Iyer is making Dhawan look like Don Bradman

gakgupta

Well...the title of this thread say it all....

Making me wonder, how did he made so many runs in ranji's.

Little unorthodox action with hard hands ...making him look like a tailender...

So many players surprised me in the past....Dhoni, Jadeja Smith (both Steven and Graeme) etc....

He might be successful in the intl arena but this story will surprise me a lot...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Finally a Marathi-malu , sunny manju confused if they can Add him to list of Mumbai batsman and you all discussing his shot selection. Let’s first resolve which region gets to claim him.

This is crucial as depending on this he will be a great prospect ( considered ghati) or be relegated to list a ( cobsidered mallu)..very crucial..

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

As long as he scores his runs he should be fine, no need to stress on technique. Dravid had very good technique but he failed in SA. Most important for him to find a way where he can score runs every where he plays, after one failure , he has done well  but it is too early to make a judgement on him.

dravid was okay in his debut tour, and failed afterwards in SA. even in aus, excluding 2003, he was poor.

32 minutes ago, Vijy said:

dravid was okay in his debut tour, and failed afterwards in SA. even in aus, excluding 2003, he was poor.

People write off so easily these youngsters, forgetting how Fab 4 had their own issues and how many places they failed to even do normal batsmen would do.

Give these guys a chance to prove themselves.

Edited by putrevus
4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

People write off so easily these youngsters, forgetting how Fab 4 had their own issues and how many places they failed to even do normal batsmen would do.

Give these guys a chance to prove themselves.

that's true. all of the Fab 5, barring SRT to some degree (who had other issues), failed in some countries.

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

Well...the title of this thread say it all....

Making me wonder, how did he made so many runs in ranji's.

Little unorthodox action with hard hands ...making him look like a tailender...

So many players surprised me in the past....Dhoni, Jadeja Smith (both Steven and Graeme) etc....

He might be successful in the intl arena but this story will surprise me a lot...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

To hell with great technique and no runs ! That too in 50 ODI & 20 ODIs .

He looks much much better against spinners . Mind you , many of the current players did not play that well against Akila . But iyer i think did well . I think at that 4-5 position you will play quite a bit of spin . 

Thts what you need in a middle order bat . Quick runner , fine placer of ball . near 90-100% strike rate and fine fileder.

Its his 3 rd ODI but does not look out of place  in that league.

But needs to strive for more consistency and play as per situation .