Indian ODI squad for South africa announced .NO KL Rahul

PSB_Zone

15 minutes ago, puneet28 said:

I don't get one thing. If KL Rahul was judged for his performance in SL where he batted in middle order, what special has Karthick done during this period to keep his place? Something really out of my mind. KL Rahul should be there in team because you can play him as opener or in middle order and at some time he can also serve you as part time wicket keeper.

lets not compare keeping skills kartick is a full time keeper, as far as batting goes neither have done anything special but given we need a middle order batsman kartick is preferred. 

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Absolutely gutted....horrific selection. Rahul is a must in LOI team. Also I would have picked Ashwin and Jadeja in place of Axar and Kuldeep respectively.

And big LOL to posters here who still think there is no politics/conspiracy in the team. This team is buzzing with politics and surgical removal of Kumble was one of the darkest phase in Indian cricket.

Too much power to one man (read Kohli) is never good. I am all for split captaincy and having Rohit Sharma as our LOI skipper.

SA will maul us anyway. Atleast we could have picked the right squad to give a fight.

Karthik as a batsman is selected over Rahul in 2018....is beyond belief.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rohit same . Just like replacing raul ghandi with priyanka. Same pair of a holes 

we saw that by his hands and knees begging of dhoni to come out to number 3 and tuk tuk . Even less reason for Rohit to pick kl Raul as Raul genuinely better then Rohit 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ganguly backed likes of Sehwag,Yuvraj,Bhajji,Zaak,Nehra etc........

Dravid even though didn't back any one per se, but his reign coincided with the Chapell era for all it's flaws we have to give credit where due that a lot of new talent were tried

Dhoni too good/bad had his set of favorites and youngsters that he backed to the hilt be it Ashwin,Jadeja,Rohit,Ishant etc etc.....so needs to be given some credit there.

However under Kohli the only youngsters he has been backing so far are Yuvraj,Nehra,Dhoni,Karthik,Parthiv Patel....hell even Gambhir and Bhajji made a short return :cantstop:

Dhoni is the only one who backed youngsters basically.

It is not even about KL Rahul, it is about this culture change Indian team is going through where brand value matters more now than winning. You want to remain captain and only superstar in the team and that way you will earn 100% more off the field. With so much money involved now in cricket, Captain shouldn't be the one having say in team selection or matter of fact playing 11. It is time to become like Australia. 

Ganguly backed likes of Sehwag,Yuvraj,Bhajji,Zaak,Nehra etc........

Dravid even though didn't back any one per se, but his reign coincided with the Chapell era for all it's flaws we have to give credit where due that a lot of new talent were tried

Dhoni too good/bad had his set of favorites and youngsters that he backed to the hilt be it Ashwin,Jadeja,Rohit,Ishant etc etc.....so needs to be given some credit there.

However under Kohli the only youngsters he has been backing so far are Yuvraj,Nehra,Dhoni,Karthik,Parthiv Patel....hell even Gambhir and Bhajji made a short return :cantstop:

TBH Dhoni was our best skipper in terms of backing youngsters. Ofcourse he had some bias for CSK players but he was very authoritative in his selection methods. He quickly realized in 2008 that Ganguly, Dravid and VVS no longer fits the LOI cricket and booted them out amidst massive media criticism. That team went on to win a tri series in Aust for 1st time. Post 2011 WC he realized that some seniors are not meeting the fitness that modern ODI cricket requires and made it clear that all 3 (Sehwag, Sachin and Gambhir) cant be in the playing XI at the same time. After the 2012 Aane Do series, Sehwag and Gambo was shown the door permanently. Backed Dhawan and Rohit as openers and that team went on to win the CT in Eng.

I know Dhoni is an unpopular player here in ICF but that man was a fantastic LOI skipper.

Ganguly too was extremely good in backing youngsters.

I dnt see any such futuristic thinking from Kohli. All he does is sucking upto seniors and put young players career in jeapordy. I just hope he gives Iyer an uniterrupted run.

