Bhajji and his habit of downplaying current cricket competitiveness....

Why does he do it?

i saw an interview where he said that this South African attack is too weak and past it and the Indian batting will be too strong for them. Basically this South African tour will not have challenges which earlier Indian touring N sides faced

once earlier he also said that Jadeja and Ashwin have it really easy due to the pitches they get at home so their wicket tallies are not comparable to his and Kumble's

before the CT final, he also said that Pakistan side is not on same planet as Indian and it should be a cakewalk

basically he tries to make it sound as if the current Indian side has an easy ride due to weak opposition teams and easy condition/

basically he he tries to downplay their achievements.

Sad!

13 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Why does he do it?

i saw an interview where he said that this South African attack is too weak and past it and the Indian batting will be too strong for them. Basically this South African tour will not have challenges which earlier Indian touring N sides faced

once earlier he also said that Jadeja and Ashwin have it really easy due to the pitches they get at home so their wicket tallies are not comparable to his and Kumble's

before the CT final, he also said that Pakistan side is not on same planet as Indian and it should be a cakewalk

basically he tries to make it sound as if the current Indian side has an easy ride due to weak opposition teams and easy condition/

Sad!

First point I agree with. This is the strongest India has been and SA is not that strong. India should win.

I would personally not say that Ashwin and Jadeja have it easy but there indeed has been a push to get turners for touring teams. Ashwin + Jadeja combination << Kumble + Harbhajan

India should have beaten Pakistan. That was the worst display ever by India. Sheet happens. I still cant get over it.

I disagree with him on downplaying the opposition. 

His biggest mistake is that he is holding on to the common belief that other cricket teams are weak. He is wrong on that account as Indian team is very strong. Two different things.

25 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Why does he do it?

Sad!

Op now that I read the interview I think be fair and post the complete interview. He was very complementary towards everyone. You are misstating facts.

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

Op now that I read the interview I think be fair and post the complete interview. He was very complementary towards everyone. You are misstating facts.

Thread isn't just because of one recent interview

its the general trend im talking about 

he he always throws in a line or 2 like this in a more comprehensive interview

if its happening every time then it's a pattern and intentional 

To be honest if u look at his record he averaged 33 outisde the subcontinent and played a key role in winning a test series in nz and drawing in SA. And if you think about it had it not been for the crap officiating his all round play would have helped india win a test series in Australia, and on top of that he was in the playing 11 during both WC wins so its not like he doesnt have a right to an opinion. 

But he is wrong to say this SA is weak. They have a strong top 6, and on paper their bowling attack has never looked stronger. Their is no bowler like Andre nel or tsotobe to take advantage of. 

28 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Op at time of Xmas be little bit charitable and post the entire interview. If not I am calling bull sh*t on your posts.

For both Steyn and Morkel, it will be a challenge to stop Indian batting line-up’

'Rohit is my pick at No 6. He can ride the bounce and play his strokes'

'If Ashwin is still not an automatic pick after 300 wickets then when?'

Explain to me which of the above statements is offensive.

It is not good to live with so much hate in the heart.

Buddy this is a very positive interview by Harbhajan. I have now read the interview twice. Take your hate somewhere else.

Edited by Khota

This latest interview is just a banter going on. No Indian players would say that Indian team is going to lose. As far as Bhajji is concerned, he had a bloated ego post 2000. The kind of elitist lobbying in Indian cricket ha s been happening for years and years, you can't blame him. Heck, if someone like Ravi Shastri is gulping crores of rupees for doing nothing, you can hardly blame Bhajji for complaining!

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Utterly pathetic op . Seems like some here have the hate in their heart and the nasty jealousy which they accuse this legend ( yes suck it up weaklings he is a legend :giggle:) of having it 

said absolutely nothing of interest in interview and get this thread . Just imagine if he did say something interesting and controversial, keyboard warriors poised at the ready lol

36 minutes ago, Silva said:

To be honest if u look at his record he averaged 33 outisde the subcontinent and played a key role in winning a test series in nz and drawing in SA. And if you think about it had it not been for the crap officiating his all round play would have helped india win a test series in Australia, and on top of that he was in the playing 11 during both WC wins so its not like he doesnt have a right to an opinion. 

But he is wrong to say this SA is weak. They have a strong top 6, and on paper their bowling attack has never looked stronger. Their is no bowler like Andre nel or tsotobe to take advantage of. 

Phelyanko will be in team and is utter trash 

1 hour ago, AmreekanDesi said:

So he does not say exactly what you agree with so gets this hate . Jeez what jealousy you have

he not said anything remotely controversial .  Everything in your op that you say he said I agree with , so hardly makes him bitter and hateful , many with agree with all he has said 

41 minutes ago, Silva said:

He was pathetic in Australia every single time. He was ok in NZ and SA but chucking helps you know. Also bang mediocre in both 2007 WT20 and 2011 WC. He had a good record but is overhyped. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

He was pathetic in Australia every single time. He was ok in NZ and SA but chucking helps yo know. Also bang mediocre in both 2007 WT20 and 2011 WC. He had a good record but is overhyped. 

He did not chuck . Doosra which many did at time was a chuck . But all doosra are chucks . His offie was fine 

there you go did ok in nz , sa and England . Already above many just with that lol

Excellent economy in white ball in big tournaments and played roles in trophy wins 

and remind me how many test wickets he took ? Only in India would such a legend be hammered like this . But then icf is place were the greatest legend of India in Sachin is routinely name called and ridiculed 

8 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Utterly pathetic op . Seems like some here have the hate in their heart and the nasty jealousy which they accuse this legend ( yes suck it up weaklings he is a legend :giggle:) of having it 

said absolutely nothing of interest in interview and get this thread . Just imagine if he did say something interesting and controversial, keyboard warriors poised at the ready lol

It is pathetic indeed. No facts just hate.