How Many Of You Guys Trust Hardik Pandya To Come Good In SA Test Series?

Is his bowling really going to help our main bowlers?

If not, will his batting be at the level of a pure batsman?

We don't need no Shane Watson. Australians could afford Watson because they had a great pace attack so Watson giving them a breather was more than sufficient. Our pace attack ain't that great so we either need our 5th bowler to contribute like a bowler...or if he is just there to give relief to our main bowlers, then contribute with the bat like a proper batsman.

I don't feel confident about Pandya in either disciple. 

Nothing against Pandya. He is a developing kid. The question is whether it would be wise to use him now?

I reckon we could have gone with Vijay Shankar who is real solid bat plus a bowler who can give a breather to our pacers and pick the odd wicket.

By the way, our genius management played Pandya in SL Test & LOI leg, rested him from the SL test series (where we atleast tried to prepare tough pitches), then brought him back for the LOI leg and now is going to take him to SA.

You really need to give a Nobel prize to those jokers.

Edited by sensible-indian

Pandya won't be a bad option as a 5th bowler, I expect him to bowl 10-15 decent overs every day. With the bat he is bound to fail, he won't see a spinner in the entire tour, mark my words...it will be pace from both ends and the pacers are Steyn, Morkel, Rabada, Philander. But I will play him, let us throw youngsters into the fire and see how they emerge. One thing the kid has heart and that is half the solution, he will put his body on the line for the team and that sort of attitude needs to be encouraged. Also we wil do well to have at least a few good catchers in the field, I trust Pandya in the field. 

I trust his bowling in South Africa. Actually I trust him to be a better all rounder in tests rather than LOIs because in tests batsmen won’t go all after him and if he bowls good line, he can always give you 1-2 wickets because he hits the deck in good manner. Regarding his batting, he once scored 90 odd in Australia batting with tail when all other batsmen failed. He will develop as a batsman too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am sure ..hardik pandya will come good and cement his place as an all rounder.

dont expect him to get 4 or 5 wickets but yes 1 or 2 wickets and decent bowling and some good scores as a batsman.

he will be a massive hit..he fields like a superman..i have seen him flying on the field defying gravitational law.

he is a super athlete..our best fielder along with jadeja..

8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

The guy is gonna be class .  An bowl 90 mph and X factor bat . What more you want ? Give lad a run , will get there 

As i said he is the best pace all round option that we have. With regards to performance, we will come to know in couple of months whether he is good overseas against better batsmen and better bowlers.