Indian ODI squad for South africa announced .NO KL Rahul

PSB_Zone

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant never played an ODI. So his noninclusion is no surprise. Till dhoni, dont think any other keeper will get picked. Two t20s were not judge him for them.

Not surprise to you and me prob.. some people still believe he is in the sceme of things of even making the squad.. We already for backup as Karthik like it or not he ll stay till 2019 why would they take risk with new kid anyway.. He has no exp what so ever. He won't be selected for T20s as well.. Kohli and management obviously believes he is not ready yet.. How come Iyer is getting more chances ? They obviously saw something in him..

11 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Makes no difference. We need to fix middle order problem rahul is neither going to fix it nor can he play a finishers role. Most have forgotten how clueless he looked when played in middle order in SL.

Get ur facts right.. He only got to bat 3 times out of 5 odis and in one of the odis everyone was bamboozled by dhanazay. 

So just 2 bad matches and u remove such a talent.. How will u then define giving chances to rohit when he was failing for years.. 

I don't get one thing. If KL Rahul was judged for his performance in SL where he batted in middle order, what special has Karthick done during this period to keep his place? Something really out of my mind. KL Rahul should be there in team because you can play him as opener or in middle order and at some time he can also serve you as part time wicket keeper.

35 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant never played an ODI. So his noninclusion is no surprise. Till dhoni, dont think any other keeper will get picked. Two t20s were not judge him for them.

He has to be a better keeper that dhoni to get selected. Meaning bad days in keeping from dhoni and good glovework from pant in domestics. Mot some 90 in 50 balls..keeping from pant. Bcci is definitely going to back him for future.

Absolutely gutted....horrific selection. Rahul is a must in LOI team. Also I would have picked Ashwin and Jadeja in place of Axar and Kuldeep respectively.

And big LOL to posters here who still think there is no politics/conspiracy in the team. This team is buzzing with politics and surgical removal of Kumble was one of the darkest phase in Indian cricket.

Too much power to one man (read Kohli) is never good. I am all for split captaincy and having Rohit Sharma as our LOI skipper.

SA will maul us anyway. Atleast we could have picked the right squad to give a fight.

Karthik as a batsman is selected over Rahul in 2018....is beyond belief.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

He has to be a better keeper that dhoni to get selected. Meaning bad days in keeping from dhoni and good glovework from pant in domestics. Mot some 90 in 50 balls..keeping from pant. Bcci is definitely going to back him for future.

From what I have seen, Pant is definitely better against pace and has better reach than Dhoni. Dhoni does not even go for balls which are further for him