Jump to content
Cricketics

The Ranji Trophy Final - Delhi vs Vidarbha

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, renjith said:

thanks!

gurbani is a shade better than neral and aditya ..slightly faster...between 124 to 129k ..though looks 5 k faster.

 

how they got wickets ?

all three bowled way outside of 4th stump...i mean in 5th 6th 7th n 8th stump line.

batsman followed them and gave their wickets in a platter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shorey made a 100 but one does not need to get too impressed..he has good temperament and is not in the class of manish pandey or shreyas iyer or even kedar....

 

as analysts we should be true , appreciate their line n length n batting performance but be clear that they dont seem to be good enuf to walk in to play for india at his point for Sure. compare them with the one who are playing and then think and apply your judgement and share..

 

gurbani can improve but currently he is slower than bhuvi also and just bowls full

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

shorey made a 100 but one does not need to get too impressed..he has good temperament and is not in the class of manish pandey or shreyas iyer or even kedar....

 

as analysts we should be true , appreciate their line n length n batting performance but be clear that they dont seem to be good enuf to walk in to play for india at his point for Sure. compare them with the one who are playing and then think and apply your judgement and share..

 

gurbani can improve but currently he is slower than bhuvi also and just bowls full

These kind of knocks in big games help the confidence of the batsman. After that all talent and technique gayi bhaad mein. If Shorey can look ugly but can score runs next year, then I will consider him for future A tours. Same goes for other players playing in Ranji.

 

Pujara looks ugly to watch but is damn effective because he has his own technique. Rohit was all class earlier in his career but could never progress at Test Level(he might do now may be). We need to look beyond how classy one is looking and concentrate on the numbers they are putting up in Ranji.

 

Someone like Pant, like how he was putting big numbers, he could have been tried at least in some format that time.

 

But scoring big in a crucial games helps and Shorey can take this confidence to the next level. It doesn't get bigger than this for Ranji cricketers to score in the final. He is still not out.

 

That said, I like Himmat Singh a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Disappointing overall from Delhi. Should have at least reached 375 with this line up. They are better than this.

Game wide open. Vidarbha has a good chance to win their first title.

there was a lot of movement yesterday in the first session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tweaker said:

Kejoroliya bowling 132 k, thought he would be 140 k +

Its just first over. Anyways, whatever little clips we have seem him of him are from his LOI games. In last game he did bowl at decent pace.

He is a fit dude, he will up his pace very soon. Surely a 142k bowler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Has anyone seen Saini's speeds in his first 3 overs  ?

 

Bowled 145 k, 142 k from 4th over onwards 

Average speed was 138. He did bowl few 140s and some 135.

Hasn't bowled as well to the lefties as it was drifting towards leg stump but I know he is trying hard since Delhi has a low score than they expected. I expect him to get a fifer here. Will be amazing if he can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Has anyone seen Saini's speeds in his first 3 overs  ?

 

Bowled 145 k, 142 k from 4th over onwards 

Yes, bowled well with good pace but not touched the quality of that semifinal spell. Yet like RKT said he looks too quick for these guys to get the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pindxb said:

Yes, bowled well with good pace but not touched the quality of that semifinal spell. Yet like RKT said he looks too quick for these guys to get the edge.

 

He has bowled quite a few leg stump deliveries to left-handers.  Needs to come round the wicket and target off stump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Khejrolia looks very stressed and burdened. His run up and release also looks very burdened. He needs to relax. He looks like someone who is putting too much pressure on himself, and its showing on his performance.

he is not used to play bowl so many overs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Khejrolia looks very stressed and burdened. His run up and release also looks very burdened. He needs to relax. He looks like someone who is putting too much pressure on himself, and its showing on his performance.

Its his 1st season in ranji , its not that he has been bowling for long. He is a late starters n i highly doubt he wud have played much of long format cricket. As of now he shud be only considered as LOI prospect

His stamina n action will get better as 1-2 season pass by

 

I see at his action n feel with few tweaks he can increase his pace a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×