SK_IH

Aus vs Eng ,Boxing Day Test at Melbourne

49 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

they are missing Starc big time.

Yeah definetely.,,I don’t think Starc is the kind of bowler on a bowler friendly pitch will reduce teams for 80/6 or 100/7 but when a team is at 300/4 or 290/5 and looking good for 400-500 on a decent surface  will come in,find his rhythm and all of a sudden you are at 310/8 or 295/7 kinda situation.

that is why he complements Hazelwood etc So

well.

He is like an enforcer.one of a kind....don’t think any other team in world cricket have that option ATM.....may be Morne Morkel in his prime but not anymore.

On 12/26/2017 at 6:59 AM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Another thrasing coming up for Eng :facepalm:

C'mmon...atleast win 1 damn test.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

England looking good at 213 for 2 

Edited by Shy9

39 minutes ago, surajmal said:

ummm... Since when did Lyon start acting like he is the second coming of murali? BC acts as if he is going to get a wicket every ball. Someone needs to tell him that he still looks like a warehouse labourer. 

:cantstop:

Just now, YCCC said:

Think England might just manage a draw here now, especially with rain tomorrow and Saturday :aha:

Shuts the Aussies up about the whitewash anyway.

If weather gods permit, I can sense an England victory here.... Just get them all out once again ( if possible for less than 200 runs). They should have an easy target to chase in 4th innings if Eng has to bat!!!

6 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Did you say that in Perth as well lol 

Lol yep you got me.

These slowish flat pitches seem to be England's favourite type of pitches at the moment. Beat SA last summer on similar tracks. It's quite similar to a lot of county pitches these days I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

England winning is a good result for us, else a 5-0 would have brought Aus within striking distance of the no 1 ranking after our expected series loss against Saffers. Want England to win the last 2 tests, they won't threaten the top spot for a long time methinks. 

Exactly.i am happy if England win 1 or draw a couple but then it's always enjoyable to see the poms get smashed lol 

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

England winning is a good result for us, else a 5-0 would have brought Aus within striking distance of the no 1 ranking after our expected series loss against Saffers. Want England to win the last 2 tests, they won't threaten the top spot for a long time methinks. 

Agree England are a long way from a top 3 side, but we all know the rankings system is a strange beast. With a run of easier series (compared to Aus away or India away anyway) any team can rise quickly. NZ away, Pakistan and India at home, SL and WI away and Aus at home could bring a string of good results.

2 minutes ago, adi B said:

Exactly.i am happy if England win 1 or draw a couple but then it's always enjoyable to see the poms get smashed lol 

I only care about our test ranking, want us to extend our stay at the top for as long as possible. Even if Saffers win a close series 2-1 in January 2018, they will get near us. A 5-0 victory for Aus would have pushed England to 98 points, meaning even draws by us in UK next year would result in us bleeding points and getting demoted from the top spot. And believe me we may even lose multiple matches there, so we will bleed less if England start getting some wins under their belt before next summer. 

4 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Lol yep you got me.

These slowish flat pitches seem to be England's favourite type of pitches at the moment. Beat SA last summer on similar tracks. It's quite similar to a lot of county pitches these days I suppose.

I love watching Cook bat, his batsmanship is very modest - quite opposite of Sehwag. Very old fashioned and risk free approach to the game, not even a single lofted shot in his innings so far.

3 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Agree England are a long way from a top 3 side, but we all know the rankings system is a strange beast. With a run of easier series (compared to Aus away or India away anyway) any team can rise quickly. NZ away, Pakistan and India at home, SL and WI away and Aus at home could bring a string of good results.

SL, Pak, WI are quite low in the rankings table so I don't think England can gain many points against them even if they sweep them all away. NZ is at 100 points but Eng only play a 2 test series there, so not much to gain even if they play exceedingly well. Potentially Eng can gain many points if they beat India next year because even in worst case scenario (i.e 0-3 against SA) Ind will be sitting at 118 points and that will be a 5 test series.

So based on all possible permutations and combinations even if England play well from here on, I expect them to be serious contenders for the top spot only from 2019 onwards. In fact next year I see the number 1 fight as a 2 way contest between India and SA, both Aus and Eng will join the race in 2019. 

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Cook stays 244*. Innings of the series so far.

I ll beg to differ,series is gone ,pressure isn't the same ,opposition bowling lineup missing key player ,so in context of series Smith's effort both in Perth n Brisbane way better

This Curran guy is bowling 123 in Australia. No wonder Smith scores all those runs against this pathetic attack. Infact the Aussie batting lineup is nothing without Smith and Warner. A strong English attack may have been much more competitive.

Guest, sign in to access all features.