Highest Indian Wicket taking Pacer in Africa will be jasprit Bumrah

Umesh is Out of form ..so i dont have too much of expectations of him.

Bhuvi requires Swinging conditions and I am assuming that SOuth Africa may not present Swing conditions that kind of confirms that bhuvi does not play in the 11.

so now IShant Shammi and Bumrah will play with hardik and Ashwin.

Shammi and bumrah will take maximum wickets and ishant will also create a lot of Pressure , i l not be surprised if Ashwin is also replaced by rohit sharma or KL rahul in one of the test matches as they cant afford to bench hardik pandya and if ashwin gets to bowl less than he can relax.

i dont mind a pace attack of Ishant Shammi bumrah and Hardik and a Solid Batting team of 7 batsman ensuring that we dont loose the test. out of ashwin or hardik ..hardik may have more chances to take wickets on pacy pitches and hardik's bouncers and his bowling is also wicket taking though he gives runs ...

1. shammi will be our spearhead.
  2. ishant can bowl long spells and hope wicket taking spells too...
  3. bumrah can also bowl long spells and fast wicket taking spells too.
  4. hardik could bowl deadly bouncers and surprise them with short spells.

i will go with 6 batsman and Saha at no 7 and Score Big.

this pace attack is decent and bhuvi and Umesh miss out..if Umesh is in full form than he can play ahead of Ishant and umesh is very fit and can bowl long spells too.

with his awkward action ..bumrah is bound to take wickets unless african batsman and bowlers have studied him well ..i dont expect them to sort out bumrah so soon ..bumrah gets wickets and creates a lot of wicket taking opportunities.

he has great bouncers and dangerous yorkers...bumrah will take more wickets than SHAMMI for INDIA and these two guys may take maximum wickets.

i hope umesh picks himself up else there are shardul,Navdeep Saini, Siraj and Ankit rajpoot waiting in india to replace him in future....i still support umesh yadav but its a tough world and survival of the fittest & best is the rule.

i am very much excited because bumrah has been selected..ideally i would want umesh shammi bumrah and hardik should play but i know ishant may get selected ahead of Umesh ...which is OK for me as long as he is bowling better than Umesh.

i dont want ashwin to be selected and then get under bowled...he is sure going to be a failure if the pitch is not going to help Spin...jadeja could be better as he at least keep the scoring under check but if jadeja 's bowling does not turn even little batsman can swing big against jadeja too.

i would prefer than none of the spinners are played if its a green track.

16 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Umesh is Out of form ..so i dont have too much of expectations of him.

Bhuvi requires Swinging conditions and I am assuming that SOuth Africa may not present Swing conditions that kind of confirms that bhuvi does not play in the 11.

so now IShant Shammi and Bumrah will play with hardik and Ashwin.

Shammi and bumrah will take maximum wickets and ishant will also create a lot of Pressure , i l not be surprised if Ashwin is also replaced by rohit sharma or KL rahul in one of the test matches as they cant afford to bench hardik pandya and if ashwin gets to bowl less than he can relax.

i dont mind a pace attack of Ishant Shammi bumrah and Hardik and a Solid Batting team of 7 batsman ensuring that we dont loose the test. out of ashwin or hardik ..hardik may have more chances to take wickets on pacy pitches and hardik's bouncers and his bowling is also wicket taking though he gives runs ...

1. shammi will be our spearhead.
  2. ishant can bowl long spells and hope wicket taking spells too...
  3. bumrah can also bowl long spells and fast wicket taking spells too.
  4. hardik could bowl deadly bouncers and surprise them with short spells.

i will go with 6 batsman and Saha at no 7 and Score Big.

this pace attack is decent and bhuvi and Umesh miss out..if Umesh is in full form than he can play ahead of Ishant and umesh is very fit and can bowl long spells too.

I will put Umesh and Ishant over Bumrah strictly for their experience. I would not write off Bhuvi either. I like your analysis though let us see how it unfolds.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

I will put Umesh and Ishant over Bumrah strictly for their experience. I would not write off Bhuvi either. I like your analysis though let us see how it unfolds.

