Mashrafe Bin Mortaza - ***The Leader of Tigers***

Shamim.Miah

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

India is much better side. Not just on paper. You lost 27 games to India.

Not really. Recently, like the past couple of years, BD has been very competitive with India.

Barring 1-2 one sided matches, BD has won or been very competitive in most.

The last 2-3 years, results have been pretty even. But like I said, India the stronger side on paper.

They are always expected to start favourite and win against BD.

Mashrafe is the only Bangladesh captain to have won a series against India.

He was part of the team that beat India for the first time (at home) in the history of Bangladesh in 2004 (Won MOM)

Also part of the team that knocked India out in the 2007 World Cup.

Not just India, his recent success as Bangladesh captain has been very impressive.

WC - QT, CT: SF, not bad, considering Bangladesh don't have too many World Class players.

Edited by Shamim.Miah
30 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Not really. Recently, like the past couple of years, BD has been very competitive with India.

Barring 1-2 one sided matches, BD has won or been very competitive in most.

The last 2-3 years, results have been pretty even. But like I said, India the stronger side on paper.

They are always expected to start favourite and win against BD.

Lol even...hehe ok.

23 minutes ago, Shamim.Miah said:

Mashrafe is the only Bangladesh captain to have won a series against India.

He was part of the team that beat India for the first time (at home) in the history of Bangladesh in 2004 (Won MOM)

Also part of the team that knocked India out in the 2007 World Cup.

Not just India, his recent success as Bangladesh captain has been very impressive.

WC - QT, CT: SF, not bad, considering Bangladesh don't have too many World Class players.

Is there any upcoming genuinely fast pacer in your domestics ??(don't name taskin or rubel)

16 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Is there any upcoming genuinely fast pacer in your domestics ??(don't name taskin or rubel)

Yes.

Hossain Ali, 19 year old. played in BPL, in one of the matches averaged 140kph+, mostly 135+.

Has time to develop into a genuine 140+ bowler.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/1058904.html

Respect to the guy, Mashrafe, for bringing that intensity and energy into the BD team. A good captain is the one who is well respected by colleagues and he seems well respected. 

And people who who are making fun of him or the BD team, they recently beat us in a bilateral series easily and kicked us out of Asia Cup. So start respecting oppositions.

Indian fans make fun of Bangladesh fans for being arrogant and over the top but I think we are 100 times worse than them. 

39 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Respect to the guy, Mashrafe, for bringing that intensity and energy into the BD team. A good captain is the one who is well respected by colleagues and he seems well respected. 

And people who who are making fun of him or the BD team, they recently beat us in a bilateral series easily and kicked us out of Asia Cup. So start respecting oppositions.

Indian fans make fun of Bangladesh fans for being arrogant and over the top but I think we are 100 times worse than them. 

There is very little chance for full strength first 11 being beat in odi but t20 is diff agreed but still if the sides only met in that format then we have to consider that. And where is disrespect in stating facts like tiger census or odi records. What asia cup are you refering to the one where the senior team beat bd senior team or under 19 ;) ?  If its under 19 mention it. And the bilateral you are talking about is 2015 was it full side what happened after that ?

BD is a good enough side not a minnow but pls if some one comes and states its even with Indian team sorry dont expect some reaction with facts.

All this said with loi team which is bd' strong suit. Test team lol hehe..

@Shamim.Miah - BD been very competitive with India in recent past is a lie that delusional BD fans like to believe. If by competition you meant trolling competion in social media, then sure you guys hv come a long way but in cricket field the story is bit different and contrary to your belief.

The story is...back in 2015 you guys hit a purple patch for few months. Every team, even likes of Zimb or Kenya or Ireland have had those purple patches. And as a result you have beaten us in an ODI series 2-1. Mind you in that same series you were losing badly in the test match until the rain saved you. But BD fans being BD fans, they thought that due to that solitary ODI series win their team is par with India and became arrogant. In reality though, BD never beaten India in any games in any format since those 2 ODIs.

In Asia cup in your home we beat you twice black and blue. Then we beat you in T20 WC game in Bangalore when Mushy had epic brainfart. You toured us for a test match in Hyd and we beat you again in 3.5 days. In Champions trophy warm up game we beat you by 240 runs and then in Semi finals by 9 wickets. Your A team consisting of many national stars lost against Karnataka B team without Rahul, Manish Pandey etc playing.

If the above bashing still makes you feel your team is competitive...I have nothing to add. But in reality your team is still a minnow infront of India.

We all love to support underdogs though and want cricket to have more and more good teams. But what makes it tough is awful illeterate BD fans. See@Prince_ in this forum for example. Dhoni's severed head picture, picture of entire Indian teams head bald by Prothom alo news paper, Mushy's tweet, eternal crying of Bangla fans about that no-ball etc makes it very tough to support BD team.

You want a live example of BD fans delusion? In OP you mentioned Mortaza took you to CT semi finals (LMAO)...in reality rain took you there. Without rain India would be facing Aust in semis.

Its very ironic for you to come here in ICF and compare Mashrafe with Dhoni. MSD has all possible cups there to achieve...BD yet to win an Asia cup.

