Cricketics

The Ranji Trophy Final - Delhi vs Vidarbha

On ‎29‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 3:54 PM, vvvslaxman said:

This Gurbani guy seems to be doing well. Is he a swing bowler?

He should be Indian main bowler in July 2018 series in England as no one swing  the ball as much as Gurbani

He is medium  fast plus his Line, length great

Gurbani only become 2nd bowler in ranji final with hattrick

( 1972 ranji  final B.Kalyansundram took hattrick for tamilnadu vs  Bombay)

5 minutes ago, Shy9 said:

He should be Indian main bowler in July 2018 series in England as no one swing  the ball as much as Gurbani

He is medium  fast plus his Line, length great

Gurbani only become 2nd bowler in ranji final with hattrick

( 1972 ranji  final B.Kalyansundram took hattrick for tamilnadu vs  Bombay)

Hi Gurbani ! :wave:

Pant is far behind now, someone should tells him where to stand

When throw came from Fielders, he missing twice yesterday, standing in-front of stumps instead back.

I was watching on hotstar on my pc.wasim jafar with 18000 FC runs will be key today but over all, vidarbh did wonderful this seasons

8 matches -6 wins -2 Draw : now playing in the final.They deserved to win on day 5

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

Just saw the hat-trick of gurbani. Awesome way to get a hat-trick. He seems to be that banana swing type bowler.

Its not banana swing, its seam movement dipping in, banana swing is what sandeep sharma bowls in IPL or praveen Kumar used to be in internationals

Edited by speedheat

6 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Was that missing leg?

The leg was inside the line. So it was 50-50.. I reckon in an international match it may have gone either way. As I write this, 141 k bouncer from Saini.

This is international class bowling from all the 3 bowlers, Saini, Khejroliya and Sudana.

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Its not banana swing, its seam movement dipping in, banana swing is what sandeep sharma bowls in IPL or praveen Kumar used to be in internationals

Yes but what I meant was that he could do that on suitable pitches. This seems like a more standard sportive pitch.

Just went through the tweets of Manju bhogle Aakash Laxman. Not a single mention on the ranji final since 3 days.. says something about the actual professionalism of these  guys and the BCCI ecosystem. 

Professionalism of Laxman = his commentator role one , not his playing career.

10 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Just went through the tweets of Manju bhogle Aakash Laxman. Not a single mention on the ranji final since 3 days.. says something about the actual professionalism of these  guys and the BCCI ecosystem. 

Manju is a cunt. Bhogle, an opportunist and a businessman. He cares for his money. Laxman is an idiot .. Aakash still seems to be the man for the job... 

27 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Manju is a cunt. Bhogle, an opportunist and a businessman. He cares for his money. Laxman is an idiot .. Aakash still seems to be the man for the job... 

Calm down guys don't show unnecessary hate for someone for no reason. Especially for Harsha here who did post about Ranji.

Vk1, I wonder if you really looked into Harsha's twitter account. He did post about Delhi batting earlier on day 1. Before blaming someone and randomly mentioning someone somewhere, at least double check the account.

The match is interestingly poised. If Vidarbha can manage to somehow pull of 60 odd runs before they are dismissed and then Gurbani can make the ball talk again in the second innings, it will be really really fun. 

Gambhir and the strong Delhi batting line up will not let go of the situation and make sure Vidarbha faces a target of 200 in the 4th innings and that will be a box office chase to watch if they start well. 

3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

The match is interestingly poised. If Vidarbha can manage to somehow pull of 60 odd runs before they are dismissed and then Gurbani can make the ball talk again in the second innings, it will be really really fun. 

Gambhir and the strong Delhi batting line up will not let go of the situation and make sure Vidarbha faces a target of 200 in the 4th innings and that will be a box office chase to watch if they start well. 

Another important thing is time. It also depends how long Vidharbha bats in the first inning. The amount of time they use up in this inning wil put pressure on Delhi team to score faster to ensure they have enough time to knock the opponents out. However, if Vidarbha gets to bat only 3 sessions in the 2nd innings, then they can easily look to play for a draw as they already have the lead to win the Ranji.

If I land in Delhi by March, I think I need to find some contacts who can put me in trials for this Delhi line up so that I can play for in Ranji by next year or two. HMM good chance? May be I should try to go to places like Uttarakhand if they plan to bring their Ranji Team in the near future. I might have a chance with my 82-85 miles per hour Associate level pace. Won't do worse than some of these Ranji Bowlers who bowl around 130ks opening the bowling for numerous teams.

13 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

This 23 yr WK Akshay outscored pant in 1 innings alone :(( but I guess no one cares because it's not mighty "Rishab Pant" and doesn't hack at 80SR in Test format:p:

People care about Rishab Pant more because he had an outstanding season of almost 1k runs in a season which no one gets to in Ranji season easily. Him failing or doing well will bother or excite people more naturally since he had a prolific season last year.

Guest, sign in to access all features.