Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

4 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i think if saini can bowl at 144k most often and the way he bowled against Bengal ..he definitely is ahead of Siraj/thampi/ankit and avesh but can he sustain this red hot form that he showed with many balls higher than 140K and bowled at the pace of Shammi..shammi bowled 134 to 143k where as he bowled 130 to 145K and in the right line n length..i expect shammi to be a bit relaxed.

secondly i liked some of the short bowling that khejroliya did but was surprised to see the pace meter showing 134K...i thot those balls were 140k+...he beat many batsman on bouncers and short balls ...

He bowled short and that’s why the speed gun was showing a lower speed

Saini is certainly knocking at the doors if not selected it will be huge disappoint ment on selectors part.He reminds me of a Dale Steyn bowling with pace clocked 144k today which is clearly 147-148 k on loi speedguns...Selectors should take note of this ..this can be era defining moment for India ....a good pool of genuine fast bowlers who can make India one of the greatest when unleashed I pray selectors notice this lot of fast bowlers
That is very good pace, with proper training at Nca and we are looking at a 150kph bowler.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

If I was a selector , I am picking Yadav for SA tour for sure. I don't think selection for SA in my view is wrong.Just saw highlights of Saini and I will still pick Yadav. if the ball does not swing what will Saini do what are his other weapons, I don't think he has more pace than Yadav.

Is it SG ball they are using or Kookaburra.

If Saini whose odd ball touched 144 is genuine pace what is pace of Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood called.
He is not a swing bowler, he is more of a seam bowler who seams it both way with the ability to cut the ball of seam and reverse it, a very handy attribute if you ask me.

If I was a selector , I am picking Yadav for SA tour for sure. I don't think selection for SA in my view is wrong.Just saw highlights of Saini and I will still pick Yadav. if the ball does not swing what will Saini do what are his other weapons, I don't think he has more pace than Yadav.

Is it SG ball they are using or Kookaburra.

If Saini whose odd ball touched 144 is genuine pace what is pace of Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood called.

Bhai Indian domestic speed guns are atleast 3-5 kph slower, which is 147-149 kph that is the top speed of both Cummins and even Hazelwood has to put real effort to achieve that pace only Starc bowls more quick.

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I really like his celebration....he celebrates like a champion....and according to SHoiab Akthar, it is very important...

By looking at the highlights, it's very hard to evaluate his whole performance....but manoj tiwary's wicket was top class

it was a fine dismissal. bowled very well throughout

5 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

He is not a swing bowler, he is more of a seam bowler who seams it both way with the ability to cut the ball of seam and reverse it, a very handy attribute if you ask me.

I like seam bowlers more than conventional swing bowlers

a)  Because they can land the ball with more accuracy

b)  There are far more seam conduce pitches available these days  than conventional swing conducive conditions.

c) They get more bounce 

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, speedheat said:

His 4 wicket haul yesterday had enough spark to be selected in team, but he is not as quick as umesh or aron, we have  lots of these 140k to 145k pacers but not a single one can clock 145+, I need someone in the range of of 145 to 150 with proper control.

Speedbhai .... I think Navdeep may bowl a few deliveries in the high 140s if measured in international matches     : )

I like seam bowlers more than conventional swing bowlers

a)  Because they can land the ball with more accuracy

b)  There are far more seam conduce pitches available these days  than conventional swing conducive conditions.

Which is why I said its a very fine attribute to have and something very important to have, during 2003-2011 phase teams use to diss pitches with more swing, it was the emergence of zaheer, an emerging shree, rp, irfan, balaji and our batting unit that helped us, then after 2011 wc England realize that to beat India they need better seam bowlers than swinging pitches coz that brings our bowlers into play with pitches which help hit the deck kind of bowlers, that is why that 8-0 blip even during 13-14 overseas cycle we didn't had hit the deck seam bowlers, as Shami was new and bhuvi was slow,with the emergence of bumrah as well as saini and guys waiting in the wing I have high hopes if they play they will make difference

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Which is why I said its a very fine attribute to have and something very important to have, during 2003-2011 phase teams use to diss pitches with more swing, it was the emergence of zaheer, an emerging shree, rp, irfan, balaji and our batting unit that helped us, then after 2011 wc England realize that to beat India they need better seam bowlers than swinging pitches coz that brings our bowlers into play with pitches which help hit the deck kind of bowlers, that is why that 8-0 blip even during 13-14 overseas cycle we didn't had hit the deck seam bowlers, as Shami was new and bhuvi was slow,with the emergence of bumrah as well as saini and guys waiting in the wing I have high hopes if they play they will make difference

Yes .... we have 3 international seam bowlers now in Shami , Bumrah and Ishant  .... and Saini, Avesh and Porel waiting in the wings

Umesh, Bhuvi, Shardul and Thampi are swing bowlers

Siraj can perhaps be classified as both 

Shami , Umesh , Saini and Thampi are good at reverse swing 

All bases are covered now 

Yes .... we have 3 international seam bowlers now in Shami , Bumrah and Ishant  .... and Saini, Avesh and Porel waiting in the wings

Not yet we still need a couple of left armers to add variety.

6 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Not yet we still need a couple of left armers to add variety.

WI of 1975 to 1985 and Australia of 1994 to 2007 did not have a single left armer. Same with the quality SA pace attacks of the 1990s and 2010s.

I don't think it is a necessity if the quality of the pacers are good.

Edited by express bowling

WI of 1975 to 1985 and Australia of 1994 to 2007 did not have a single left armer. Same with the quality SA pace attacks of the 1990s and 2010s.

I don't think it is a necessity if the quality of the pacers are good.
But extra option main Kya jata hai, sangwan, aniket chaudhary, another name

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

add nathu and varun aroon too and these guys should be rotated and kept fresh..already selectors are keeping different set of pacers for odi and tests..it keeps them high on energy and hungry for success.

6 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

But extra option main Kya jata hai, sangwan, aniket chaudhary, another name

Sangwan was banned for using banned substance a few years back.  Not sure he would ever be picked for India 

Aniket C .... I wanted to try him vs Bangladesh in the 2017 test .... but he is out of the A-team now and perhaps out of contention for the time being

But, you have got your wish .... Unadkat is back    :p:

Sangwan was banned for using banned substance a few years back.  Not sure he would ever be picked for India 

Aniket C .... I wanted to try him vs Bangladesh in the 2017 test .... but he is out of the A-team now and perhaps out of contention for the time being

But, you have got your wish .... Unadkat is back    :p:
Puke

4 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

What about chama milind and mohsin sayed.

Milind was bowling disappointing speeds of 122 k to 136 k last Ranji season. No Hyderabad match was televised / streamed this year.

Sayyed did well last season and averaged 25  but he was perhaps injured this season.  Hasn't played any state level game in the last 12 months. He is supposed to be quick