Dhoni asked me to open, changed my career - Hitman Rohit !!!

velu

India batsman Rohit Sharma has said MS Dhoni improved his ODI career by asking him to open the batting in the format before the 2013 Champions Trophy in England. In his first match after the move, Rohit struck 83 off 93 ballsagainst England in a successful chase of 258.

"I believe the decision to open in ODIs changed my career and it was a decision taken by MS Dhoni. I became a better batsman after that. In fact it helped me understand my game better, react better according to situations," Rohit told PTI.

821829.jpg&w=900&h=360&scale=crop&cquali

"He (Dhoni) just came up to me and said 'I want you to open the innings as I am confident that you will do well. Since you can play both cut and pull shot well, you have the qualities to succeed as an opener'," Rohit said. "He told me that I shouldn't be scared of failures or get upset by criticism. He was looking at the bigger picture as the Champions Trophy was scheduled in England that year.

"With no disrespect to other great Indian captains, I was blessed to play under MS all these years. His calmness in pressure situations helped us. He always led from the front. There won't be one like him."

In India's successful campaign in the Champions Trophy, Rohit scored 177 runs and two fifties in five matches at an average of 35.40, including 65 off 81 balls in the tournament opener against South Africa. Later that year, he also scored 209 while opening against Australia in Bangalore and set a world record a year later against Sri Lanka by amassing 264 runs on his own.

"The Champions Trop

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/18450514/dhoni-asked-open-changed-my-career-rohit-sharma

and now Hitman is returning the favor with interest , by asking Dhoni to bat at #4 and then #3 :phehe:

@maniac    @Laaloo

Edited by velu

Good news is that he is showing more intent these days and trying to be proactive from ball number 3 onwards ( Today he was 10 from 6 balls at one point of time ). :dance: 

Bad news is that his intent is not materialising AT THIS POINT OF TIME !!! :sad: 

PS:-

There is a terrible news as well for all the Haterz. Captain Hitman aka @maniac asked Dhoni to come one down :phehe: 

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Funny that this geeza has never replicated his 'opening feats' of daddy LOI centuries in overseas conditions.. only hapless SL and Bng attacks can prop Rohit's record.

he can do well anwyhere as long as there is not much swing 

If Dhoni can’t strike over 130ks against this Srilankan side then the joke is on him...Sure Rohit gave him a chance but one would expect the Dhoni of 2007 to cash in lol....now trust me you will be dejected if Rohit or Kohli for the matter of fact don’t give him redemption chances even against likes of Srilanka,WI,Zimbabwe Etc.

4 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Funny that this geeza has never replicated his 'opening feats' of daddy LOI centuries in overseas conditions.. only hapless SL and Bng attacks can prop Rohit's record.

Did you miss his 100 in 2015 in MCG against a rampaging Starc,Hazlewood etc when everyone else failed ?

Edited by maniac
Just now, maniac said:

If Dhoni can’t strike over 130ks against this Srilankan side then the joke is on him...Sure Rohit gave him a chance but one would expect the Dhoni of 2007 to cash in lol....now trust me you will be dejected if Rohit or Kohli for the matter of fact don’t give him redemption chances even against likes of Srilanka,WI,Zimbabwe Etc.

Last match Dhoni 177SR:phehe:...  Rohit last match 130SR

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Did you miss his 100 in 2015 in Adelaide against a rampaging Starc,Hazlewood etc when everyone else failed ?

Just 1 example? hes a senior player.. he should have more instances of this seeing his records. That may be a once in a blue moon performance. Lets face it his records are boosted by minnow attacks in indian conditions plus smaller grounds.