 7 359 98
JC Buttler (ENG) 2013-2018 101 87 20 3028 129 45.19 2595 116.68 6 18 7 260 87
AJ Finch (AUS) 2013-2018 86 82 1 3256 148 40.19 3575 91.07 11 18 8 337 76
V Kohli (INDIA) 2013-2018 101 96 20 5285 160* 69.53 5421 97.49 21 24 5 484 76
Mohammad Hafeez (PAK) 2013-2018 79 78 8 2917 140* 41.67 3519 82.89 6 18 4 268 67
CH Gayle (WI) 2013-2018 32 32 0 903 215 28.21 896 100.78 2 3 3 60 65
MS Dhoni (INDIA) 2013-2018 93 72 21 2609 139* 51.15 2929 89.07 2 19 1 205 63
GJ Maxwell (AUS) 2013-2018 71 62 4 1918 102 33.06 1573 121.93 1 14 7 193 62
DA Miller (SA) 2013-2018 81 72 21 2007 138* 39.35 1992 100.75 4 6 6 149 60

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, WeStMiDz said:

Should be dropped. Offers nothing to the team. One of the worst batsmen India has ever produced. 

Good way to troll the trollers of the forum!!! :phehe:

 

 

Unfortunately, there are some posters out here on ICF ( that you may not have seen ) but will find ways to troll no matter what!

Share this post


Link to post

Good stat but sixes don't matter alot in end. Maybe yes in t20s and to some extent in odis. But yeah thing to appreciate about him is he is able to avg 60 with such risky batting and hitting sixes every now & then.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nikola said:

Good stat but sixes don't matter alot in end. Maybe yes in t20s and to some extent in odis. But yeah thing to appreciate about him is he is able to avg 60 with such risky batting and hitting sixes every now & then.

His sixes are mega sixes usually.  His acceleration is very much needed since we don't have that many reliable late order accelerators now. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

His sixes are mega sixes usually.  His acceleration is very much needed since we don't have that many reliable late order accelerators now. 

Agree it's needed specially when we need to score big (330-350+) and even kohli don't have gears like him so other than him we don't have someone who can score quickly at any stage of cricket. KL Rahul can be tried but idk if he will do good at #4 in odis.

Share this post


Link to post

Before his 32nd bday and entering WC2019, his stats may read like

200 inn 8500 runs, avg ~50, strike rate 90 25 100s. Thats insane even if you ignore initial 6 years failure.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Before his 32nd bday and entering WC2019, his stats may read like

200 inn 8500 runs, avg ~50, strike rate 90 25 100s. Thats insane even if you ignore initial 6 years failure.

12 games(ODI) to go (Aus - 3; NZ -5 and again Aus - 5) . bit of a reach but sure lets see.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

12 games(ODI) to go (Aus - 3; NZ -5 and again Aus - 5) . bit of a reach but sure lets see.

And there is 3 odi home series against zim bwfore IPL I guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2018 at 2:00 AM, WeStMiDz said:

Should be dropped. Offers nothing to the team. One of the worst batsmen India has ever produced. 

Ya and replace him with winning mentality  players who has recently  won a major  trophy. 

Share this post


Link to post

Some people were laughing when I said Rohit Sharma is all ready better than any Indian opener bar Sachin and is on his way of becoming ATG opener. What he and Kohli are doing look easy but it is not easy to have those numbers.

Edited by putrevus

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Some people were laughing when I said Rohit Sharma is all ready better than any Indian opener bar Sachin and is on his way of becoming ATG opener. What he and Kohli are doing look easy but it is not easy to have those numbers.

No he is not .don't get fooled by this era of flat tracks ,small boundaries,2 new ball ,low quality bowlers .ambrose,walsh,mcgrath,bracken,vaas,akram,Donald,pollock,bond type of bowlers will eat rohit for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.rohit is poor against left arm pacers and he is lucky to not have faced much of them in his career.

Rohit is a great in this era but he will clearly struggle in even a bit of difficult condition and against good attack as he clearly showed in saf. 

And you will be the first one here to jump on his failures when he will in such conditions 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

No he is not .don't get fooled by this era of flat tracks ,small boundaries,2 new ball ,low quality bowlers .ambrose,walsh,mcgrath,bracken,vaas,akram,Donald,pollock,bond type of bowlers will eat rohit for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.rohit is poor against left arm pacers and he is lucky to not have faced much of them in his career.

Rohit is a great in this era but he will clearly struggle in even a bit of difficult condition and against good attack as he clearly showed in saf. 

And you will be the first one here to jump on his failures when he will in such conditions 

I don't think so he is very good in odis and he will do well against any bowler in any era. What are you talking he scored a hundred in SAF in last series. 

 

He will struggle against swing but which opener in history did not struggle against swing, Adam Gilchrist, Sanath Jayasurya, or you name any opener other than Sachin.He is better than all those people.

 

Yes he took a long time to get his bearing right but once he became an opener he has become a beast and I don't think he is afraid of pace and bounce.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think so he is very good in odis and he will do well against any bowler in any era. What are you talking he scored a hundred in SAF in last series. 

 

He will struggle against swing but which opener in history did not struggle against swing, Adam Gilchrist, Sanath Jayasurya, or you name any opener other than Sachin.He is better than all those people.

 

Yes he took a long time to get his bearing right but once he became an opener he has become a beast and I don't think he is afraid of pace and bounce.

