Jump to content
coffee_rules

Indian State Elections 2018

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, diga said:

Poor Rajdeep, heckled while having breakfast in Bangalore by a techie.. felt bad seeing the video.

 

But as they say, one reaps what one sows

Unfortunate that this boy has been detained.. 

 

https://twitter.com/shakkuiyer/status/993770069606961152

Quote

Ashok Nagar police have detained the boy who challenged Rajdeep . He is kept in police station without FIR since yesterday 10am. They are calling and threatening the guy who recorded it Great job Sir @CPBlr.Great law keeping when we pay taxes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fake TCPoll shared on WA said BjP 133. Vut not gonna happen. All polls are not predicting KhanGress win, but a hung assembly 90 to K, 90 to BJP and 40 to JDS, which makes JDS a kingmaker. Everybody is confused to prdict. BJP ran an aggressive hate filled campaign, trying to unite hindu vote, all sorts of msgs shared on WA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opinion poll is difficult this time. 3 parties already makes it complicated. And BJP has no presense in 25%of the region. So vote share to seats will be difficult. BJP got less vote share and yet more seats in their 2008 win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I refuse to believe the voters are dumb enough to vote the BJP back after the **** show they put on when they were in power,Siddu deserves to be back in for his last innings.

What is the pulse there? 50/50?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

I refuse to believe the voters are dumb enough to vote the BJP back after the **** show they put on when they were in power,Siddu deserves to be back in for his last innings.

JDs has been the most corrupt, but still they keep coming back . SM Krishna had deserved another chance, Siddanna has too many enemies within  congress and outside to survive another term. His government was a typical Congress govt, schemes for minorities, talk about BJP being communal and divided the masses on caste, religion and even language. what's deserving? Since, 85 , no government has been voted again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not looking good for BJP. The minorities have voted in big numbers, so their 15% actual population becomes a 25% vote share. Imo, this undivided minorities votes + 1 big caste is good enough formula to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, someone said:

It's not looking good for BJP. The minorities have voted in big numbers, so their 15% actual population becomes a 25% vote share. Imo, this undivided minorities votes + 1 big caste is good enough formula to win.

Higher turnout means more people came to vote due to anti-incumbency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Higher turnout means more people came to vote due to anti-incumbency. 

That's not always true. Higher turnout could also mean your core voters turned out more. And urban Bangalore did poorly while it is seen minorities were even more higher than their usual very high level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

What is the pulse there? 50/50?

my dad says a hung assembly and both my parents are congress supporters for decades,if it is a hung assembly then Siddu is out as Chief minster as the JDS will never allow him to be the CM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, someone said:

It's not looking good for BJP. The minorities have voted in big numbers, so their 15% actual population becomes a 25% vote share. Imo, this undivided minorities votes + 1 big caste is good enough formula to win.

Minorities ( or anyone for that matter) voting in large numbers is what we would want ideally in a democracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, someone said:

That's not always true. Higher turnout could also mean your core voters turned out more. And urban Bangalore did poorly while it is seen minorities were even more higher than their usual very high level.

Bangalore did vote poorly mainly because of enlarged voters' list. It has traditionally voted for BJP since the 90s. Hence, it is not a game changer in this election. Mysore/Mandya could go to JDs, Karavali too will go to BJP. North Karnataka is a battle between BJP and Congress on caste basis. Lingayats pitting against themselves. That is the deciding factor for this election. Not worried about minority voting enmasse to Congress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all dynastic politics. That's the only verdict from today's events. Both parties supremo will do whatever it takes,  to save their sons. Perhaps, the biggest reason to support BJP as it's the only party with some form of democracy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entire third front is descending down to Bengaluru tomorrow. They are making a big show of anti-modi will be hailed by the print media as the next best thing for India. Disastrous start for 2019 campaign for Modi. Will stay away from online media for a week. 

 

PM: Raul

Home Minister: Mayawati

Finance: PC

Defence: Akhilesh Yadav

Railways: Mamta

External Affairs: Tharoor

Law: Abhishek Manu

I&B: Kejriwal

 

:fear1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Entire third front is descending down to Bengaluru tomorrow. They are making a big show of anti-modi will be hailed by the print media as the next best thing for India. Disastrous start for 2019 campaign for Modi. Will stay away from online media for a week. 

 

PM: Raul

Home Minister: Mayawati

Finance: PC

Defence: Akhilesh Yadav

Railways: Mamta

External Affairs: Tharoor

Law: Abhishek Manu

I&B: Kejriwal

 

:fear1:

Ay yi yi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

You havent added Maya, and Lallu pillu there.

Maya gets Home. Lallu Pillus will get HR as they explempify Indian education system.

Look;

 

 

Since they don't trust each other to make sure they don't pick each others' pockets, they have raised both hands.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Maya gets Home. Lallu Pillus will get HR as they explempify Indian education system.

