Sign in to follow this  
sourab10forever

IPL 2018 : Player Retention Event | Mumbai 4th Jan

43 minutes ago, beetle said:

Dd actual salaries.

Pant...8

Shreyas....7 

Morris ....7.5

I just hope we don't fill too many youngsters now and do charity service for Indian Cricket. Pant and Iyer are fine but now we need to get some solid middle order bats from overseas. From last 6 years we have struggled due to too many youngsters in the same line up.

I like Morris too. NOw time to really get some lethal hitters. I hope we can get Lynn or someone, who can change the course of the game. Also won't mind Gambhir as captain.

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Players retained: Virat Kohli (INR 17 crore), AB de Villiers (INR 11 crore), Sarfaraz Khan (INR 1.75 crore/US $268,000)

Deduction from salary cap: INR 31 crore (US $4.8m)

How 31 Cr? :thinking:

If they had just retained VK and ABDV, deduction would have been 21 Cr like SRH (Warner, Bhuvi). They could have bought Sarfaraz normally in auction for around 3 crores, max 5 crores.

Doesn't make any sense.

PS: Or just retained Chahal/Rahul/Gayle, with salary deduction of 33 Cr.

Edited by philcric

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

I just hope we don't fill too many youngsters now and do charity service for Indian Cricket. Pant and Iyer are fine but now we need to get some solid middle order bats from overseas. From last 6 years we have struggled due to too many youngsters in the same line up.

I like Morris too. NOw time to really get some lethal hitters. I hope we can get Lynn or someone, who can change the course of the game. Also won't mind Gambhir as captain.

They should rtm quinton and cummins.

Get gambhir as skipper. 

Edited by beetle

8 hours ago, philcric said:

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Players retained: Virat Kohli (INR 17 crore), AB de Villiers (INR 11 crore), Sarfaraz Khan (INR 1.75 crore/US $268,000)

Deduction from salary cap: INR 31 crore (US $4.8m)

How 31 Cr? :thinking:

If they had just retained VK and ABDV, deduction would have been 21 Cr like SRH (Warner, Bhuvi). They could have bought Sarfaraz normally in auction for around 3 crores, max 5 crores.

Doesn't make any sense.

PS: Or just retained Chahal/Rahul/Gayle, with salary deduction of 33 Cr.

1st Retention - 17 (since they paid 2 extra for kohli) 

2nd Retention - 11(Normal 2nd pick) 

3rd Retention - 3 (since Sarfraz is uncapped) 

All of them add up to 31 // 80 - 31 = 49 left for the Auction.. 

They prob thought they can pick Chahal or Rahul for less than 7 in the auction using RTM. Either this ll work or it could be major backfire. I think they ll be fine considering amount of players in the Auction. 

Edited by Rasgulla

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.