We should try Karn sharma

Vk1

He has transformed into a better bowler. Numbers prove that. Kuldeep is doing fine but may not be enough for English pitches. Also Karan is a better hitter than most bowlers and gives us some cushion there. His inclusion and potential success could finalize our spin choices for 2019.

Kuldeep is doing decent , just lacks control. The more he bowls the better he gets

Chinamen is a rare breed of bowler so he adds a bit of mystery and he has troubled a lot of batsman

No need for 2 leggies

Need to look at an off spinner and we have sundar who needs chances, so no point bringing another leggie unless chahal is injured or gets out of form

Also need to look a better option or package among left arm spinners- jadeja, axar n krunal (krunal gives us a better package)

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

cant have two leg spinners. need a good off spinner to tackle left handers. sides like NZ, SL, Pak have several left handers, so, off spinners is needed against them. if Kuldeep can get better, that will be great but as of now he is still raw..

Lefties vs off-spinners is perhaps more suited for test cricket or on pitches where there is slight turn. For English pitches I would prefer two wrist spinners if they are the best on offer. Especially when they are so successful these days. 

50 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

I saw him bowl recently. More suited for tests 

Yes, he is more in the classical off-spinner mode.

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/series/gowtham-weaves-magic-with-6104/2001606215

But his list a records are good as well. 10 wickets from 4 matches at 15.

One thing that is in favour of his limited overs claims is his big hitting. Not a classy batsman by can hit the ball.

http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/series/gowthams-quickfire-149-vs-assam/2001604248

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Gopal is a good alternative but he's more of a batsman who bowls.

We need a batting allrounder.

A proper no.6 batsman who can provide  us good 5th bowling option somebody like tony greig, shakib, stokes etc.

Bowling allrounder are in plenty such as ash jaddu jayant etc. they do not provide team balance for overseas especially.

1 hour ago, SUMO said:

We need a batting allrounder.

A proper no.6 batsman who can provide  us good 5th bowling option somebody like tony greig, shakib, stokes etc.

Bowling allrounder are in plenty such as ash jaddu jayant etc. they do not provide team balance for overseas especially.

stokes and shakib are not in greig's league, esp the former. he has hammered some big knocks occasionally 9and on flatter tracks) but he's more of a No.7 in my book.

I agree that we need a batting allrounder. they are quite rare in domestics and the few that bat in top 6 are not int'l class - e.g. saxena, rasool. shankar is considered by some as a batting allrounder but I doubt if his bowling puts him in AR category. gopal could have developed into a batting allrounder (ditto jayant yadav) but the wrong skillsets were developed in their domestic sides. if KN allowed gopal to bat at 5 or 6 his batting could improve a lot. ditto jayant.

17 hours ago, Vijy said:

stokes and shakib are not in greig's league, esp the former. he has hammered some big knocks occasionally 9and on flatter tracks) but he's more of a No.7 in my book.

I agree that we need a batting allrounder. they are quite rare in domestics and the few that bat in top 6 are not int'l class - e.g. saxena, rasool. shankar is considered by some as a batting allrounder but I doubt if his bowling puts him in AR category. gopal could have developed into a batting allrounder (ditto jayant yadav) but the wrong skillsets were developed in their domestic sides. if KN allowed gopal to bat at 5 or 6 his batting could improve a lot. ditto jayant.

Shanker could have been that guy but his pace is too low.

Jayant is bits n pieces cricketer.

Gopal is good batsman with decent technique but his problem is same as ashwin not consistent enough and lack of big shots which is needed while batting with tailenders. But his leg spinners can be mighty effective as 2nd or 3rd spinner.

Lets see if hardik/gopal can improve their batting or shanker can improve his bowling.

On 12/23/2017 at 12:05 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kuldeep is doing decent , just lacks control. The more he bowls the better he gets

Chinamen is a rare breed of bowler so he adds a bit of mystery and he has troubled a lot of batsman

No need for 2 leggies

Need to look at an off spinner and we have sundar who needs chances, so no point bringing another leggie unless chahal is injured or gets out of form

Also need to look a better option or package among left arm spinners- jadeja, axar n krunal (krunal gives us a better package)

Kuldeep should be for ODI's and Karn should be considered for Test Matches...

Karn seems to be bowling really well these days...and all his experience will help him in test matches...