Sign in to follow this  
velu

I feel 2018 is going to be my year: Ajinkya Rahane

You've seen a rough patch lately. What's going on inside your mind?

My mind and heart tells me 2018 is going to be my year and I'm really confident about it. I've always maintained that be it cricket or life, I always prefer to remain in the present. So, while it's going to be a year of many challenges, the focus right now is on South Africa. Doing well there is right on the top of my mind. As far as the big picture is concerned, every day is a different day, every game is a different game.

prv_1514517640.jpeg

landscape-1438173668-cute-success-kid.jp

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/99297/india-tour-of-south-africa-2018-i-feel-2018-is-going-to-be-my-year-ajinkya-rahane

Still have a lot of hope from him. One good innings and he will be all right. This is kind of his first major slump. Good thing is that it came at home as such massive average record overseas usually takes more toll on you.

Rahane is a champion abtand probabaly the best number 5 we can ask for.  Hoping for a good year from him.

That's one way to start a new year. He has only himself to blame, after failing in so many matches. Look at KL Rahul, top 10 batsman in ICC rankins a month ago and he's been dropped for clowns. 

2 minutes ago, Lannister said:

That's one way to start a new year. He has only himself to blame, after failing in so many matches. Look at KL Rahul, top 10 batsman in ICC rankins a month ago and he's been dropped for clowns. 

a ship of fools.

wow. i was under the impression Rahane was injured but wow how can we drop Rahane from the test team.  He's a gun Test player and has tons of potential.  Totally surprised by the move.  Hopefully, he comes back soon

Mental toughness is lacking. His played some great knocks, but only the Lords 2014 is the standout which led to India win and taking 1-0 lead in the series.

Today was that crunch moment again, India down 1-2, 4th Test, 142-3, all the hard work done by the top 4 batsmen seeing off the new ball. But he just never looked settled, he even got a life (catch dropped by Root).

Him and Pujara only had to take India past 200 and rest of the runs would have come. 

Rahane Has been poor ,Middle Order Is Comparatively Easier than Top Order Still he has Struggled add his Struggles in Sc and he Should Find it Difficult to maintain his place.

He needs to eat few eggs and non veg stuff to gain weight.

It's becoming quite depressing to watch a malnourished guy getting ducks after ducks with a sad face..

Useless in the subcontinent.

Useless outside. 

Why he is in the team?

41 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Poor guy. What happened to him. He has been so good in the last overseas cycle and now he is turned into Afridi of Test cricket with his ducks. 

Bhai what's this BS around good overseas last cycle.Even in last cycle he was highly inconsistent and that's still the same.

@putrevus rightly put in some other thread about Rahane that he never looks in form.Even if scored 300 on one game,he looks lost in next game.

He is quite overrated but still worth keeping in loop in future, however dropping him from the xi is not a bad idea.

12 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

Average of 40 after so many test matches.

Massive under achiever.

Lucky he is playing in this era. In big 4 era, he wouldn't have made it to India A set-up.

Average has gone down drastically from 51 to 40.

Edited by Switchblade