The Unpopular Cricket Opinions Thread

Gollum

5 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

WI pacers of 1980s overhyped short pitch attack. Most of them were skilled and picked wickets mostly on full pitched deliveries. They were not in McGrath mould who used to get most wickets because of bounce.

that used to happen because of lack of feet movement and constant fear of short ball. this still happens but not as regularly because batsmen today are more used to pace and has all the protective gears.  its the followup deliveries that give you more wickets than the Short balls.

1)Kohli or his PR team  suffers from some kind of non Indian complex.

He makes the team sign shirts and gifts players of other countries....never done for Indian players.

He grins like a moron and chills with pakistanis after the final loss in CT.

He shows concern for Sri lankan fan which is well publicized ...and calls one SL fan for his wedding( again well publicized) but we do not see such treatment for the famous Indian fans . 

He is as much a creation of his PR team as his on field exploits.

Anushka is the leader of his PR team .Good or bad....she has a big role to play in what he is today. Left on his own, he would probably be using his middle finger to do the talking for him.

2)  Dhoni's PR team is better than Modi's PR team. If not for the PR social media army, he probably would not be playing t20s .

Edited by beetle
9 hours ago, Gollum said:

45. Srinath was a gem of a bowler. I rate him as our greatest quick even above Kapil. Zak is nowhere near these 2 guns and I don't get the hype around his record which is mediocre.

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking this.  I wouldn't rate him above Kapil, but hells yeah I doubt anyone has come close to him since.

Also Srinath could get seriously quick in his day.  There's a spell of his bowling to some NZ batsmen, he had them ducking and weaving, ended up with some batsman flattened on the pitch. 

On 30/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, beetle said:

1)Kohli or his PR team  suffers from some kind of non Indian complex.

He makes the team sign shirts and gifts players of other countries....never done for Indian players.

He grins like a moron and chills with pakistanis after the final loss in CT.

He shows concern for Sri lankan fan which is well publicized ...and calls one SL fan for his wedding( again well publicized) but we do not see such treatment for the famous Indian fans . 

He is as much a creation of his PR team as his on field exploits.

Anushka is the leader of his PR team .Good or bad....she has a big role to play in what he is today. Left on his own, he would probably be using his middle finger to do the talking for him.

2)  Dhoni's PR team is better than Modi's PR team. If not for the PR social media army, he probably would not be playing t20s .

11 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

52. Shastri did a great job before and is continuing to do a great job as coach now .Unlike Kumble who was a bit like Chappell who had poor man management and made the players dislike him .

Agree with the Kumble bit.

A head coach has to have man management skills which he seems to lack. Probably would have done better as a bowling coach for spinners on a part time basis ....which does not require constant interaction.

24 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

52. Shastri did a great job before and is continuing to do a great job as coach now .Unlike Kumble who was a bit like Chappell who had poor man management and made the players dislike him .

Make your own list :eviltongue:, I hate Shastribot and will never appreciate him. 

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Make your own list :eviltongue:, I hate Shastribot and will never appreciate him. 

May be because you like Kumble a lot and hence hate the person who was chosen for his job. Carefully think on this and then there will be your answer why really hate Shastri.

I am a huge Kumble fan, but don't mind Shastri.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:27 AM, Gollum said:

No need of T20 numbers because Sachin never played them, so a direct comparision is ruled out. 

Sachin's knock in 1996 QF was pathetic, Sidhu and Jadeja salvaged the score with their batting that day. ABDV has been very unlucky in these stages, that run out in 2011 QF was Faf's fault. In 2015 again rain robbed him when he was batting like a God. Sachin OTOH was lucky, eg he was dropped 5 times in Mohali and got an easy side in 2003 SF. Sachin's 1996 SF and 2011 QF were both good knocks in KO stage I agree. Now if we move to test cricket ABDV has some great back against the wall type innings in 4th innings while Sachin has failed often in 4th innings.

I am not saying SRT is a choker but when you put him alongside other ATGs like Viv, Ponting, Lara in direct comparison he comes out looking like a choker (relatively speaking). 

How many world cups did lars fair well in? Ponting played 5 wc finals and succeeded in the one, where he came after hayden and gilchrist had demolished the bowling. He failed in 4

This is the most unfair thing i always find about sachin comparisons. Sachin has to be the best in everything, tests, all innings all tournaments, starter and finisher. Or else he is a choker. Whereas other players need to just be good in one or two aspects. 

Gollum you totally got it wrong, Tendulkar's knock of 1996 was probably better than 2011. In 2011, he was dropped many times and perhaps at the at of the day if you ask Tendulkar, even he would say that even though he got the man of the match, he won't have been satisfied with the way he batted in the semi finals with the amount of lives he got in the game.

Also Tendulkar was brilliant during through out the 2003 world cup.

24 minutes ago, beetle said:

Agree with the Kumble bit.

A head coach has to have man management skills which he seems to lack. Probably would have done better as a bowling coach for spinners on a part time basis ....which does not require constant interaction.

Kumble like Chappell . Had great cricket brain , tactics and good selector . But if we players don’t like you and resent you the above is useless . Man mangt is vital part of coach 

Kumble better being bad ass chairman of selectors . As piss team of does not matter 

10 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Gollum you totally got it wrong, Tendulkar's knock of 1996 was probably better than 2011. In 2011, he was dropped many times and perhaps at the at of the day if you ask Tendulkar, even he would say that even though he got the man of the match, he won't have been satisfied with the way he batted in the semi finals with the amount of lives he got in the game.

Also Tendulkar was brilliant during through out the 2003 world cup.

I said his 1996 SF was a good knock. His 1996 QF knock was bad, team was going nowhere as long as he was there.

These two might make me one of the most hated posters on the forum but here I go:

1. Cricket is an incredibly corrupt sport.

2. Indian cricketers and administrators are only marginally less corrupt than Pakistani ones. The difference is that Padosis are not that smart about their corruption and they're way more shameless.