Dhoni vs Bevan, Who is/was the greatest finisher

raki05

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Dhoni, no contest. He can rotate the strike just as well in his prime, but Bevan couldn't clear the boundary if his life depended on it.

Its not only about hitting, i know dhoni can/ could hit better but what about translating it to performances,. Barring wc11 final what other significant  inning he played in icc or major events against good to great opponent. I think thats where bevan has outperformed  him. Other than that i agree in his prime Dhoni can destroy best of the attacks but when we go gaga about his finishing ability, how many crucial matches in major events he won or took us out from misery.

10 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Its not only about hitting, i know dhoni can/ could hit better but what about translating it to performances,. Barring wc11 final what other significant  inning he played in icc or major events against good to great opponent. I think thats where bevan has outperformed  him. Other than that i agree in his prime Dhoni can destroy best of the attacks but when we go gaga about his finishing ability, how many crucial matches in major events he won or took us out from misery.

Dhoni has equal to or better performance chasing than Bevan.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Dhoni better by a country mile

How can a batter like Bevan , with a SR of 74  ( in an era when there were 10+ batters with SRs  of 85+ )  be considered even one of the best is a bit beyond me  !

As said before its not abt strike rate . Who won more matches for his team in dire situations or set up respectable target when team needed the most in major events. As far as strike rate is considerd ,i m sure there would be definetely 10 + batter whose strike rate would be more than him. In the era of bevan that was considered as good strike rate. Anyway this discussion is about finishing abilities or winning matches for their teams in crucial situation and not about strike rate.

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Is this even a competition? I am the biggest hater of MSD but the answer is Dhoni by a huge margin!

Why you assume this discussion is based on love or hate, its just about  who was best finner based on facts in major events.

Dhoni doesn't have any notable innings apart from WC 2011 final (where he had no business promoting himself before yuvi) and that 65 against Aus in SF was as useless as it gets. But overall, dhoni wins. He can play innings like 183* while chasing or 75(46)or whatever he made against Pakistani in 2005 I think but bevan could never play innings like this. 

Edited by Laaloo