Why? Why is experience more important than skill and form? What impact would Umesh's previous experience in South Africa have when he has shown since then that he is learnt very little (if not nothing), as evidenced by his downright terrible test record?

How does experience get you wickets when you are out there, bowling on those wickets as the likes of Dale Steyn, Morkel, Rabada roam with their superior skill?

This is why Navdeep Saina has been allowed to reach the age of 25 before even consideration of a chance for him in the national team. At 25, Dale Steyn was demonstrating his supreme skill during the record-breaking 2008 year. Culture of experience over technical know-how, skill and attacking bowling is why Australia will forever play more attacking and attractive cricket over India, no matter how successful the current team becomes in test cricket. 

Edited by lamellavig
4 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Why? Why is experience more important than skill and form? What impact would Umesh's previous experience in South Africa have when he has shown since then that he is learnt very little (if not nothing), as evidenced by his downright terrible test record?

How does experience get you wickets when you are out there, bowling on those wickets as the likes of Dale Steyn, Morkel, Rabada roam with their superior skill?

This is why Navdeep Saina has been allowed to reach the age of 25 before even consideration of a chance for him in the national team. At 25, Dale Steyn was demonstrating his supreme skill during the record-breaking 2008 year. Culture of experience over technical know-how, skill and attacking bowling is why Australia will forever play more attacking and attractive cricket over India, no matter how successful the current team becomes in test cricket. 

Umesh did not even play in SA last time. It was Zaheer, Shami and Ishant if I remember correct.

10 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Umesh did not even play in SA last time. It was Zaheer, Shami and Ishant if I remember correct.

For that matter, why are there so many bowlers with sub-28 domestic averages not given a debut yet? I could understand if India were all set for the future, but with hacks like Ishant and Umesh competing that is clearly not the case. 

Edited by lamellavig
3 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

For that Kohli will have to play Bumrah in the first place. He follows a strict queue policy, and queue jumping is only allowed to his buddies.

when it comes to bumrah ...bumrah has been jumping queue since the start for ODI. he was a no body and suddenly became most important ahead of Mallinga and johnson of australia...so he is bound to beat others.

just remember shammi or umesh or ishant were fixed odi fixtures .. bumrah threw away all and has even beaten bhuvi to become to no 1 PACER in odi ...fast bowling is similar in odi and tests, just the test pitches may help the bowlers a little. bumrah has already beaten bhuvi to be the no 1 pacer for india in ODI.

Bumrah is bound to become india's sperhead in tests as well ...he may even beat SHAMMI as my prediction is STRAIGHT that BUMRAH will TAKE maximum wickets against africa and he will beat shammi closely but surely.

bumrah is bound to win MOM in one or two tests as he will play critical roles for india to win 1 or 2 tests.

3 hours ago, fineleg said:

Are you willing to bet ? Barring injury, Bhuvi is 100% in playing 11

dear i have already written what i analyse....ishant shammi bumrah will be our pace attack with Hardik in the first test unless its swinging conditions..africa offers bouncy tracks and so ishant is ahead of bhuvi. shammi and bumrah are our Pace leaders..one guys leads in tests and second guy used to lead in ODI but now he will be played in tests too...its simple.

if conditions support only then bhuvi is picked in tests.

2 hours ago, lamellavig said:

For that matter, why are there so many bowlers with sub-28 domestic averages not given a debut yet? I could understand if India were all set for the future, but with hacks like Ishant and Umesh competing that is clearly not the case. 

the bowling folks 5 selected for india are perfect and are clear leaders in india...indian selectors were congratulated by lot of analysts for great team pick..its a worry ..big worry for africans now.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:01 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

among african pace attack only Rabada will create some PANIC for us..i dont expect styen gun and morkel and philander to create major Issue's for our Pujara vijay dhawan and kohli..as morkel and steyn have been sorted out and we will play them well.

I am more worried about Morkel than anyone. Morkel is the biggest threat but South Africa might not realize this and might make him sit out if they play 3 seamers.  

Morkel has historically troubled us even when he was young and had not made his debut for South Africa he troubled us in warm up games. 

He is the best of the best out there with the amout bounce and pace he generates. India might get “Morkalized” in a session or two this series provided he is played by South Africa and used well.