Look;

I think Yechury would want HRD, Lalu would want  Agriculture so he can collect more fodder money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2018 at 10:31 PM, coffee_rules said:

For all proud NOTA voters, this is what happening if you sit on the fence. You deserve this..

 

 

 

What is the % of those who vote NOTA anyways?

Definitely a minuscule proportion of the voters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

What is the % of those who vote NOTA anyways?

Definitely a minuscule proportion of the voters. 

BJP has lost some seats where the difference is less than NOTA votes. Assuming, that these voters are those who are miffed with BJP but dont want to vote for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Another crushing defeat for BJP in by elections

Yes... They need to go back to drawing board...

However By-election results are dicey... Still BJP need to think hard about fuel prices, allies etc. Cannot go steamrolling everything and everybody...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UP hindus need to be reminded of dangers of ascendant ROPerism from time to time. I bet over the coming year, ROPers will be extremely confident and start acting out in public spaces. RSS/BJP workers can use that while campaigning next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kairana #Bypoll Result RLD + Cong + SP + BSP = 421144 BJP = 389691

 

This is one bypoll. Let the opposition workout a seat-share first for 80 seats and then we can talk polls. 3.89 lakh votes without any of Modi visits. He can sway elections whereever he campaigns as seen in Karnataka. So, in Modi BJP can still trust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Kairana the place where the huge exodus of Hindus happened post 2013? Also many (>20) targeted killings of Hindu businessmen/property holders took place in that area last year. For all his faults the late Hukum Singh did raise these issues in the national stage and also helped the displaced. Some Jat pride this where they voted en masse against the ones who fought for them. Ungrateful swine.

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Wasn't Kairana the place where the huge exodus of Hindus happened post 2013? Also many (>20) targeted killings of Hindu businessmen/property holders took place in that area last year. For all his faults the late Hukum Singh did raise these issues in the national stage and also helped the displaced. Some Jat pride this where they voted en masse against the ones who fought for them. Ungrateful swine.

Huh?! Jats are still carrying BJP in western UP. Its the dalits who swing like a pendulum.  

2014 Kairana was once in a blue moon event as oppo vote got divided. Demographics are just not in BJP's favour in many UP constituencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, surajmal said:

Huh?! Jats are still carrying BJP in western UP. Its the dalits who swing like a pendulum.  

2014 Kairana was once in a blue moon event as oppo vote got divided. Demographics are just not in BJP's favour in many UP constituencies.

Hmm ok, read a couple of articles which talked about Jat-Muslim unity in the Kairana bypoll. Jats were rightly pissed off at Ajit Singh post Muzaffarnagar for letting them down but now some of them seem to have forgiven his party. This is the problem with Hindus, goldfish like memory...sickulars are still able to rally Muslim voters based on happenings of 25-30 years back but Hindus forget and forgive within 5 years max. RLD should have ceased to exist the moment they betrayed the core voters in favor of Muslims, but here they are regrouping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Hmm ok, read a couple of articles which talked about Jat-Muslim unity in the Kairana bypoll. Jats were rightly pissed off at Ajit Singh post Muzaffarnagar for letting them down but now some of them seem to have forgiven his party. This is the problem with Hindus, goldfish like memory...sickulars are still able to rally Muslim voters based on happenings of 25-30 years back but Hindus forget and forgive within 5 years max. RLD should have ceased to exist the moment they betrayed the core voters in favor of Muslims, but here they are regrouping. 

lolno. Only jats who would have voted for RLD are those that got promised seats on the gravy train. Otherwise, Western UP jats are now one of the most anti ROPer groups in India. They may not give a crap about BJP, as BJP has never given a crap about Jat votes but Jat/BJP union is one that came out of necessity... at least the UP jats realize that now.

Haryana, its a different matter. As, there isn't ROPer demographic bomb staring them in the face. If BJP doesn't do penance before next year, they will surely lose the state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, surajmal said:

lolno. Only jats who would have voted for RLD are those that got promised seats on the gravy train. Otherwise, Western UP jats are now one of the most anti ROPer groups in India. They may not give a crap about BJP, as BJP has never given a crap about Jat votes but Jat/BJP union is one that came out of necessity... at least the UP jats realize that now.

Haryana, its a different matter. As, there isn't ROPer demographic bomb staring them in the face. If BJP doesn't do penance before next year, they will surely lose the state. 

Haryana, jats are 25%....own practically all the land of the State... Substantially over represented in govt. Jobs....still selfish enough to kill other caste people, hold the state ransom on reservation issue despite court rulings... Have to say, the most Ghatiya caste, isn't it?

 

Hope other 35 castes unite again for bjp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Haryana, jats are 25%....own practically all the land of the State... Substantially over represented in govt. Jobs....still selfish enough to kill other caste people, hold the state ransom on reservation issue despite court rulings... Have to say, the most Ghatiya caste, isn't it?

 

Hope other 35 castes unite again for bjp. 

What's easier to manage politically : 1 big caste (which is intensely nationalistic - key marker that your party identifies with) + couple of other small groups OR an assortment of small castes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×