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

TBH Dhoni was our best skipper in terms of backing youngsters. Ofcourse he had some bias for CSK players but he was very authoritative in his selection methods. He quickly realized in 2008 that Ganguly, Dravid and VVS no longer fits the LOI cricket and booted them out amidst massive media criticism. That team went on to win a tri series in Aust for 1st time. Post 2011 WC he realized that some seniors are not meeting the fitness that modern ODI cricket requires and made it clear that all 3 (Sehwag, Sachin and Gambhir) can be in the playing XI at the same time. After the 2012 Aane Do series, Sehwag and Gambo was shown the door permanently. Backed Dhawan and Rohit as openers and that team went on to win the CT in Eng.

I know Dhoni is an unpopular player here in ICF but that man was a fantastic LOI skipper.

Ganguly too was extremely good in backing youngsters.

I dnt see any such futuristic thinking from Kohli. All he does is sucking upto seniors and put young players career in jeapordy. I just hope he gives Iyer an uniterrupted run.

Agree mostly with this although I'd rank Ganguly higher when it comes to backing youngsters. Kohli is easily the worst in this regard and by far and away the most corrupt (in a non match-fixing way) captain we've had in a long time. 

Agree mostly with this although I'd rank Ganguly higher when it comes to backing youngsters. Kohli is easily the worst in this regard and by far and away the most corrupt (in a non match-fixing way) captain we've had in a long time. 

Yes and no. I am a big fan of Ganguly but to a certain extent his hands were tied and were forced to select youngsters. When Saurav was made the captain, most of the senior players were banned by BCCI due to match fixing. So he couldnt select seniors like Azhar, Ajay Jadeja, Nayan Mongia, Robin Singh etc. anyway. Thankfully we had good influx of young players that time and kudos to Ganguly for giving all of them confidence.

But dont think Ganguly ever had to deal with senior- junior issue like Dhoni.

Just read MSK’s interview and he says they are looking at KL just for the opening spot.. and there was Rahane doing well (:blink:)

Two things completely baffling here:

1. KL has been shunned from the middle order because of 1-2 failures while DK is swashbuckling with his 18-ball duck?

2. Rahane, a guy woefully out of form with even his Test spot being questioned by some is somehow performing better than KL in the eyes of the selectors? :facepalm:

KL could have easily been roped in for one for these two.

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

Yes and no. I am a big fan of Ganguly but to a certain extent his hands were tied and were forced to select youngsters. When Saurav was made the captain, most of the senior players were banned by BCCI due to match fixing. So he couldnt select seniors like Azhar, Ajay Jadeja, Nayan Mongia, Robin Singh etc. anyway. Thankfully we had good influx of young players that time and kudos to Ganguly for giving all of them confidence.

But dont think Ganguly ever had to deal with senior- junior issue like Dhoni.

A fair point. But Dhoni too didn't face much opposition in getting rid of Ganguly and Dravid after our humiliation in the 2007 WC. Would've been much different if we'd done well in that WC. Regardless, he did the right thing and Kohli hasn't. If we had won the CT 17, UV/Ashwin/Jaddu would still be playing ODIs for India.

1 hour ago, sensible-indian said:

Still think I am lying? :p:

yea i dnt beilve in conspiracy theory...........its plain stupidity which if u follow indian cricket its easy to digest 

Forget kohli- Ganguly, laxman, dravid have all openly backed rahane in LOI

sehwag, laxman wants dhawan to play ahead of rahul-

Acc to bhajji karthik is best option at 4

Every Ex-cricketer wants yuvraj back

Ye dimaagi problem hi hai sabka. M sure KL rahul didnt run away with many cricketer money due to which they are biased. Yaha agar format difference ki aur skill diff ki samajh hoti to hum kaha ke kaha hote. The whole system thinking is still not evolved which shows in selection of our t20 team, what else do i need to say 

Watever status kohli earns as captain in indian history one thing is clear he doesnt have the knack for right horses and doesnt know how to build players