MSK Prasad chairman of selectors

Siraj,Thampi,Pant,Washington,Iyer,Nair,Jayant  were all selected by the current selection committee.

I don't think any exciting talent has been ignored so far.

However,Pant did not get a chance to keep and discarded  and not allowed to showcase skills

Nair was dropped the next test after scoring 300

Jayant Yadav too not got a extended run

So tell me how are selectors to get the blame completely,even though they are kind of flunkies to the captain,BCCI and even coach

42 minutes ago, New guy said:

I have a feeling it's a north south divide at play. At least they had reason to ease Ashwin out but Rahul is just inexplicable. 

DK is a Southie, Iyer is a Southie even though he plays for Mumbai. Don't think this is a N-S thing, more like personal vendetta against one man. 

Rohit,Iyer,Karthik,Ashwin,Vijay so quiet a few Southies in the team even though technically Iyer and Rohit  are brought up and play for Mumbai..Hell even Ravi Shastri too falls in this category....don't see any North-South divide or bias but do see yaari-dosti. You have to get in the innerr circle from the looks of it.

Easily kohli / dhoni can help prasad kids get great stuff for them . A guy like prasad can throw free meal at him and will bend over you . These zillionaire players can look after prasad and he will do their want 

puke stuff way prasad lavished praise on dhoni . So obvious what’s happening . But Indian fans thick. Will chant his name to come out to bat earl when they shoudl be burning statdium down as kl Raul not in team 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Rohit,Iyer,Karthik,Ashwin,Vijay so quiet a few Southies in the team even though technically Iyer and Rohit  are brought up and play for Mumbai..Hell even Ravi Shastri too falls in this category....don't see any North-South divide or bias but do see yaari-dosti. You have to get in the innerr circle from the looks of it.

Yes zonal picks lessened . More money making mates . Self interest clicks . You scratch my back I give you shares in some company and sort your son out in this role blah blah 

prasad sickens me . Actually he is nobkody . Kohli and mates using money like big wig politicians, disgusting 

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yes zonal picks lessened . More money making mates . Self interest clicks . You scratch my back I give you shares in some company and sort your son out in this role blah blah 

prasad sickens me . Actually he is nobkody . Kohli and mates using money like big wig politicians, disgusting 

Tell me this Pant was selected as per everyone's wishes....he was not even allowed to showcase his keeping and promptly discarded.

Nair was dropped after scoring 300.

Rahul was in the T20 squad recently and Dhawan was played ahead of him.

So how are selectors to be blamed more than Kohli and Shastri?

Yes they have promptly discarded these players later so yeah they do show the flunkie mentality but the team management is the bigger culprit

Well we need all ICFers to spam Kohli and shashtri's twitters account to apprise them that the cricketing aficionados are not having any blithe disregard for their asinine or rather iniquitous act. Possibly, it can be harangued on FB and Instagram where word limit is not the issue and pue passes of sentences can be made. But make sure the comment should be of pejorative manner and might as well add some aspersion to gain some traction. 

It should be filled with lurid details and full of insinuations regarding the curse that will fall and use all the metonyms you can in lieu to keep it civil. Here's a sample-

Over thy rejection of Rahul now do I prophesy,

A curse shall light upon the limbs of that drunk;

Domestic fury and fierce civil strife

Shall cumber all the parts of India;

Bouncers and blood shall be so in use

And dreadful forms so familiar

That captain sahab shall but smile when they behold

Their willow quartered with the hands of Rabada,

All pity choked with custom of fell deeds;

And Rahul's spirit ranging for revenge,

With Public his side come hot from India,

Shall he enter mid tour and barge in the pavilion with a stern baritone 

Cry "Suck it guys, We got a series to win!" and let slip the ghost of bradman.

MSK Prasad has made it very clear that for him, that he values "experienced" players trying to make comebacks much more than investing in younger prospects.   This has been a constant theme in his tenure.  Virat has also followed this philosophy well before Prasad joined th Selection committee. 

Go back to a few years ago when Virat was made Captain for an ODI series against Zimbabwe.  He did not give Parvez Rasool, or any of the fringe players, a shot in any of the games.  And he publicly defended his choice by saying that the 'senior' players are fit and available, so they get first shot at playing.  

Unfortunately for us, BCCI and entire team has made up its mind that Dhoni is first choice WK for 2019 WC.   And that his backup is going to be Dinesh Karthik ahead of any younger players.  Once you make peace with this fact, the rest of it just flows from there.  With Iyer in the squad, there is simply no room for another spare middle order batsman, especially since Rahane is apparently a "lock" for 3rd Opener.  

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Indian fans mainly thick as well with no understanding of cricket . You can see that when they chant dhoni demanding he comes out to bat without seemingly knowing how pants he is now ! 

Most fans don’t even know who Raul is and probably think still talking about Dravid 

Lol, I always laugh when those guys in stands shouting Dhoni Dhoni, wanting him to come bat, normally the fans who attend matches in person are more knowledgeable than the arm chair fans, but in India it’s the opposite

You rightly put it, majority attending are thick :lol: 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

How is Rohit Sharma or Ravi Shastri southie?

3 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Is there still one selector form every zone ?

who is exactly on selection committe and why ? 

MSK Prasad - Andhra 

Devang Gandhi - Bengal

Sarandeep Singh - Punjab

Jatin Prajanpe - Mumbai

Gagan Khoda - Rajasthan

Lodha panel had recommended 3 member panel consisting of only test players. If those recommendations were implemented Jatin and Gagan from Mumbai quota wouldn't have been part of it as they didn't play tests.