Afg U19 now won an Asia cup but BD trophy cabinet still empty. If I were you....I would focus more on stopping Afg team surpassing you soon...India is way out of your league.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

@Shamim.Miah - BD been very competitive with India in recent past is a lie that delusional BD fans like to believe. If by competition you meant trolling competion in social media, then sure you guys hv come a long way but in cricket field the story is bit different and contrary to your belief.

The story is...back in 2015 you guys hit a purple patch for few months. Every team, even likes of Zimb or Kenya or Ireland have had those purple patches. And as a result you have beaten us in an ODI series 2-1. Mind you in that same series you were losing badly in the test match until the rain saved you. But BD fans being BD fans, they thought that due to that solitary ODI series win their team is par with India and became arrogant. In reality though, BD never beaten India in any games in any format since those 2 ODIs.

In Asia cup in your home we beat you twice black and blue. Then we beat you in T20 WC game in Bangalore when Mushy had epic brainfart. You toured us for a test match in Hyd and we beat you again in 3.5 days. In Champions trophy warm up game we beat you by 240 runs and then in Semi finals by 9 wickets. Your A team consisting of many national stars lost against Karnataka B team without Rahul, Manish Pandey etc playing.

If the above bashing still makes you feel your team is competitive...I have nothing to add. But in reality your team is still a minnow infront of India.

We all love to support underdogs though and want cricket to have more and more good teams. But what makes it tough is awful illeterate BD fans. See@Prince_ in this forum for example. Dhoni's severed head picture, picture of entire Indian teams head bald by Prothom alo news paper, Mushy's tweet, eternal crying of Bangla fans about that no-ball etc makes it very tough to support BD team.

You want a live example of BD fans delusion? In OP you mentioned Mortaza took you to CT semi finals (LMAO)...in reality rain took you there. Without rain India would be facing Aust in semis.

Its very ironic for you to come here in ICF and compare Mashrafe with Dhoni. MSD has all possible cups there to achieve...BD yet to win an Asia cup.

Afg U19 now won an Asia cup but BD trophy cabinet still empty. If I were you....I would focus more on stopping Afg team surpassing you soon...India is way out of your league.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You see the problem is their are allegation that those pictures (head picture of dhoni etc) were done by some Bengalis leaving in India to stir the series up. I don't know how true this is. From what I heard, it was done purposely to hype the series up, to bring about more media attention, better word would be gage fan interest.

We are yet to lose a series at home in ODI (Edit: Only England beat us), we beat teams like Pakistan, India, South Africa, under Mashrafe's captaincy. That record itself shows how strong BD have become at home. We have terrible records away from home, and this needs to change. I am sure we will become more competitive away from home, soon.

Mashrafe has changed the mind-set of the team collectively, it's very hard to manage a team with some childish players like Mushfiqur Rahim, yet Mashrafe has been able to get the best from them.

The next BD-IND tour will be really interesting. I hope we get to play 5 ODI or at least 2-3 match test series. It would be nice to play in India, like for a fall tour.

Edited by Shamim.Miah
17 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

You see the problem is their are allegation that those pictures (head picture of dhoni etc) were done by some Bengalis leaving in India to stir the series up. I don't know how true this is. From what I heard, it was done purposely to hype the series up, to bring about more media attention, better word would be gage fan interest.

Bunch of lies....from a liar...

20 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

We are yet to lose a series at home in ODI (Edit: Only England beat us), we beat teams like Pakistan, India, South Africa, under Mashrafe's captaincy. That record itself shows how strong BD have become at home. We have terrible records away from home, and this needs to change. I am sure we will become more competitive away from home, soon.

Mashrafe has changed the mind-set of the team collectively, it's very hard to manage a team with some childish players like Mushfiqur Rahim, yet Mashrafe has been able to get the best from them.

The next BD-IND tour will be really interesting. I hope we get to play 5 ODI or at least 2-3 match test series. It would be nice to play in India, like for a fall tour.

you already had a tour to India where you were soundly trashed actually.

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you already had a tour to India where you were soundly trashed actually.

Which tour are you referring to? the one off test? I don't consider that as a full tour.

I can tell you, BD would have been much more competitive than Sri Lanka for sure, if we had a proper tour.

The lack of respect in this thread is unreal....Nobody is claiming he is world class or ever was

He is kind of what sachin is to you & no I'm not claiming he is or was even close to the level of player sachin was,the way you lot overrate yourselves & your players is the most annoying thing ever....I'm from BD & I openly admit we are trash in tests(though getting better at home),Average in ODIs(becoming good at home),atrocious in T20.....we don't have a WC player(Shakib plays like one at times)

Then again we haven't been playing it for almost a century like you have,we don't make gods out of players who hold records only because they played a million matches & for stats rather than winning(looking at you sachin),we don't go over board about a sport that is relevant in like ten countries(not to your extent at least),we don't make dumbass ads about taking revenge by winning in a sport which isn't even the 2nd most popular sport in that country

So yeah,answer the op or just ignore the thread:facepalm: