More English Whinging : Umpires must protect England’s tail from bodyline

SK_IH

Former England captain Mike Atherton has called on the umpires during the Ashes to protect England's bowlers from the Australian pace attack, saying that the 'Bodyline' tactics being employed are illegal. 

In his column for The Times, Atherton called on the umpires to take a stand when certain batsmen were at the crease, saying the tactic contravened the laws of the game.

"I did wonder aloud at the time why the umpires were so reluctant to act to protect Ball,' Atherton wrote.

"After all, Law 41.6.1 on the bowling of dangerous and unfair short-pitched deliveries is clear: 'The bowling of short-pitched deliveries is dangerous if the bowler's end umpire considers that, taking into consideration the skill of the striker, by their speed, length, height and direction, they are likely to inflict physical injury on him/her. The fact that the striker is wearing protective equipment shall be disregarded.'"

Atherton called on the umpires to employ the law, not often cited in cricket circles, to protect the England tail.

“Batsmen who cannot bowl are not required to bowl to great players, but the opposite is obviously the case — precisely why the Law is framed as it is, as built-in protection for the incompetent.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/12/21/12/32/ashes-mike-atherton-australian-bowlers-umpires

Athers says follow the rules lulz

England does whine a bit.

However, I can understand 1-2 well-directed bouncers followed up by a pitched-up delivery to set up a tail-ender but when you bowl 5-6 bouncers in  succession aimed at tail-ender's head, you are literally trying to kill the dude.

Australians have no moral compass. They would run over their own father in order to win a test match.

28 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

However, I can understand 1-2 well-directed bouncers followed up by a pitched-up delivery to set up a tail-ender but when you bowl 5-6 bouncers in  succession aimed at tail-ender's head, you are literally trying to kill the dude.

Australians have no moral compass. They would run over their own father in order to win a test match.

only tow bouncers are allowed so where he is the question of 5-6 bouncers in succession.

33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

only tow bouncers are allowed so where he is the question of 5-6 bouncers in succession.

they can't bowl 5-6 bouncers but I assume they can bowl 5-6 into the ribcage consecutively assuming that they have the sufficient accuracy. that would be pretty painful if one of them were to connect.

8 hours ago, GolGappe said:

Arrey baap re! Itni badi baat bol di!