Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

Excellent first spell  by Saini .... bowling his 9th over now

Has consistently bowled  on or around the off-stump and bowling at good speeds even while bowling such a long spell

Has got seam movement both ways and some swing too.

Bowled quite a few sizzling bouncers 

Has picked up 2 wickets in the morning and  an easy catch was dropped 

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

143 K

142 K

bowling last spell of the day at 4.21 p.m and not fully fit

The 143 k good-length  ball rose viciously and almost knocked over the keeper

The 142 k short ball was top edged and an easy catch dropped

Loving the way Saini is putting in effort and is not out of steam despite of strain..but  I have real concern about his injury .shouldnt him be removed from the attack?

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Loving the way Saini is putting in effort and is not out of steam despite of strain..but  I have real concern about his injury .shouldnt him be removed from the attack?

Thankfully, this time he has been removed after a 4-over spell.  As he is clocking high speeds still, I am hoping his injury is not serious.

His ability to combine pace and bounce with accuracy and seam movement,  spell after spell , is really impressing me.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Has anyone seen Saini bowl in a 50-over game ?

He is so accurate that he should do ok.

His List A stats  .....  23 wickets from 13 matches @ 26.8  and ER of 5.05 ..... quite good.

We need a wicket-taker in ODIs in the first 10 overs, as Shami is mostly rested.   Can he be this bowler  ?

Why are you only focusing on ODIs? Is he not good enough for tests?

1 hour ago, lamellavig said:

Why are you only focusing on ODIs? Is he not good enough for tests?

He is a better test prospect than ODI prospect. If you read the OP and some subsequent posts, you will see that I discussed his suitability for immediate inclusion in our test squad.

As he has been a part of our A-team for Unofficial tests in the last 2 series we played, he is already in the reckoning for a test berth.

But, he is not a part of our 50-over A-team despite being accurate and having good List A numbers. So, I raised the ODI issue.

Saini has been very impressive the little that I watched of him. Seems to get good bounce and bowls in the right areas with good pace. I think he along with Gurbani should be fast-tracked into the India setup. There is no point in hoping endlessly that Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma will suddenly start delivering when we have such promising players waiting in the wings. I hope he would have been selected for SA. Selectors are such a useless bunch always only making supposedly "safe" picks by playing "same old, same old".

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Feel is being very over hyped on icf 

lad could be good . But way being talked about is like new Marshall 

Agreed, and ICF-ers do it all the time :)

Getting too excited and carried away, Siraj is one recent example and many others over the years. Saini is good  and kudos to GG for fighting for Saini in ranji team, but not that 'terrific', long way to go still - could not knock over #6 to #10 of Vidarbha itself , yet. So, intl teams are different level.

Edited by fineleg
40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is a tad difficult to do that when a bowler is injured and not bowling for the most part of 2 sessions     

He came back and bowled some overs and at decent pace and still no wicket then too. I do like Saini, just talking abt the over-hype at ICF that KT referred to above.

Edited by fineleg
14 minutes ago, fineleg said:

He came back and bowled some overs and at decent pace and still no wicket then too.  

1 + 1  + 4 overs  in the last 2 sessions

Had to be removed twice after just 1 over each due to the niggle he was feeling

Basically just one spell of 4 overs in which one of the dolliest of catches was dropped off his bowling and there were numerous plays and misses.

I do like Saini, just talking abt the over-hype at ICF 

This is a cricket forum ..... present for the very purpose of discussing various cricketers in great detail 

Not every prospect will succeed in international cricket  but that does not mean their domestic performances won't be liked.