He is very good against pace and bounce no denying but he just doesn't have the technique or foot movement to counter against seam movement or seam (same for many batsmen).He is better than gilchrist and jayasurya but even they are not ATG as pure odi batsmen (they were ATG total package )

he is a great odi player in this era but not an ATG for me ,just my opinion .

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

He is very good against pace and bounce no denying but he just doesn't have the technique or foot movement to counter against seam movement or seam (same for many batsmen).He is better than gilchrist and jayasurya but even they are not ATG as pure odi batsmen (they were ATG total package )

he is a great odi player in this era but not an ATG for me ,just my opinion .

Did Jayasurya or Gilichrist have any techniques.They did very well against all those bowlers you mentioned, don't overrate bowlers of other generations. If they bowled in this era their figures would have been different too. Rohit is one of best odi openers ever to have played this game. I am not taking about his test batting don't mix both of them. 

 

I don't see any other odi opener who has his ability to play big innings and who has his ability to change gears. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Did Jayasurya or Gilichrist have any techniques.They did very well against all those bowlers you mentioned, don't overrate bowlers of other generations. If they bowled in this era their figures would have been different too. Rohit is one of best odi openers ever to have played this game. I am not taking about his test batting don't mix both of them. 

 

I don't see any other odi opener who has his ability to play big innings and who has his ability to change gears. 

No they didn't do well against those bowlers ,it's your wrong perceptions ,check their records against those bowlers .

Let's agree to disagree ,for me rohit is not an ATG in odis 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

No they didn't do well against those bowlers ,it's your wrong perceptions ,check their records against those bowlers .

Let's agree to disagree ,for me rohit is not an ATG in odis 

Search youtube videos on what Wasim and Waqar have said about Jayasurya. They don't have average high or score every match against those bowlers to be called great. If that is the case we can analyse even one of the greatest batsmen like Sachin and find loopholes.

 

Other than those two I don't see anyone else who can be called great odi openers from 1990s to 2000s.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Adi BB said:

He is very good against pace and bounce no denying but he just doesn't have the technique or foot movement to counter against seam movement or seam (same for many batsmen).He is better than gilchrist and jayasurya but even they are not ATG as pure odi batsmen (they were ATG total package )

he is a great odi player in this era but not an ATG for me ,just my opinion .

Lol at people hyping old era batsman as they had great technique against swing and were able to play any bowler. See their stats against same bowler you mentioned in other post and they will have pathetic avg against them. Even sachin's avg against ATG bowler isn't great so stop calling him ATG batsman? Also if current era batsman are getting easy pitches then same apply to kohli who has creamed many soft runs in limited over cricket so stop calling him limited over ATG as well?

Share this post


Link to post

If Kohli is an ATG then Rohit is not far behind in ODIs, he has improved his consistency a lot. He has over taken Dhawan a country mile.He is the best opener among current players and I don't see any other opener in history other than Sachin coming close to what this guy has already achieved. 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Search youtube videos on what Wasim and Waqar have said about Jayasurya. They don't have average high or score every match against those bowlers to be called great. If that is the case we can analyse even one of the greatest batsmen like Sachin and find loopholes.

 

Other than those two I don't see anyone else who can be called great odi openers from 1990s to 2000s.

Jayasurya's dismissal in odis.

image.png.9dfdc675b9ef4df25dcbd70bc5344670.png

Edited by Nikola

Share this post


Link to post

When you look at Rohit and Kohli. It feels like how it was with dravid and Sachin in tests.  Rohit clearly is an all time great bat for India but just not the greatest in his time..lol what an irony for him. Its like Mark waugh being told that he is not even the best batsman from his house/family.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

How good was Afridi's six hitting rate during his batting prime?

Aya ram gya ram, at best he will get 2 properly but 3rd one is bound to be a miscue.

Edited by SUMO

Share this post


Link to post
No he is not .don't get fooled by this era of flat tracks ,small boundaries,2 new ball ,low quality bowlers .ambrose,walsh,mcgrath,bracken,vaas,akram,Donald,pollock,bond type of bowlers will eat rohit for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.rohit is poor against left arm pacers and he is lucky to not have faced much of them in his career.
Rohit is a great in this era but he will clearly struggle in even a bit of difficult condition and against good attack as he clearly showed in saf. 
And you will be the first one here to jump on his failures when he will in such conditions 

You still think he is not ATG , he will tonk all the bowlers you mentioned. Which batsman doesn’t have weaknesses.

You think Sachin didn’t have trouble against lefties who could bring ball back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Most ODI sixes

 

Most sixes
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
Shahid Afridi (Asia/ICC/PAK) 1996-2015 398 369 27 8064 124 23.57 6892 117.00 6 39 30 730 351
CH Gayle (ICC/WI) 1999-2018 284 279 17 9727 215 37.12 11333 85.82 23 49 24 1073 275
ST Jayasuriya (Asia/SL) 1989-2011 445 433 18 13430 189 32.36 14725 91.20 28 68 34 1500 270
MS Dhoni (Asia/INDIA) 2004-2019 333 282 78 10224 183* 50.11 11670 87.60 10 68 9 787 219
RG Sharma (INDIA) 2007-2019 194 188 31 7587 264 48.32 8535 88.89 22 37 12 665 208
AB de Villiers (Afr/SA) 2005-2018 228 218 39 9577 176 53.50 9473 101.09 25 53 7 840 204
BB McCullum (NZ) 2002-2016 260 228 28 6083 166 30.41 6312 96.37 5 32 20 577 200

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×