Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

All said and done - the reality is , it is REAL TOUGH to get into Indian Test squad due to the policy of picking known players especially for Tests. Having said that - the only way Saini can force selection - do very well in the Ranji Finals - the Finals is "more visible event", and continue to do well in A-series and such opportunities. Only the weight of wickets can force the selection to squad. Esp. now Bumrah is also part of the Test squad, so limited openings.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And two of the wicket balls were 140 and 144k

Strangely he is releasing the ball with split fingers. Might be helping him for natural inswing but hindering him to get out swing.

I think he can increase the speed a bit with conventional finger release.

Already exciting prospect and huge scope to learn further.

52 minutes ago, SUMO said:

Strangely he is releasing the ball with split fingers. Might be helping him for natural inswing but hindering him to get out swing.

I think he can increase the speed a bit with conventional finger release.

Already exciting prospect and huge scope to learn further.

most bowlers bowl with split fingers.  It has nothing to do with swing or outswing.  it gives better control.  Aaron bowls with fingers together and he has no control whatsoever.  Navdeep bowls differently to get swing. he used to swing miles 2-3 years back when i saw him for the first time. he was mostly an inswing bowler before but gets the ball to move away with change in action.  Manoj Tiwary's dismissal was an example.

Seriously don't get why this lad Saini is not in the Indian team tour to SA. He should be picked right away. We pick run leaking machine 30 year old perennially future potential but never current performance Umesh Yadav, who even gets out-bowled by his state team-mate and we don't pick this guy who is bowling so incredibly well.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/5894/navdeep-sainis-devastating-4-wicket-haul

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/series/delhi-enter-final-with-huge-win/2001606609

Highlights of Delhi bowling from 8.00

Hitting the top of off stump at high pace with seam movement both ways ,  punctuated by good bouncers , even on a flat track.  This is like perfect test match bowling which not many international pacers can execute.

I would keep a keen eye on Saini in the Ranji final  to see if he can replicate it.... or the semi-final was an aberration.

If he can, he should be playing in SA, forgetting protocol.

This is the type of bowling that gets loads of wickets in test matches.

Edited by express bowling